• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics All-New Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Avril...? Why does that sound familiar? When did we last see her? Could they be using her now you think, with the new MARVELNOW?
Or it could just be someone new.
I'd love to hear Donald's theories.

Sally is dead.
The new girl is the girl that was sitting with Peter at lunch in the previous issue.
Also, it was really obvious that Silk was being help by Ezekiel in the same kind of Bunker that he tried to hide Peter in.

He's been dead for a long time now and she has been completely forgotten about.

Sally Avril...? Why does that sound familiar? When did we last see her? Could they be using her now you think, with the new MARVELNOW?

just to refresh your memory about the name Sally Avril sounding familiar... she was Peter's classmate who attempted to become the super-hero named Bluebird within the pages of Untold Tales of Spider-Man... it wasn't long that she was tragically killed shortly after assuming the costumed identity...

images

Sally_Avril_001.jpg

2924298-bds_spider_man_kelsey_chow_es_sally_avril.jpg

Who do you think is the Girl that is locked in the Tower? Spider-Powers, Ezekial, Watches Spidey's fights again and again like a fan would.
Clearly she was in his class at Midtown.
Any speculation?

I think she was in Pete's class, but she was whisked away probably shortly after being bit, and has been kept away ever since. Therefore, it is no one we ever met.

just to refresh your memory about the name Sally Avril sounding familiar... she was Peter's classmate who attempted to become the super-hero named Bluebird within the pages of Untold Tales of Spider-Man... it wasn't long that she was tragically killed shortly after assuming the costumed identity...

images

Sally_Avril_001.jpg

2924298-bds_spider_man_kelsey_chow_es_sally_avril.jpg

Yeah, and the cartoon Spectacular Spider-Man also used the name for the nasty blonde in Pete's class.

Sally is dead.
The new girl is the girl that was sitting with Peter at lunch in the previous issue.
Also, it was really obvious that Silk was being help by Ezekiel in the same kind of Bunker that he tried to hide Peter in.

He's been dead for a long time now and she has been completely forgotten about.

That's really sad.
Where did the name Silk come from BTW?

I've wondered something about Peter Parker's love life, and that he's all right with Mary Jane having a new boyfriend. At some point, Peter would decide he can't have a girlfriend because "someone is always going to need Spider-Man to save them."

Peter deciding to just stop looking for love because of Spider-Man might make him a little too Batman-like. Or that Uncle Ben's death is influencing him in a way that isn't healthy, even for a superhero.

Anyone agree/disagree?

He's gonna wind up with Silk.
They will Spin some intimate and sensual webs together.

He's gonna wind up with Silk.
They will Spin some intimate and sensual webs together.

meanin' Pete will get so worked up being with her that he ends up sharing some of his web fluid with her?... *THWIP*THWIP*THWIIIIP*... I'll BET!... :woot:

Right now a few things don't make sense:
1 - if she knows that Peter is Spider-Man, why didn't the Mind-Wipe work on her?
2 - How long has she been held captive?
2a - if it has been since very early on, how come 'Zeke didn't do the same to Pete back then, why wait for Morlun to finally come to NY?
2b - She wasn't facing Pete when he or she got bit, so how does she know that Pete is Spider-Man?

I had another 2 questions, but I can't remember them right now.

OK, forgive me, but I just watched Dollhouse and it got me thinking again. So, are we satisfied that Pete is now really back and all? I seem to remember Dan saying that the "Ghost Pete" was only a memory fragment, NOT real Pete. But isn't it "Ghost Pete" that has taken over? And I always thought the "soul molecule" would somehow come into play with Pete's return.

OK, forgive me, but I just watched Dollhouse and it got me thinking again. So, are we satisfied that Pete is now really back and all? I seem to remember Dan saying that the "Ghost Pete" was only a memory fragment, NOT real Pete. But isn't it "Ghost Pete" that has taken over? And I always thought the "soul molecule" would somehow come into play with Pete's return.
I don't think it is real Pete either.
Yet somehow, he has memories of both Ghost Pete and Real Pete.

I am willing to bet if Marvel didn't rush the ending of Parktavious, then it would be more fleshed out than what we got.

Maybe it hasn't been "fleshed out" yet for a reason...

RE the end of this week's issue: Hah, wow, that didn't take long

edit: So...thoughts on the events in this issue?

Last edited:
Maybe it hasn't been "fleshed out" yet for a reason...

yeah, so that was why I asked the question? Is there more to this or for all intents and purposes this storyline is done: Doc Ock is gone (but could and probably will be back again) and Pete is Pete again, end of story.

Aloha,
KaineMorrison and Thunderstrike have all the answers.:yay:Check out your Untold Tales of Spider-Man to see Bluebird.
Spidey rules

Last edited:
I love Untold Tales, but those didn't shoehorn in tech that was never there to begin with.

And this story doesn't mesh as well as the Untold Tales series did.

Sooooo…. Watcher's eye lets Peter see latest plot-device Silk being kept in some spider-jail, but not his mystically erased marriage and baby girl. Ah, got it.

And then….. he makes out with her. Because they just had such strong chemistry during the 10 pages they met.

God, this book is terrible these days. :(

While I admit that the whole marriage thing not being revealed to him is stupid, the thing with Silk is something that he just feels. I dont think he is in love with her.

Sooooo…. Watcher's eye lets Peter see latest plot-device Silk being kept in some spider-jail, but not his mystically erased marriage and baby girl. Ah, got it.

And then….. he makes out with her. Because they just had such strong chemistry during the 10 pages they met.

God, this book is terrible these days. :(
Peter says that Silk is just ne of the things that was revealed to him. And seeing as she was trapped all these years, he went to rescue her over dealing with his personal issues. That IS how Peter should be written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"