• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

American Horror Story on FX - - Part 3

I thought episode 6 started out really well with the black and white 1950's portion, but then it just turned into the same shallow, try hard trash that this show always turns into once it gets to the present timelines.

As of right now I could care less if any of these new characters die because not a single one of them is likeable and the cringy dialogue doesn't make it any better either.

A 2-part season with two mediocre parts done.

Still not sure why some humans were killed while others were used to breed countless failures. And if they didnt need them alive, why not just chop off all their heads and place a tin bowl on top to keep the bodies repopulating.

I think Ryan Murphy needs to take a good look at what Mike Flanagan has brought to Netflix and either step the game up for future seasons of AHS or throw in the towel. It's not like this is his only show anyway.

I think Ryan Murphy needs to take a good look at what Mike Flanagan has brought to Netflix and either step the game up for future seasons of AHS or throw in the towel. It's not like this is his only show anyway.
This was probably the worst season. Such a shame as I really enjoyed the last one a lot. :(

Ryan isnt really into delivering gourmet television majority of the time. He's more of a fastfood guy. But as long as his shows continue to win all these awards (that they dont really deserve) nothing will change.

To me AHS only works the way the AHStories did. Short stories with no explanation and no conclusions in the end.
AHS always started promising, but when the tried to explain that a monster actually is a kid, that died in costume in the basement, they suck.
I stopped after Coven - the trailers looked so promising with the satanic cult, but in the end it wasn’t much about Satan or demons. It was more like Harry Potter for adults.

I enjoyed Stories so far (watched Feral last night)

Ryan isnt really into delivering gourmet television majority of the time. He's more of a fastfood guy. But as long as his shows continue to win all these awards (that they dont really deserve) nothing will change.
His other shows like Pose and American Crime Story still get occasional award season love but AHS hasn't won a major award since Kathy Bates's Emmy all the way back in season 4. It mostly gets nominated for technical awards now. You can tell that there isn't much creative juice left in it.

I'd almost say the same thing for American Crime Story since this new season started off slow but it's starting to pick up midway through.

If there’s ever been a show that shows how much a writer has clicked out, this would definitely be it. I guess FX just likes having it for the Fall season and doesn’t care much.

If there’s ever been a show that shows how much a writer has clicked out, this would definitely be it. I guess FX just likes having it for the Fall season and doesn’t care much.
They may lose interest soon too because ratings for this season were the lowest they've ever been for the show. Unless they're looking at streaming numbers on Hulu and that's making a difference. I didn't even watch the show at the height of its popularity in the earlier seasons but even as a non-viewer back then I recognized how popular it was. Now it's just going on for the sake of it much like The Walking Dead but at least that one is almost finished.

The alien story line should have been the whole season instead of crackhead vampires, much more entertaining and interesting. Still, in true AHS fashion, they never fail to disappoint and botch the landing.

I can't wait for AHS: Miami and AHS: LA. :o

My expectations are low after how terrible the second half of the last season turned out to be but I'll at least tune in for Billie Lourd and Zachary Quinto.

My expectations are low after how terrible the second half of the last season turned out to be but I'll at least tune in for Billie Lourd and Zachary Quinto.
That's why I like anthology shows. One lackluster season isn't enough for me to quit watching.

Hope this season is better than the last one. :)

Decided to go ahead and watch Double Feature. Watched the first two episodes last night and damn, it’s really good! It feels like a Stephen King story. Really dig it so far. There’s a couple older seasons I’ve never given a solid rewatch since they aired. Thinking of going back and watching Hotel and Roanoke again. I didn’t like Hotel much at all so I’m curious what I’d think now. I do however remember loving Roanoke.

Decided to go ahead and watch Double Feature. Watched the first two episodes last night and damn, it’s really good! It feels like a Stephen King story. Really dig it so far. There’s a couple older seasons I’ve never given a solid rewatch since they aired. Thinking of going back and watching Hotel and Roanoke again. I didn’t like Hotel much at all so I’m curious what I’d think now. I do however remember loving Roanoke.
Hotel and Roanoke were two of my favorites. :) I watch a lot of ghost hunting shows and Roanoke really captured the format of those shows. I also loved 1984 because it was like every slasher film I ever watched. :p

Hotel and Roanoke were two of my favorites. :) I watch a lot of ghost hunting shows and Roanoke really captured the format of those shows. I also loved 1984 because it was like every slasher film I ever watched. :p

I watched 1984 last year and I didn’t like it much at the time but, I watched it with an ex and that may have tainted it just a bit lol. Roanoke was just freakin creepy and then the whole meta twist in the middle of the season, I just thought was so awesome.

I thought Roanoke was okay but it has my all-time favorite line from the show.

4d06f3ec652d57d002bb1abdc7365600eeaa8234_00.gif

I am so upset this second half of Double Feature didn’t get a full season Omg this stuff is GREAT. This would’ve been by far my favorite season of this show if it had been a full season. It’s so hilariously schlocky.

I am so upset this second half of Double Feature didn’t get a full season Omg this stuff is GREAT. This would’ve been by far my favorite season of this show if it had been a full season. It’s so hilariously schlocky.
I think Ryan must have felt he didn't have enough story to fill a whole season. :)

I think Ryan must have felt he didn't have enough story to fill a whole season. :)

Really? I kept feeling like this was a story he’d been wanting to tell since Asylum. I know it’s been one I’ve wanted to see since then. Also, I just figured the pandemic really effected the season as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"