• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Amazing Spider-Man 601 Preview [SPOILERS]

I haven't read anyone's posts yet, so this is a general statement and not directed at any one person.

If you read this but did not pay for it [unless you burrowed a friends/siblings] please stop talking about morals.

Last edited:
I left these boards out of frustration, and I don't plan on sticking around for more than a few minutes but I'd like to say something.

Has anyone here read Web of Spider-man # 38?

He was drunk in that story as well.

Between him nearly compromising his secret identity and getting himself killed by the hobgoblin (as well as endangering the lives of others), he made a decision to never drink again. This has also been referenced many times after wards by other writers.

See the problem is, alot of posters feel that having Peter do stupid irresponsible things like getting drunk while he has super human powers humanizes him...

What if Michelle had an STD? What if Peter bounced around like Spidey during the wedding?? What if Michelle got pregnant? So many things can happen while a person is drunk. Irresponsible things....so trying to make it all "ok" when this book is marketed A for children 9 on up also is plain unacceptable. Granted this isn't the first time something inappropriate has happened. But this is the main character here for crying out loud! What message are they trying to send to the readers?

This is a character that is a walking loading gun. Imagine if you had a gun strapped to your waist at all times. Would any of you be so careless to get drunk?

That is all........because I guarantee you most of you will not even take my post seriously.

EDIT: I didn't care to read the main issue for 601 (nor do i care to read anything that comes out of the current creative team)
but a friend got me to read the back up story and Bendis got it right.
Spider-man is supposed to be a character that lives by and passes on "With great power comes great responsibility."

His problems are reflected by the fact that he is spider-man and NOT his stupid choices. He should be faced with situations that humanizes him (like wanting to rob a bank for personal reasons) but at the end of the day he should always do whats right.

Good points, styleshift. I mentioned in another thread Pete does not drink, and it was made a point in past issues.

And it is not a good message to send to kids, having a ROLE MODEL get drunk to the point he doesn't remember and hookup with someone he barely knows!

The funny thing is in the New Avengers, he is now the only voice of a real hero, who does not compromise his beliefs.

I haven't read anyone's posts yet, so this is a general statement and not directed at any one person.

If you read this but did not pay for it [unless you burrowed a friends/siblings] please stop talking about morals.

Hey Jack. I'm back. :cwink:

I'm guessing you've never heard of a public library before.
Or a reception area. I'm pretty sure if reading these things before you buy them was wrong, they'd have them behind glass like they do for newspapers, or they'd have them bagged up like they do magazines.

Just a thought. Hugs and kisses.

Styles.

EDIT:

Good points, styleshift. I mentioned in another thread Pete does not drink, and it was made a point in past issues.

And it is not a good message to send to kids, having a ROLE MODEL get drunk to the point he doesn't remember and hookup with someone he barely knows!

The funny thing is in the New Avengers, he is now the only voice of a real hero, who does not compromise his beliefs.

Thank you sir!

STYLESHIFT

*sigh* You miss my point Venom1988 :csad:

I know this is not going to become the "adventures of drunk Spider-man"
I know that. I swear.

This book is rated A.
It's marketed 9 and up.

Basically everyone that is all for this is saying:

It's ok as long as their were no repercussions.

Do we really want younger readers with that same kind of mindset?
When I was a kid I looked up to Peter. That's what made me a hard core fan.

Can you respect that at least? You know, without blowing off my strong feelings about this and many other stories like Paparazzi Peter Parker?
I didn't quit on the book just because of this story ya know. I haven't been entertained by more than 10 stories since this whole thing kicked off. I was EXCITED for next years stories until I saw this preview.

Now I see where they want Spider-man, and as long as they are writing him...this title no longer interests me.
EDIT: Also seeing a post where Wacker insults George Berryman didn't help either.

Yeh, I am kinda surprised myself, at the number of people who don't care about Pete getting drunk and sleeping around. Or that he has only gotten plastered once and only slept with one person. I mean, yeh, he is not doing it every issue, no one is saying he is. But if he did it multiple times, will anyone care then? Not by the sounds of it. People are like all gung ho, some of them, like this is what "people" do. Well, "people" may do this crap, but Pete doesn't.

And what is this about Whacker insulting Berryman? That stinks!!! :csad:

I am not happy that Slott, who i like, is saying everyone who isn't happy is just HATING Spider-man no matter what because it is OMD. It isn't about "HATE" at all, and it stinks people are not understanding wellw ritten feelings and opinions at all. Anything and everythng is just thrown into this convenient little "hate box" with logic and reason disregarded at times, it seems.

Hey Jack. I'm back. :cwink:

I'm guessing you've never heard of a public library before.
Or a reception area. I'm pretty sure if reading these things before you buy them was wrong, they'd have them behind glass like they do for newspapers, or they'd have them bagged up like they do magazines.

Just a thought. Hugs and kisses.

Styles.

EDIT:

Thank you sir!

No they want you to read them and not buy them, it's not like they're in a money making enterprise

Yeh, I am kinda surprised myself, at the number of people who don't care about Pete getting drunk and sleeping around. Or that he has only gotten plastered once and only slept with one person. I mean, yeh, he is not doing it every issue, no one is saying he is. But if he did it multiple times, will anyone care then? Not by the sounds of it. People are like all gung ho, some of them, like this is what "people" do. Well, "people" may do this crap, but Pete doesn't.

Sigh.

It's a different world, farmernudie. A different world. Not happy about it, since I have children.

No they want you to read them and not buy them, it's not like they're in a money making enterprise

LOL evidently not with how controversial the story telling has been these days. :whatever:

Telling fans to move on and making fun of them isn't helping either.

Peter + Michelle = The New Baby May

Welcome to Spidey's world of Crack. :grin:

Well said. VERY well said. :up:

We don't remember stories like peter having a one night stand with betty brant. (Which I like how some posters use that to justify this situation while they had history, unlike Michelle. You can also point out that she had been separated. Even if you want to say he's made mistakes like this before, ok show of hands: who wants him to make another mephisto deal? He's done that before. That makes it ok right??)

SHHH...that's Pete's NEXT hookup. :woot:

And what is this about Whacker insulting Berryman? That stinks!!! :csad:

I am not happy that Slott, who i like, is saying everyone who isn't happy is just HATING Spider-man no matter what because it is OMD. It isn't about "HATE" at all, and it stinks people are not understanding wellw ritten feelings and opinions at all. Anything and everythng is just thrown into this convenient little "hate box" with logic and reason disregarded at times, it seems.

Yup

Steve Wacker wrote: Berryman, like many of my relatives, you are very sensitive for a supposed salt-of-the-earth tough guy. "Boo hoo, the weditor-in-::snf::-chief' said 'move on' ::sob:: He's mean to me!!" I'm not even sure how you get through the day amidst your tear puddles.r
George Berryman wrote:
Just lost the respect I had for you and regret the many positive things I've actually said about you here. Again, clearly you're fine with the criticism

I lost some respect for him too. Before that I wrote a post about how he was a stand up guy, and wish he was given the title during less controversial times. (Which he ignored but its cool, I know the man's busy.) I edited my post though, because Berryman is a REALLY nice guy. He has always been straight forward.

But yeah George made some good points about how defensive Wacker can get even though he says he's perfectly fine with the vast amount of criticism the book gets.

Yeah.

I just think it's hypercritical to complain about the morals shown in a book you stole.

Ok. Clear this up. Who stole a book? :huh:
What point exactly are you trying to make? :huh:

Because this thread says AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 601 PREVIEW

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

you really made me laugh today. Jack.

Thank you.

*sigh* You miss my point Venom1988 :csad:

I know this is not going to become the "adventures of drunk Spider-man"
I know that. I swear.

This book is rated A.
It's marketed 9 and up.

Basically everyone that is all for this is saying:

It's ok as long as their were no repercussions.

Do we really want younger readers with that same kind of mindset?
When I was a kid I looked up to Peter. That's what made me a hard core fan.

Can you respect that at least? You know, without blowing off my strong feelings about this and many other stories like Paparazzi Peter Parker?
I didn't quit on the book just because of this story ya know. I haven't been entertained by more than 10 stories since this whole thing kicked off. I was EXCITED for next years stories until I saw this preview.

Now I see where they want Spider-man, and as long as they are writing him...this title no longer interests me.
EDIT: Also seeing a post where Wacker insults George Berryman didn't help either.
First I want to apologize if it seemed like I was blowing you off. I respect you're feelings and you're opinions on the book and sorry if it seemed like I was responding to you solely, I was just making a generalized response to the last two pages. And I understand what you're saying. No its not okay that Peter did that, it's not who he is. When I first read the preview, I was shocked, but I kept an open mind to it though. But he's an adult, it's not like I expect Aunt May to come over and hag her finger at him about doing that. While I don't like that he did that, from a retrospective standpoint, I also do not the problem in it. Its not something he does on a regular basis, it was a celebration and he drank a bit much to to forget his worries. I can't bash him for that, when it's something that could happen to anyone including me.

Excuse me farmienudie, but I just got saying its not like he's gonna start banging women left and right. So no, I would care if that started. What I don't like is that some of you people are acting like, because we accept that he did this that it means we don't have morals and we're bad people.

First I want to apologize if it seemed like I was blowing you off. I respect you're feelings and you're opinions on the book and sorry if it seemed like I was responding to you solely, I was just making a generalized response to the last two pages. And I understand what you're saying. No its not okay that Peter did that, it's not who he is. When I first read the preview, I was shocked, but I kept an open mind to it though. But he's an adult, it's not like I expect Aunt May to come over and hag her finger at him about doing that. While I don't like that he did that, from a retrospective standpoint, I also do not the problem in it. Its not something he does on a regular basis, it was a celebration and he drank a bit much to to forget his worries. I can't bash him for that, when it's something that could happen to anyone including me.

I really respect your posts as well Venom1988. I was kinda shocked by what you said, and I'm sorry if I took it the wrong way.

LOL We still disagree on this a bit. But thank you for respecting my posts instead of trying too hard to make me look like a moral hypocrite when you didn't even realize you posted in the preview thread.

LOL I guess its safe to say Jack O Lantern doesn't steal literature. He doesn't read anything! :oldrazz:

Ok. Clear this up. Who stole a book? :huh:
What point exactly are you trying to make? :huh:

Because this thread says AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 601 PREVIEW

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

you really made me laugh today. Jack.

Thank you.

I'm talking about anyone who read the full book without paying for it

I'm talking about anyone who read the full book without paying for it

Yeah. That's my point. This said ASM preview.

No one is discussing the full book. There fore no stealing has taken place.

It's just odd that you came with that out of left field.

Hope you weren't offended. It was really funny.

Yeah. That's my point. This said ASM preview.

No one is discussing the full book. There fore no stealing has taken place.

It's just odd that you came with that out of left field.

Hope you weren't offended. It was really funny.

Yes they are, in fact you've talked about the Bendis story, which is not in the preview

I'm pretty sure, a couple of people including lordofnerds, have discussed the whole book

Yes they are, in fact you've talked about the Bendis story, which is not in the preview

I thought you didn't read any posts before........and that you were just making a general statement? :huh:

Are you done contradicting yourself today?

Anyhoo, I sent you a PM. Hope we can be friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"