Assassin's Creed - Part 2

Is Assassin's Creed even known for its extreme violence? I'm asking because I don't know.

From what I've played it's violent but not so much so that I'm like: "Oh this has to be R" like some of the examples I listed

I mean look at the recent Magnificent Seven remake. That body count was ridiculous and some of the kills were pretty brutal. And it was still PG13.

On another note, I dont even think a Halo movie would need to be rated R either. People will moan but still

Yeah, I don't necessarily think M=R ratings.

Okay, thanks. I didn't think that it was primarily known for its extreme violence but people seem to think that every time a game is M.

I mean the new Tomb Raider games are rated M but I can assure you that the movie won't be rated R and rightfully so it would immediately flop if it were. Also the old games weren't rated M.

Is Assassin's Creed even known for its extreme violence? I'm asking because I don't know.

It's more of a HARD PG-13 if I were to talk about the games themselves. It's not like you can dismember enemies like in Fallout or Dishonored.

From what I've played it's violent but not so much so that I'm like: "Oh this has to be R" like some of the examples I listed

I mean look at the recent Magnificent Seven remake. That body count was ridiculous and some of the kills were pretty brutal. And it was still PG13.

On another note, I dont even think a Halo movie would need to be rated R either. People will moan but still

Yeah..Halo doesn't need to be Rated R. Splinter Cell doesn't have to be Rated R. Or Splinter Cell or even Metal Gear.

I think Fallout could be Rated R if it were to turn into a movie, but again, I think you work around it.

I know this goes against the grain but I didn't mind Mortal Kombat not being rated R because a movie about people just dismembering each other sounded silly to me. And I won't mind if the new Mortal Kombat movie isn't rated R. Extreme violence is what the game is known for but a movie and a game are two different things.

Also I wouldn't have been able to see the movie in 95 if it were R-rated because I was only 11. Lol

Unless you are making something like Doom or GTA, I don't really see the point of an R-rated video game movie. The maturity should come with the storytelling, but we know that ain't happening.

I haven't seen Assassin's Creed, because I don't just spend my money on any old thing, but I doubt that it was bad because of it's PG-13 rating.

Unless you are making something like Doom or GTA, I don't really see the point of an R-rated video game movie. The maturity should come with the storytelling, but we know that ain't happening.

There are some games where going PG-13 would be really doing a disservice to the source material. God of War, for example.

Assassin's Creed isn't one of those games.

All the games are rated Mature and you are supposed to be 17 to buy them. It's a game where the main characters are continuously murdering people. It can be put into a PG13 but it shouldn't be cutting away from kills and the violence. If it has to it should just be an R film.

I'm a gamer, I know what the ratings mean. Still video games and movies aren't the same thing.

All the games are rated Mature and you are supposed to be 17 to buy them. It's a game where the main characters are continuously murdering people. It can be put into a PG13 but it shouldn't be cutting away from kills and the violence. If it has to it should just be an R film.

Frankly, the game rating system is a LOT more strict than the movie rating system.

The games are rated M, but it is a rather tame M.

Just saw the movie, a solid film 5-6.5. Would like to see other stories of other assassins.

I thought the modern day stuff was interesting and I wanted to know more about the other characters. I always felt the end was the weakest part starting with
the appearance of all the assasins and especially his parents... Through to Irons death.
And was the assassin who looked like Sofie her mom or her ancestor?

Last edited:
What was cool about Mortal Kombat was besides the photo realistic graphics for the time, it also had copious amounts of blood and gore. It wasn't something you typically saw in games, even fighting games at the time. A lot of parents hated it, but the games were always unapologetic.

Also it's "Mortal" Kombat. These fights were to the deaths!

It's semi spoilers... but the scene where Michael Fassbender says "What the f*** is going on?" is the perfect summary of this movie.

Last edited:
It's semi spoilers... but the scene where Michael Fassbender says "What the f*** is going on?" is the perfect summary of this movie.
Yeah it was the only semi-humorous line in the film too. In some ways, unintentionally hilarious.

I was so bored watching this. I hate the desaturated colors. Definitely one of the worst from 2016. Plus Fassbender's character was so First Class Magneto 2.0 in this, it distracted me.

I thought it was average, better than Warcraft, but thats not saying much I guess. The actions scenes in the past were pretty good and well done but the modern day stuff was fairly dull and some of the dialogue was pretty painful stuff. The actors did the best they could with what they were given but the story made little to no sense with some pretty dumb ideas and moments as well.

Not without some merits but not the sort of film I would want to sit through again really. The wait for a true great video game film continues it seems.

Well, as someone who very much enjoys the games, i thought it was....ok. I liked the action scenes, the score and i thought it looked nice visually. Besides that, yeah, the characters are as thin as paper and the modern day scenes just drag on forever, i swear the ending went on for days, and even knowing what the Apple of Eden does thanks to the games, the movie doesn't actually bother on showing its function, hell, even in the first game you see it being used. Anyway, i wont watch this again but i kind of enjoyed myself at points, it was fun seeing those particular action set pieces of the game come to life, but again, its not enough when your characters have no motivation or any personality.

The movie was ok. Not a terrible movie but not great either. The story worked in the game but it felt ridiculous in the movie. Modern day scenes were still the best part of the movie. I have always liked it and the games weren't interesting after they ended Desmond's story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"