Assassin's Creed - Part 2

And you do mean major. We aren't talking small supporting roles. Heck, the main villain is usually a real historic character (such as Rodrigo Borgia or Bartholomew Roberts).

In extreme cases, practically every major character besides the present day guys and the protagonist were real. AC4, for example.

Yeah exactly which is why the writers must not have spent any time looking at the games. Vidic was way more of a side character than any of the historical characters, but they way they wrote Jeremy Iron's character, he's basically Vidic. I know his actual character is mentioned in a few of the games, but he was never really seen or dealt with.

I just wished they skipped the whole present day story and just have a straight forwrd story in the past.

Then it's not Assasin's creed. You have to have the mix of present day with past, with the Animus, but in the right proportions which this film got backward.

Sounds like the movie committed the sins of a lot of movies that are about people traveling to different worlds. The real world segments are never the most interesting segments to the audience. If you're the Matrix people want to see the characters in The Matrix, if your Inception people want to see the characters in dreams. If your Tomorrowland people want to see more Tomorrowland. If you are Wizard of Oz people want to see Oz.

You can't just half-ass the real world segments either though. They have to be compelling enough to keep the whole movie together.

From what I can ascertain gamers are saying that the real-world segments were the most boring part of the game and it sounds like the film didn't do a good enough job of investing people in those parts of the film and didn't give them enough of they came for.

So the real-word segments drag the whole thing down, huh? Sounds faithful to the source material to me. :oldrazz:

The DoubleToasted and Collider.com spoiler Reviews are great

Sounds like the movie committed the sins of a lot of movies that are about people traveling to different worlds. The real world segments are never the most interesting segments to the audience. If you're the Matrix people want to see the characters in The Matrix, if your Inception people want to see the characters in dreams. If your Tomorrowland people want to see more Tomorrowland. If you are Wizard of Oz people want to see Oz.

You can't just half-ass the real world segments either though. They have to be compelling enough to keep the whole movie together.

From what I can ascertain gamers are saying that the real-world segments were the most boring part of the game and it sounds like the film didn't do a good enough job of investing people in those parts of the film and didn't give them enough of they came for.

I will say The Matrix is one movie that kept the real world stuff interesting to me. Inside the Matrix was better but still

In any case I agree with your point

Last edited:
Not surprising. Throw it in the same pile as Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider. Let's hope they never make Uncharted.

The Prince of Persia wasn't that bad of a movie. I actually liked that movie.

Forget being faithful to the source material, this is similar to Metal Gear, adapting its story is better reserved for serialized medium than solo entries, it's meaty with story content.
The Prince of Persia wasn't that bad of a movie. I actually liked that movie.
Yeah, me too.

I find Prince of Persia to be horrible, but I definitely like it in a bad way. Plus Gemma Arterton.

There is this one scene where you see these assassins basically auditioning for a job and it kills me every time. :hehe:

In the game the only thing that kept the present day stuff interesting to me was when they got to the first civilization stuff. I loved it in AC 3 where Juno is telling her story to Desmond before you find out who she is and her real motivations.

If I were doing a script, I would have had Abstergo trying to work with/try to control Juno, while they could have had Cal play the role Desmond did in the first three games and then brought Desmond back ala Subject 17 from the game, to communicate with Cal as to Abstergo's true intentions. It would have allowed a fresh perspective from those who didn't know the games, and given more explanation to what the Apple of Eden is and where it came from. Plus it would have given more to the fans of the game, and more cohesiveness to the existing AC canon.

Haven't seen the movie and probably never have, so feel free to spoil it for me. What I'm most curious about is if the movie basically follows the plot of the first game.

Also, my biggest complaint with the games and the modern day stuff is that it got so confusing after a certain point once it became evident that they were trying to milk as much as they could annually. You'd think the story would have ended after 3, but I still don't know what any of has meant after that, and whether or not there will ever be an "end" to that story line.

So the real-word segments drag the whole thing down, huh?

Sounds familiar.

Sucker_Punch_film_poster.jpg

When your best video game film adaption of 2016 was The Angry Birds Movie, you know you f’ed up.

One of the biggest sins of the film is the tameness of it. The Assassin’s Creed games are rated M game usually for Blood and Violence. This film embodies a PG13 rating. Even before release that rating was a major turnoff and boy does it show on-screen. This movie features so many deaths that vary from blade slashing to cut throats. As cool it sounds, the film won’t let you enjoy it for it is bloodless as hell. The action is great don’t get me wrong, but it is so dull because it boasts all of these kills but keeps it so tame. What makes it even worse is that some assignations are done in slo-mo. Because of this, the action comes off so stagey that it’s unintentionally laughable which is the wrong reaction the audience should have. This film is named Assassin’s Creed taken from a rated M game. ASSASSIN. Shouldn’t that call for an R rating? Warcraft was a rated T game yet the film managed to show blood and gore every chance it got while maintaining a PG13 rating.

The film has a talented cast who are ultimately wasted delivering lines that you question making any sense. Every exchange between Cotillard and Fassbender is so worthy of cringe that you feel embarrassed for them delivering this terrible dialogue. You can’t tell if Jeremy Irons is sleepwalking or not as he plays the intelligent CEO of Abstergo which is a performance similar to his earlier one in High Rise. And poor Michael K. Williams who is barely featured in the film. It’s heartbreaking to see this cast wasted, but yet it’s furious to know that Fassbender was an actual producer on this. He is part of the problem for this film’s existence which may take a longer time to forgive since giving that lifelike performance in 12 Years A Slave.

Rating: 1/5 | 25%

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//assassins-creed-review

Fassbender being a great actor doesn't make him a great producer. Two different things.

Also, being a producer doesn't necessarily mean you have actual control.

july 2016. It explains why game movies are bad.
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/as...chael-fassbender-marion-cotillard-1201704429/

“We are not going to earn a lot of money from it,”
“It is a lot more a marketing thing [and] it is also good for the image of the brand. Although we will make some money, it is not the purpose of this movie. The purpose is to bring ‘Assassin’s Creed’ to more people.”

I really dont care if this was PG13. People care way too much about ratings in most cases. You could make a good PG13 Assassin's Creed. It's not like it's Gears of War, God of War, Bioshock, or something like that. Lack of blood does not damper my enjoyment of a movie. And Im sure when I watch this the lack of blood won't make me like the film any less than I might

Just got back from seeing this film and I thought they did a fantastic job of adapting the Assassin's Creed concept into a 2 hour film. The only thing I was let down by was the ending I wanted compared to the ending we got but it still didn't bring it down for me.

8/10

Is Assassin's Creed even known for its extreme violence? I'm asking because I don't know.

Is Assassin's Creed even known for its extreme violence? I'm asking because I don't know.

Yes and no. There's a stealthy finesse to the killing for lack of a better word if you're playing the way "you're supposed to", but over the course of a game you can rack up a body count in the hundreds/thousands. And if you're not playing the way you're supposed to it could end up as GTA with swords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"