Justice League As beautiful as Dangerous... Amber Heard is Mera, Queen of Atlantis!

It looks like Mera is telling the guards to stand down. Acumen probably tries to steal the mother box or trident and she recognizes who he is.

17437631_240829723051472_7532609099372953600_n.jpg

Still don't see why she cannot be on the actual team? It'd be awesome. Well hopefully they at least give her something of note to do in this film.

Still don't see why she cannot be on the actual team? It'd be awesome. Well hopefully they at least give her something of note to do in this film.

I've always liked the idea of her joining the team in the comics. That said for a film... They've already changed the long time status quo by seeming to excise J'onn and GL. I would rather limt the amount of change to that right now. I also think the team has a few long standing "couples" I would like to see on film, and yes that's mostly because of my roots as a comic reader. The Hawks, Elongated Man and Sue, Green Arrow and Black Canary.

I don't really care about the history of the comics in this case. This isn't the comics, it's it's own thing, Superman wasn't already DEAD when the JL was first founded in the comics, nor had he already fought Doomsday either. Batman wasn't a 40-something psychotic murderer. Cyborg wasn't a founding member, etc.

She's in the movie already, they chose to put her there. The whole "there can only be ONE woman on the team at the beginning" is an annoying cliché that needs to STOP already, and she's a cool character. So again, why not put her on the team, what's the harm?

And yes, the fact that she's never been a member of the JL even in the comics, given some of the other characters that they've managed to cram onto the team over the years, yet is also ridiculous.

I don't really care about the history of the comics in this case. This isn't the comics, it's it's own thing, Superman wasn't already DEAD when the JL was first founded in the comics, nor had he already fought Doomsday either. Batman wasn't a 40-something psychotic murderer. Cyborg wasn't a founding member, etc.

She's in the movie already, they chose to put her there. The whole "there can only be ONE woman on the team at the beginning" is an annoying cliché that needs to STOP already, and she's a cool character. So again, why not put her on the team, what's the harm?

And yes, the fact that she's never been a member of the JL even in the comics, given some of the other characters that they've managed to cram onto the team over the years, yet is also ridiculous.

No one said you couldn't feel that the comics aren't important. I was speaking for myself.

Eh... Like I said, with all that you listed as already being changed I'm fine with them keeping her as a supporting character in Aquaman's story. Though given the importance of Atlantis in the "history lesson" I won't be surprised if she and the kingdom as a whole don't play a bigger part in the finale.

Cyborg has been a founding member since the new 52. There have been early JL runs where neither Superman nor Batman were founding members, while Barry Allen was the leader. Batman has been in his mid twenties in the comics, and still have 4 robins. My point being, you can take creative liberties.

I dont mind Mera being a member of the team, but I dont think she as a character would want to be in a JL. Lead the atlantian army to a battle against parademons? Sure!

I don't think she'd want to be in the league either.

Two reasons why I am against it:

First, Mera doesn't bring anything interesting to the team, as she comes from the same background as Arthur, while characters like Vixen or Hawkgirl would certainly be much more unique and interesting in this regard.

Second, if they are to keep her personality from the comics (which I hope they will), she isn't someone who would care about being in JL. Besides, I'd rather have her be an important figure in Atlantis, solely tied to Aquaman mythos, than force her into the League just because.

just a hunch, but i think your preference (and mine) is what theyre going with, 'wolf

Doesn't she wear green and make constructs? A clear oversimplification, I know. But given they clearly intend on introducing GL, I'd imagine they don't want her on the team because it makes GL a lot less unique.

It would be cool if she was in the league but I guess they are worried she might steal Arthur's thunder. What a shame. Maybe in a sequel they could add more women (vixen maybe?)

Two reasons why I am against it:

First, Mera doesn't bring anything interesting to the team, as she comes from the same background as Arthur, while characters like Vixen or Hawkgirl would certainly be much more unique and interesting in this regard.

Second, if they are to keep her personality from the comics (which I hope they will), she isn't someone who would care about being in JL. Besides, I'd rather have her be an important figure in Atlantis, solely tied to Aquaman mythos, than force her into the League just because.

Completely agree with this!

The question is... For AM solo or from training for JL?

That's actually a very good question.

That's actually a very good question.

I would lean towards JL if only cuz I am betting there would be more CGI/wire work type stuff in AM, which hopefully takes place in an under water environment. I can see Mera in JL if she has any action scenes being on land. That said it is a recent insta so she would be prepping for AM.

I would lean towards JL if only cuz I am betting there would be more CGI/wire work type stuff in AM, which hopefully takes place in an under water environment. I can see Mera in JL if she has any action scenes being on land. That said it is a recent insta so she would be prepping for AM.

Good thinking about wire work. Besides, I think there were either some pictures or gifs from her JL training quite a while ago, where she wore the exact same clothes... I'll try to look it up.

Good thinking about wire work. Besides, I think there were either some pictures or gifs from her JL training quite a while ago, where she wore the exact same clothes... I'll try to look it up.

Yo bald ass is talking about this one, but this was 5 weeks ago, different shirt.

VEAEmir.gif

Hmm... it appears my bald ass was wrong.

Eh, I think you are underestimating how much land scenes we will see in AM. Romancing the stone type isssh.

By the way, I just noticed all these sombreros in the background:

17437631_240829723051472_7532609099372953600_n.jpg

Random as hell.

The real question should be: "does she shave her armpits?"
This could be a massive cultural clash between Themiscyra and Atlantis, and lead to juicy conflict when they have to join forces in JL2.

Going by her photos during training, they may have to cgi her pitrugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"