Ahsoka Ahsoka: Episodes 1 and 2 Spoiler Thread

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
You were right, I was a coward.
2d2d916f17871d55c71abc5c32ad7cd35d772954.gifv

But now I know there’s something stronger than fear - far stronger.
653a96137f245691cf5fa5191432daf384521c2f.gifv

The Force.
530b55006242830d75fd9d8a4901f6dbde60fdd9.gifv

Let me show you how strong it is.

61066f1d7d51ed999cb8fef3bd564a7747f322f7.gifv

Mmmmm, sexy, sexy E-wing. Pity the lady blocks it.

Unless Disney releases it early for the East Coast, I may pass on watching it on release. Over 2 hours is a bit much at 3 am.
I thought they were 96 mins. Did I read that wrong?

Maybe I did. I thought someone posted it was 96 for one and 36 for the second.

I like Sabine, Hera, Chopper, and Huyang's return. Unfortunately, the rest is rough. Dawson's Ahsoka still falls flat for my money, the lighting and cinematography is flat, the action is dull, the story is slow without weight and yet feels murky and undefined still. I technically know what's going on, but it feels insubstantial. There are also just a lot of little decisions throughout that felt baffling, like how seriously they chased her down with two fighters over... not appearing at the ceremony.

I wasn't expecting to love it, but I expected better than this.

Finished the first two. I like Sabine, Hera, Chop, and Doctor Droid a lot. But outside of that, it's very rough. The plot and story have not been good so far, the pacing is bad (it's already too long), Dawson is worse then ever as Ahsoka, and this is easily the worst looking Star Wars show so far.

Also the retcons are out of control. Making what's her face from the Mando a nightsister, but then completely failing at making her look like one, while still putting her in whiteface? Good lord. :doh:

This is certainly a show that does things. Can't say I understand a whole lot of what it does, but it is certainly doing things. A lot of really weird decisions being made, and horrid writing. No idea how they're going to fill out another 6 episodes of this as the plot feels very thin.

Not a good sign for the future of the films if this continues to be the quality going forward, but maybe the show will turn things around.

I figured, even with all my issues that I expected to have, that this would likely be plotted well given Filoni's been working in TV for over a decade and a half. Genuinely surprised to feel wrong about that one.

Also, uncharted space and all makes sense, but a whole new galaxy seems a bit... I dunno, that's not gelling for my money.

The show as a concept is so weird. Ahsoka has no story left and it's obvious. To the point, that they back tracked her to her pre-Rebels finale character, but more moody. That they removed her white outfit and staff, and apparently her spiritual journey from Ezra pulling her out of time at the end of season 2.

The star of this show is Sabine and if they focused on her, we might have something. But they don't so...

The show as a concept is so weird. Ahsoka has no story left and it's obvious. To the point, that they back tracked her to her pre-Rebels finale character, but more moody. That they removed her white outfit and staff, and apparently her spiritual journey from Ezra pulling her out of time at the end of season 2.

The star of this show is Sabine and if they focused on her, we might have something. But they don't so...
The other day, I saw someone make the point that they felt Ahsoka's arc and where she was left in Rebels didn't line up with Filoni's newer opportunities to direct in live action. I wasn't sure I totally got what they meant until actually seeing it play out here. Recreating the end of Rebels, having the mural be the same despite the fact that doesn't really make sense (in-universe with Rebels, it's photorealistic. Here, Rebels' art style is her art style), making sure to make her armour the same, her hair, etc... And then Ahsoka walks up looking completely different. And not practical reasons like her head tails, but her garments and the whole energy she approaches it with. It does rather feel like her story was moving to a point... and now they've doubled back to probably get her to the same point in the end I assume.

I only watched the first episode. Mary Elizabeth Winstead always has my attention. Natasha Liu Bordizzo was the standout. Other than that? One of the most boring first episodes I've ever seen. They should've called it Star Bores! :o

And whover decided Star Wars should look ugly should be sent to jail. Unacceptable in a franchise that was once shot by Gilbert Taylor, Peter Suschitzky, Greig Fraser, Dan Mindel, and Steve Yedlin. Hell, even David Tattersall too!

I haven't seen the episodes yet but didn't Fioni say in a previous interview that this show doesn't necessarily take place after the ending in Rebels (i.e., Ahsoka the White)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"