Assassin's Creed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aspect of the games that is almost unanimously met with a "meh" reaction at best, the present day stuff, and they have 90% of the film revolved around that. Good job.

Finding that out a few months back was the point I lost all faith in the movie. The present day stuff should have been a 5-10 minute framing story at best.

which will get a critically acclaimed film first, a DCEU film or a video game movie?

That would make for an interesting poll but I don't wanna ignite any flames. Still interesting to think about though.
A videogame movie of course!

Fruit Ninja the movie will break the curse!

im gonna say Wonder Woman has a chance at being well recieved, i mean there's no way they would **** that up, right?........right?
Wasn't Zack Snyder heavily involved in WW?

I wouldn't count on it.

Wasn't Zack Snyder heavily involved in WW?

I wouldn't count on it.

He was involved with the Treatment for the story but not the actual screenplay version of it.

He co wrote a treatment with Allan Heinberg and later Geoff Johns and Allan Heinberg worked on the actual screenplay

Last edited:
If this is true then it wholly deserves these bad reviews.

*MAJOR SPOILERS!*

AAwVCM5.jpg

He was involved with the Treatment for the story but not the actual screenplay version of it.

He co wrote a treatment with Allan Heinberg and later Geoff Johns and Allan Heinberg worked on the actual screenplay
A shame if you ask me. We could've used the expert writing demonstrated in Sucker Punch.

When I saw the first trailer, I knew the movie wasn't going to work. The heavy use of filters, the absence of any type of humor, a lot of confused looking characters..but I kept an open mind. But the whole thing felt and looked dull.

I may see it on Redbox.

Even the fresh reviews aren't saying it's that good other than it being passable.

Didn't think it would be this bad to be honest.

Wow 18%, so chances are this won't even be the best video game based movie of the year, let alone all time.

It's never surprising when a video game movie blows. Furthermore the trailers were never good.

The whole "good cast so it must be good" idea should be put to bed. You can gave all the award worthy actors in the world and that won't make up for a bad script, bad characterizations and poor direction.

LOL so i read that 90% of the movie takes place in present time no wonder this movie sucks

This is exactly what happens when Hollywood execs think they know better than the people that actually made the games popular. The Abstergo stuff is important, but only because of what was locked in the past.

I was worried about this movie when I saw in the trailer they made the animus look like a big friggen tentacle arm.

Not only will this movie suck, but the AC fans were robbed of a sequel game this year because they wanted the film to tie in directly with where the games left off.

This is exactly what happens when Hollywood execs think they know better than the people that actually made the games popular. The Abstergo stuff is important, but only because of what was locked in the past.

I was worried about this movie when I saw in the trailer they made the animus look like a big friggen tentacle arm.

Not only will this movie suck, but the AC fans were robbed of a sequel game this year because they wanted the film to tie in directly with where the games left off.

I honestly think the time has come to accept that this genre really just doesn't work. It cant possibly be just a studio exec thing or a lack of talented people behind the camera, there's something inherently unworkable about video games when trying to convert them to film.

It's never surprising when a video game movie blows. Furthermore the trailers were never good.

The whole "good cast so it must be good" idea should be put to bed. You can gave all the award worthy actors in the world and that won't make up for a bad script, bad characterizations and poor direction.

yeah, it certainly is par for the course, but the bad script wasn't for the lack of good source material. The story line in the games was fun and intriguing, especially the first 3 or 4 games. Clearly from what people had wrote this is a bunch of idiots who thought they saw a cash cow based on the games success and didn't look at what made it successful, just like the quintessential video game movie screw up Mario Bros.

I honestly think the time has come to accept that this genre really just doesn't work. It cant possibly be just a studio exec thing or a lack of talented people behind the camera, there's something inherently unworkable about video games when trying to convert them to film.

I think it could but it takes a different approach to what's been done. Warcraft actually had the right idea but still made several missteps by who they chose writing and directing. I don't think it will happen for the fact that studios won't give the budget necessary to make these films work, and to get the kind of people involved they need writing and directing.

I think the mistake here is in trying to write something that was both a follow up to the games and an original story. If they'd tried to write a script based on the Desmond Miles story and updated it, changed it for working with film, they might have had something.

Again the fact that I'm hearing this takes place mostly in modern times tells me these people had no friggin clue what made this story appealing in the first place.

If this is true then it wholly deserves these bad reviews.

*MAJOR SPOILERS!*

AAwVCM5.jpg
80% as in average or 80% in the first game?
With Desmond, the amount of off Animus scenes slowly increased.

I remember hearing this rumor months ago. I assume it's true and that sucks.

The rumor was two thirds present one third past, which, while an odd choice, would still be a far better mix, and I could've actually seen that working ok for a first AC film. From the sound of it, it seems we didn't even get that.

Wow 18%, so chances are this won't even be the best video game based movie of the year, let alone all time.

The best video game movie of the year is Angry Birds with a rotten tomato score of 43%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"