Assassin's Creed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main Article, Variety

I'm a more recent fan of Assassin's Creed, but nonetheless I've become fascinated with the game's story (specifically Altaïr's) and am very excited to see how this would unfold on film. For those who know the plot of the original Assassin's Creed, I do think Ubisoft should focus the film primarily as a period action thriller from Altaïr's point of view, revealing Desmond, Lucy, Abstergo, Dr. Vidic at the very end, ending the film essentially the same way the game ended, with Desmond discovering his use of Altaïr's eagle vision.

Anyway, discuss!!

Yeah that would be nice and X-Men also stars Michael Fassbender!

I was just reading that the budget for this is "near 200 million".

Anyone else think that's a bonehead movie for a franchise starter?

I need a scene where Fassy is laying in his bed naked underneath a sheet and the sheet is very thin so you can see the base of his ''mayne'' through it. Then some assassins come in through the windows and he throws the sheet off and stands up on the bed, letting the sheet fall off of him in slow-motion. We see it slide down his sweaty body, we see his chest and abs, we wonder, and we wonder "will they show it?" and they do. The sheet falls to his ankles, the camera pans up, and we get a real hard look at his ''mayne'' He stands there, looking angry, surrounded by men with swords, and the camera zooms out so we can see his entire figure. Then he begins to fight the men, naked. Without clothes he can move so much more freely. We get to see him spin around and we catch his tight butt for a quick second or two as he throws a roundhouse kick into one assassin's jaw. His punches are precise and smooth, and they always land. He can take down his enemies with one hit. Soon, they are all down, and he is the only one standing. The sun shines on his ass through the open window and he walks to it to admire the view of the city. The camera moves behind him and we get to see his perfectly toned back muscles and his gorgeous ass.

Yeah, I got no response to that.

CoughViggoMortenseninEasternPromisescough.

Someones taking the A** in Assassins Creed a little too literally.

The parkour god (the fella in your avvy) has returned. We'll live if this sucks. :p ;)

Apparently yesterday a closed doors event about the upcoming Fox movies was held in London and the attendants could watch some footage of the ‪#‎AssassinsCreedMovie‬!

Omelete (omelete.com.br) has posted on its Twitter account a description of what their journalists were actually able to see! Here's our translation!

- The footage was extremely faithful to the game visually, both in the sci-fi part and in the historical part
- The footage contained a Leap of Faith, some parkour in the Spanish Inquisition and the action scenes were very close to the game ones
- The film will also show what happens to the body of the Fassbender's character in the Animus
- The film will also incorporate elements and symbols from the game
- The film will begin during the childhood of Fassbender's character in the present day and then follows him up until he gets to the death row, where he is about to be executed
- He is awakened by Marion Cotillard's character in Abstergo, where he discovers a futuristic installation populated by others like him
- The footage mixed scenes from the past and present day in the action scenes. Callum will physically live everything that his ancestor lived

Omelete was also able to interview Justin Kurzel, director for the movie, and here is our translation of what Omelete reported!

- Kurzel said he did not know the game before receiving the proposal to direct the movie by Fassbender
- Kurzel said that the idea is to show a contemporary plot where history teaches the present day
- Elements such as the Leap of Faith will not be fan service, they will be part of the evolution of the character
- Working on the action scenes for real (and not in CGI - Note by ATA) helped show the film as a film, and not just as an adaptation
- Violence is a strong element of the movie, but there will not be any graphic violence. The film will be PG-13 in the US
- Kurzel does not fear the competition with Rogue One, considering the release date in December
- The sets in the movie were designed keeping in mind the three-dimensionality of the game
- Sets like Malta were chosen because of the natural obstacles for the parkour
- The idea is to make the jumps and the other action scenes very realistic
- Kurzel said he is not interested in other games movies. Only the concept of Assassin's Creed caught his attention

https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/posts/796107720490139

some folks on Social Media already got a Problem with the PG 13 rating god damn it i hate it

Most anticipated trailer of the year for me, very interested to see how this turns out.

some folks on Social Media already got a Problem with the PG 13 rating god damn it i hate it

Plenty of great films with that rating, no reason this cant be as well if its done right.

Apparently yesterday a closed doors event about the upcoming Fox movies was held in London and the attendants could watch some footage of the ‪#‎AssassinsCreedMovie‬!

Omelete (omelete.com.br) has posted on its Twitter account a description of what their journalists were actually able to see! Here's our translation!

- The footage was extremely faithful to the game visually, both in the sci-fi part and in the historical part
- The footage contained a Leap of Faith, some parkour in the Spanish Inquisition and the action scenes were very close to the game ones
- The film will also show what happens to the body of the Fassbender's character in the Animus
- The film will also incorporate elements and symbols from the game
- The film will begin during the childhood of Fassbender's character in the present day and then follows him up until he gets to the death row, where he is about to be executed
- He is awakened by Marion Cotillard's character in Abstergo, where he discovers a futuristic installation populated by others like him
- The footage mixed scenes from the past and present day in the action scenes. Callum will physically live everything that his ancestor lived

Omelete was also able to interview Justin Kurzel, director for the movie, and here is our translation of what Omelete reported!

- Kurzel said he did not know the game before receiving the proposal to direct the movie by Fassbender
- Kurzel said that the idea is to show a contemporary plot where history teaches the present day
- Elements such as the Leap of Faith will not be fan service, they will be part of the evolution of the character
- Working on the action scenes for real (and not in CGI - Note by ATA) helped show the film as a film, and not just as an adaptation
- Violence is a strong element of the movie, but there will not be any graphic violence. The film will be PG-13 in the US
- Kurzel does not fear the competition with Rogue One, considering the release date in December
- The sets in the movie were designed keeping in mind the three-dimensionality of the game
- Sets like Malta were chosen because of the natural obstacles for the parkour
- The idea is to make the jumps and the other action scenes very realistic
- Kurzel said he is not interested in other games movies. Only the concept of Assassin's Creed caught his attention

https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus/posts/796107720490139

U3FlbXx.gif

I have a feeling we will be getting a poster followed by the trailer within days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"