Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Part 2

They should do that. They can see the acting beneath the animation and see if it deserves a nomination.

It still would be a strange thing to judge, 5 actors in lycra suits with no context , no make up, cameras in their faces and dots, how do you judge that without the final result? Its just doesn't seem right, i think the best thing is to include them among the VFX crew or a special award , with the actors and animators only. At the same time i wish they gave someone like Doug Jones or Kevin Peter Hall an award , that is really really hard work man. Acting under all that stuff its just a million times more brutal than just a light lycra suit.

I think some day they will invent holographic make up, that **** would be totally insane and on camera

Well if you watch that video you can see the acting clear even though they're dressed funny. If people thought the acting was good enough to warrant a nod then the academy should watch them beneath the animation for a selection of scenes to judge how much of the performance was them and how much was the animation.

If they judge it enough them to warrant a nod then that should be fair enough to the animators as they judged the actors without the animation.

Its funny now that i see your Rocket avatar, im surprised how they pull off that character so well. If you think about it among the top grossing movies , the most important memorable characters are fully animated or mo caped performances. Its amazing how far technology has come

It still would be a strange thing to judge, 5 actors in lycra suits with no context , no make up, cameras in their faces and dots, how do you judge that without the final result? Its just doesn't seem right, i think the best thing is to include them among the VFX crew or a special award , with the actors and animators only. At the same time i wish they gave someone like Doug Jones or Kevin Peter Hall an award , that is really really hard work man. Acting under all that stuff its just a million times more brutal than just a light lycra suit.

I think some day they will invent holographic make up, that **** would be totally insane and on camera

I think a special award would certainly be in order and I wish the Academy was more open to doing them as movies often have achievements that deserve to be recognized but don't fit into regular, annual categories.

Plus, the original Planet of the Apes received a special award for its makeup, over a decade before the invention of the regular makeup category.

My personal view on awards is that in the end they are pretty unfair. When you judge VFX for example you are judging cgi apes, spaceships and a raccoon for example, they are completely different effects , how can you judge which is better than the other if they are so different? If 5 different crews did the same CGI (example the apes) then i think you could see more clearly which did the better job, but when things are so opposite i don't think is fair.

I think awards are nice and all but they don't reflect the efforts of the artist fairly , i see them more as an ego thing. Nominations are an award themselves and you don't need all the extra circus in my opinion but im probably pretty alone in my view of how this ceremony's work

I've been told that there's something after the credits. Is this true?

Dawn should definitely receive a special award for Serkis and the VFX team. Their work was admirable and unparalleled, and it should be recognized by the Academy.

I've been told that there's something after the credits. Is this true?

Just the sound of some chimps and some rubble being moved. Koba may be alive. There was originally going to be a Marvel style tag, but they changed their minds.

The end credits theme is even titled "Aint that a Stinger"

My personal view on awards is that in the end they are pretty unfair. When you judge VFX for example you are judging cgi apes, spaceships and a raccoon for example, they are completely different effects , how can you judge which is better than the other if they are so different? If 5 different crews did the same CGI (example the apes) then i think you could see more clearly which did the better job, but when things are so opposite i don't think is fair.

I think awards are nice and all but they don't reflect the efforts of the artist fairly , i see them more as an ego thing. Nominations are an award themselves and you don't need all the extra circus in my opinion but im probably pretty alone in my view of how this ceremony's work

Its more of a matter of not just how great the effects are, but how well they support the quality of the movie as a whole.

The real secret of the Academy awards though is that even though the awards say "Best" most often what that really translates to is "Most."

Dawn should definitely receive a special award for Serkis and the VFX team. Their work was admirable and unparalleled, and it should be recognized by the Academy.
it makes me angry that for almost 6 months everyone is only talking about Caesar and Serkis. what about Koba and BlueEyes? insane good acting from those actors. plus Koba in general had scenes that we will talk about for years. :yay:

thought this was hilarious (might be old)
Xynosw8.jpg

I'm late and just watched this movie. WOW. What an incredible film on every level. Absolutely incredible. This movie moved me and resonated with me that very few films do. This is what movies are all about: engaging story, loveable characters, great, intense action, tragedy, triumph, its all here. I never thought a movie about computer generated apes could emotionally move me the way this did. This is as good as it gets, folks.

Easily 10/10 for me. Beautifiul film. Can't wait for the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"