Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

I guess this is the Creed Cinematic Universe they were talking about

red-dead-redemption-rdr2.gif

Go up to six like the original series. :o

This is the problem with franchises. You keep going until they become terrible.

Creed 3 was basically the perfect end point for Adonis' story. It's the best place to leave off.

MGM was developing the script called Drago about my character and my son. I think what happened was the studio changed leadership, and then Creed III did very well, so they started preparing for Creed IV. This is last year, and then now there is a problem with a co-star in Creed IV. That storyline they had on the Drago script was interesting, it was kind of a coming to America, kind of immigration angle, with me and the son, and it was pretty cool.

It just so happened that, in Creed II, we're in the Ukraine, in the beginning, we're in Kyiv. That's where the movie opens, even though it's not really mentioned too much. But in the version of the script that I read, it starts with a Russian invasion, and in that, we go through some hard, difficult experiences that makes us want to come to America. It was kind of interesting.

Curious which co-star he’s talking about holding up Creed IV. Tessa Thompson? Or was Jonathan Majors originally supposed to return.

Last edited:
I really don't see what else they can do with the franchise now. Do we really need six Creed movies? And more spinoffs?

IMHO bringing back Drago didn't really add anything to the story.

I really don't see what else they can do with the franchise now. Do we really need six Creed movies? And more spinoffs?

IMHO bringing back Drago didn't really add anything to the story.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I thought Drago back for Creed II was a brilliant touch. The film was obviously exploring father/son relationships (Rocky and Robert, Adonis and the burden of his father's name) so having Adonis face the son of the man who killed his father made it much more personal - and also allowed them to explore the relationship between the Dragos themselves. and how Ivan was trying to reclaim past glories through Viktor. I found there were lots of really strong parallels. It was just cool to see Ivan onscreen again and in the same room as Rocky - he was (arguably) the toughest fighter Rocky ever faced and the one who did him the most damage, both physically and emotionally.

Is there enough mileage there for another Drago story, or a standalone movie? Probably not, but I felt they did it just the right amount of service in Creed II.

I agree though, it's hard to know where the franchise could go now. They've gone through all the personal development and determination storylines with both the Rocky and Creed films, and how both fighters faced uphill battles to gain the respect they wanted, and at various ages - the self-doubt, the losses, coming back from a loss to win, coming back at an older age, etc. There's not a lot more direction to go with either Rocky or Adonis Creed that hasn't already been covered - unless there's a time jump, and they shifted the focus to something like Creed's daughter trying to make it as a female fighter in a predominantly male sport? I don't know.

Not sure if anyone saw this, and there isn't a press release or anything, but Rocky V and Rockay Balboa are getting 4k releases. Not sure on date, but the biggest news is that Rocky Balboa is going to include a Director's Cut. No runtime listed on the Director's Cut as of yet, though. I thought I heard at one point it was 2.5 hrs. So curious to see how long it ends up being

Links to Amazon pages

Rocky Balboa (Theatrical & Director's Cut) (4K Ultra HD Steelbook + Blu-Ray + Digital) [4K UHD] https://a.co/d/4Gwh1Qj

Rocky 5 (4K Ultra HD Steelbook + Blu-ray + Digital) [4K UHD] https://a.co/d/1aFkwp8

As of yet, nothing new is noted for the Rocky V release. I thought maybe the Workprint version was being remastered, but I guess not. Baffling why this wasn't in the previous 1-4 set the did when the Rocky IV Director's Cut came out then. I know Stallone didn't direct Rocky V, but of all the movies, that's the one in dire need of a new cut. I have seen the Workprint version online before and it's still not perfect but way better, but also obviously not amazing quality leak there.

I am changing the thread title also lol

Not sure if anyone saw this, and there isn't a press release or anything, but Rocky V and Rockay Balboa are getting 4k releases. Not sure on date, but the biggest news is that Rocky Balboa is going to include a Director's Cut. No runtime listed on the Director's Cut as of yet, though. I thought I heard at one point it was 2.5 hrs. So curious to see how long it ends up being

Links to Amazon pages

Rocky Balboa (Theatrical & Director's Cut) (4K Ultra HD Steelbook + Blu-Ray + Digital) [4K UHD] Amazon.com

Rocky 5 (4K Ultra HD Steelbook + Blu-ray + Digital) [4K UHD] Amazon.com

As of yet, nothing new is noted for the Rocky V release. I thought maybe the Workprint version was being remastered, but I guess not. Baffling why this wasn't in the previous 1-4 set the did when the Rocky IV Director's Cut came out then. I know Stallone didn't direct Rocky V, but of all the movies, that's the one in dire need of a new cut. I have seen the Workprint version online before and it's still not perfect but way better, but also obviously not amazing quality leak there.

I’m really curious about the Rocky Balboa director’s cut cause I honestly think the theatrical is perfect as is. But I assume it’s mostly the deleted scenes from the bluray that are just incorporated back into the film.

And I would take separate deleted scenes for Rocky V at this point. Not sure why they never released them for that or Rocky II and III. I’m sure there’s a bunch.

I’m really curious about the Rocky Balboa director’s cut cause I honestly think the theatrical is perfect as is. But I assume it’s mostly the deleted scenes from the bluray that are just incorporated back into the film.

And I would take separate deleted scenes for Rocky V at this point. Not sure why they never released them for that or Rocky II and III. I’m sure there’s a bunch.
My best guess is must be a preservation thing. I don't know about 2 or 3, but I know rumor was the deleted material from 5 the negatives might be lost, so maybe that's the issue? The workprint that's out there of it is like VHS quality. I hope we can see some of that stuff some day

Interested also in the Rocky Balboa directors cut. There’s a few of the deleted scenes on YouTube such as an extended version of the talk between Rocky & Paulie behind the restaurant, but I hope the directors cut doesn’t change the overall feel and tone of the film as it’s pretty spot on as it is in my opinion.

I love most of Rocky Balboa, but his relationship with the kid from the first movie I always found kind of off-putting and weird. I feel like the movie loses momentum when that becomes center stage. It's paced well, though. I am curious to see how long the new cut is going to be amd everything he changed

I pre ordered both. I don't think Rocky Balboa needed a directors cut, and its honestly my favorite Rocky film. But I guess we'll see.

A Rocky Balboa Director's Cut is something that I'm interested about. Once Rocky has that iconic speech to Robert, I always felt they rushed straight to the montage and to the fight. I feel like there was more with Duke too. I'm pumped frankly. Love Rocky Balboa.

Rocky is far and away my favorite Rocky film. That is a top 5 movie for me. It's a masterpiece. I like Rocky Balboa and most of the sequels, but Rocky is in a class of its own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"