Aquaman Box Office Thread

I think AM is gonna be hard to top from now on, cant believe the numbers it has made

When Aquaman crosses BvS' domestic total, it will become second most successful DCEU movie.

Wonder Woman, $412.56
Batman v Superman, $330.36
Suicide Squad, $325.10
Man of Steel, $291.04
Justice League, $229.02

In the real world, that list should be reversed

=P

I think AM is gonna be hard to top from now on, cant believe the numbers it has made
Aquaman has done very well, but there will be other billion dollar hits even in the DCEU and down the road, a couple of 2 billion dollar hits.
However, I wouldn't dare to predict which films from which franchises(if any) would make 2 billion.
It will happen rarely, but, it is still possible.

Corpse’s forecast for the weekend in Japan, Aquaman stays No. 1:

01 (01) ¥207,000,000 ($1.9 million), -34%, ¥955,000,000 ($8.7 million), Aquaman (Warner Bros.) WK2

Aquaman has done very well, but there will be other billion dollar hits even in the DCEU and down the road, a couple of 2 billion dollar hits.
However, I wouldn't dare to predict which films from which franchises(if any) would make 2 billion.
It will happen rarely, but, it is still possible.

WW has a chance at a billion. Aquaman 2 and 3 can easily stay in the above billion dollar box office. As you said you just never know and I’m not that great at predictions either. Only 4 movies has hit the 2 Billion dollar mark, each with different circumstances that surrounded it.

WW has a chance at a billion. Aquaman 2 and 3 can easily stay in the above billion dollar box office. As you said you just never know and I’m not that great at predictions either. Only 4 movies has hit the 2 Billion dollar mark, each with different circumstances that surrounded it.
I think a well made JL built on the back of well received solo films for most of the team could do Avengers 1 numbers. $2B would take an entire DCEU film and could probably only be done after a film with similar build up to IW.

New worldwide total

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $331,371,102 29.3%
+ Foreign: $799,400,000 70.7%
= Worldwide: $1,130,771,102
So, Aquaman now becomes the second highest box officer earner (domestic) for DCEU !
And, Overseas collection is also close to $800 mil.

giphy.gif

OS weekend increased 0.7m from estimates.

The actual OS weekend figure is to 5.3m & the weekend drop is just 38.4%.

Let's see if Aquaman's OS cume can go past the likes of Skyfall, POTC4 & IM3. It's gonna be tough but I wouldn't doubt the legs

ydHm584V_o.jpg

Skyfall - 804.2m
POTC4 - 804.6M
Iron Man - 805.8m

Aquaman is 6.4m away from IM3. 1.9x from this OS weekend will be easy. Alita has already opened in all major markets this weekend and HTTYD3 has had a scattered OS roll-out with an early release in big offshore countries. In any case, Aquaman is gonna make most of it's money from Japan where it'll have a decent run to 11m+.

S. Korea has been the biggest overseas market for Aquaman after China. Also, it's great that soon Aquaman will go past POTC4 (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) for unadjusted overseas total. That movie was the worst of POTC movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"