Comics Amazing Spider-Man #618 preview

I absolutely love Marcos Martin's art.

I'm really looking forward to this, I've been missing mysterio

Stephen Wacker just posted this page from #618 on Twitter, possible spoilers..

58460029.jpg

The Big Man is back??:eek: Could it be him? Or an illusion? They have been hinting that Mysterio has been in the business of faking peoples deaths. They've already showed Norman do this for Harry.
58460029.jpg

Edit: It's a page from #619, the solicit also says "a long-thought dead character returns."

Last edited:
Just read this issue and here are my thoughts which are essentially spoilers.

Wow, that was such an awesome issue! Gang War 2010! Quentin Beck revives Silvermane and the Maggia pinning them against Mr. Negative with Hammerhead caught in the middle! That totally rocks! Not only that Spidey's supporting cast receives spot lights: Aunt May stumbles into Negative's HQ and becomes Nega-May who later tells Pete off! Carlie Cooper's father is resurrected which must have something to do with Beck too. And we even get a little Parker introspection about feeling guilty when he flirts with Carlie due to his Black Cat rendezvous! I'm impressed!

Martin's artwork is solid, but prehaps due to the lack of action doesn't impress as much as he did in the past. Not that I'm complaining, I still love the man's work.

Solid A, folks! Dan's script is even better then the one in 600!
-------------------------------------
Combustible Pumpkins

Maybe it's the art, maybe the writing, but, for better or worse, I got a strong Lee/Ditko vibe. I noticed particularly when Carlie asks why she is such a doormat after Pete runs off. We then see her walk away, with a sinister hand with a ring, hiding up against a wall in the foreground.

Markos art has grown on me. It does have that sort of Ditko vibe. And I always appreciate gang wars in Spidey! I just wish Dan Slott didn't come on these boards and be so defensive about his stories. This one was pretty good.

And regarding that posted this page from #618:

Is that the Big Man or is that the Crime Master?

And regarding that posted this page from #618:

Is that the Big Man or is that the Crime Master?
It's indeed the Big Man. He first appeared in #10 and that was the only time Fredrick Foswell appeared as him. He reformed and soon started to go back to his old ways. Foswell bit the dust taking a bullet for JJJ in #52.

Wow, The Big Man's back! That's awesome! Can't wait to pick up the issue. :up:

Pretty good issue. I felt sorry for Peter when Aunt May yelled at him.

It's indeed the Big Man. He first appeared in #10 and that was the only time Fredrick Foswell appeared as him. He reformed and soon started to go back to his old ways. Foswell bit the dust taking a bullet for JJJ in #52.

Yeah, you're right, Spidey_62. Crime Master had a different mask. I got confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"