Grayskull: Masters of the Universe - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Skeletor should be in all of them. He should be like Dr Doom. Even when there's a bigger threat, he should be seeking to usurp their power, like Doom would with Galactus or the Beyonder.

David S. Goyer is writing the He-Man reboot!

Sony Pictures Reports $719 Million Loss For Movie Division
Sony Pictures reports a $719 million loss for the previous year, due to their slate struggling to make an impression at the box office.

How Playing Skeletor Prepared Frank Langella To Play Nixon
They both felt "the loneliness of evil."

So Tom Rothman is in charge. Sony losing all this money and film division is like borderline bankrupt. Goyer is writing it.

Is any of this really good news?

Tom Rothman being involved in any capacity, even if he were just the guy fetching coffee, is a kiss of death.

So Tom Rothman is in charge. Sony losing all this money and film division is like borderline bankrupt. Goyer is writing it.

Is any of this really good news?

Rothman being involved monetarily is probably a good thing for Sony. Creativetily is a different story.

Oh...

I don't get it...

The animated series ran from 2002-2004, but the toys sort of had a life beyond it. Four Horsemen continued making characters beyond the toy line with the NECA mini-statues or "stactions." Some bust statues still got released. Then after MOTUC got the ball rolling, it would make new figures for characters who never got produced in the original 2002 series toyline. I forget how and when it exactly started, but I guess that's the reason fans started calling it 200x instead of 2002. 200x I guess encompasses all the toys and materials that's come from the series. So instead of saying 2002-2004, it's just 200x. It's just an abbreviated way it gets filed. Sort of like fans just like to say MOTUC instead of Masters of the Universe Classics.

Rothman being involved monetarily is probably a good thing for Sony. Creativetily is a different story.

I'm still skeptical if this makes it to December 2018 until it goes in front of cameras. But we'll see. Rothman being around doesn't instill me with confidence though.

mad max meets flash gordon, warhammer and warcraft style...that's the way to go....let duncan jones rewrite and direct

After the failure of Warcraft I'd rather Duncan Jones stick to smaller films.

mad max meets flash gordon, warhammer and warcraft style...that's the way to go....let duncan jones rewrite and direct

Mad Max for sure.

I dont think this movie needs a complex origin story just make it simple like the Mad Max and Terminator films.

He-Man was a barbarian from an Eternian tribe. The planet's inhabitants were dealing with the aftermath of the Great Wars, which devastated the civilizations which once ruled supreme. The wars left behind advanced machinery and weaponry, known only to select people. An early incarnation of the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull gave He-Man some of these weapons, and he set out to defend the secrets of Castle Grayskull from the evil Skeletor.

Make it a simple story of He-Man in an post apocalyptic world getting about having to slay beasts on his quest to destory Skeletor.

e17de94fe493c8c3f954fdaac7128f59.jpg

offsite
e2c91ccbbad53ce944ced51425d69538.jpg

1b1574c4231f702400f218ee410f6753.jpg
e367ab8b32e108332c5178e78149b83c.jpg

After the failure of Warcraft I'd rather Duncan Jones stick to smaller films.

Eh, I don't think Jones failed as a director at all in that. Warcraft's mythology is so dense that I don't think it's possible to make a film that appeals to everyone- at least not in the two hour run time the film ended up with. We possibly got the best version of a 2-hour Warcraft film.

This wasn't like Green Lantern where Martin Campbell seemed out of his depth on a high budget CGI rich production.

If I had to suggest someone in-house for Sony/Columbia, Neill Blomkamp would be another choice- and he's unemployed at the moment- but his sensibilities are too self serious for the tone I want MoTU to be.

Mad Max for sure.

I dont think this movie needs a complex origin story just make it simple like the Mad Max and Terminator films.

He-Man was a barbarian from an Eternian tribe. The planet's inhabitants were dealing with the aftermath of the Great Wars, which devastated the civilizations which once ruled supreme. The wars left behind advanced machinery and weaponry, known only to select people. An early incarnation of the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull gave He-Man some of these weapons, and he set out to defend the secrets of Castle Grayskull from the evil Skeletor.

Oh, so that's why it's a science fantasy, thx for summary.

When it comes to fantasy I'm a tolkienist purist. Please, no f***ing u.f.o.s vs Nazgûls battles. But with sword and sorcery kind of stuff I actually like when there's the weird/sci-fi/whatever aspect to it.

I think this film calls for someone like a John Wick or Fury Road type of director. Even though it'a an action sci-fi sword and sorcery I really don't want it to feel like a B movie.

Mad Max for sure.

Make it a simple story of He-Man in an post apocalyptic world getting about having to slay beasts on his quest to destory Skeletor.

e17de94fe493c8c3f954fdaac7128f59.jpg

offsite
e2c91ccbbad53ce944ced51425d69538.jpg

1b1574c4231f702400f218ee410f6753.jpg
e367ab8b32e108332c5178e78149b83c.jpg

That was my favourite version of He-Man from the very early mini comics. Unfortunately I don't think they'd go with this route but with the more familiar Prince Adam route just because it's more well-known by the fans and has probably become the accepted origin now.

I was perfectly happy without Prince Adam in those early stories though. The Dolph Lundgren version was ambiguous enough that he could've been the barbarian from those mini comics or just that it was an emergency situation and he didn't have time to turn back into Adam. But what was refreshing (or maybe refreshing in hindsight) is that he isn't like these modern comic movies or shows where they seem to prefer to spend all their time in their civilian alter ego and it takes them a whole season before they finally become the hero they were meant to be.

I'd prefer He-Man more like Thor in that He-Man is the true identity and he's dispensed with any alter ego (like Donald Blake with Thor).

The animated series ran from 2002-2004, but the toys sort of had a life beyond it. Four Horsemen continued making characters beyond the toy line with the NECA mini-statues or "stactions." Some bust statues still got released. Then after MOTUC got the ball rolling, it would make new figures for characters who never got produced in the original 2002 series toyline. I forget how and when it exactly started, but I guess that's the reason fans started calling it 200x instead of 2002. 200x I guess encompasses all the toys and materials that's come from the series. So instead of saying 2002-2004, it's just 200x. It's just an abbreviated way it gets filed. Sort of like fans just like to say MOTUC instead of Masters of the Universe Classics.

Thanks. :up:

all i asked who play warcraft where very pleased....anyhow...he would be passionate about it...i really hope they find a director who cares for the material and is willing to take risks ...and i hope the studio bosses don't tell him what to do ...goyer should stick to horror movies...i really doubt he fully knows whats needed ...i dont wan't my he-man too dark...i mean...the evil side should be intimidating and scary...but it also needs the uplifting tone of eternia...two worlds who collide...make it like avatar and it will be just fine enough....the wonderfull world, the thread and the story of becoming a hero. plain and simple...thats why i liked warcraft the movie so much. a really complex lore yet a simple story and enough material in it to make people interested in it and satisfying enough for those who play the games...

If this film happens (and I still doubt it will), I just don't see anything but it been a bomb. Would love to be wrong and get a great MOTU film but I just can't see it.

I met her in person at a convention last year, her eyes are still just as blue as ever, almost striking even. Really nice lady but she did NOT age well at all.

She was the 2nd actress cast as Cagney in Cagney and Lacey for one season, before Sharon Gless was recast in the role. Apparently CBS considered Meg Foster too aggressive and could be mistaken for a lesbian.

She was the 2nd actress cast as Cagney in Cagney and Lacey for one season, before Sharon Gless was recast in the role. Apparently CBS considered Meg Foster too aggressive and could be mistaken for a lesbian.

Meg is great in the few episodes she did on Miami Vice and yes, her character was somewhat aggressive in that as well.

Meg foster gets nakey in the lords of Salem and no she didn't age well

I met her in person at a convention last year, her eyes are still just as blue as ever, almost striking even. Really nice lady but she did NOT age well at all.
Considering she's only 70 years old, she didn't seem to be doing too bad when I saw her at a convention. Her eyes are still undeniably striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"