Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it's not a class warfare thing.

Class indicates that they are the same specie, that just have different privileges due to any number of factors. The apes and humans are two different races. One race thinks they are superior over the other.

Therefore it's racism.

Apes and humans are different species.

Blacks and whites are the same species. If we weren't we wouldn't be capable of breeding together.

I'm aware the early PotA movies referenced the Civil Rights movement. This was made obvious with the dialogue.

This series uses Animal Farm plotlines almost directly.

Animal Farm is about class warfare. Is it not?

Yes, Animal Farm is...but this doesn't follow THAT closely, and tends to follow the more political message rather than class warfare. What...is it saying that apes are above apes?? That makes no sense...and it eventually is shown to be about a particular ape's quest for power and his followers enslaving/killing those who oppose him. I guess you could REEEEEEEEALLY stretch it to say that the apes who take control are a higher "class" than the apes they fight against...but it isn't really about who is smarter or better or more worthy, aside from "strength = power" and that the strong are the rightful rulers. The false flag attack is something the Nazis did, and they also put people in cages. I just don't think the class warfare issue is as important to the filmmakers as the other points they are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"