The Adventures of Tintin - Part 1

Sounds like they need Edgar Wright to work on this film or help them along. :o

After seeing that Pacific Rim 2 is happening, I'll believe anything is possible.

Bring on Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever 2. :hmr:

I'll believe it when I see it.

And I think it wouldve been too long since the first one

Peter Jackson by now must feel like Michael Corleone from Godfather 3 right now. The Hobbit died in his arms, and he's ready to finally rest without anyone bothering him anymore.

The fact that this is animation is a good thing in this case. Meaning Jackson will be forced to keep it at a tight enough pace and not add his trademark bloated, useless ****. The budget will be the editor this time instead of his abused regular.

Oh I thought it was dead and buried. Well there you go!

It is dead. It didn't make a lot of money

Not in the US (obviously) but at least it did well worldwide where Tintin was always popular. Whaddya mean the franchise is dead?! Did you even read the article?

On a brighter note, I always knew they intended on keeping the films going. I never got round to reading all the Tintin books unlike Asterix, which I 'was' a big fan. I did, however, pick up the Animated Series on Bluray shortly after the 2011 movie came out so upon reading the news, I decided to watch through The Seven Crystal Balls and The Prisoners of the Sun. That should be plenty to adapt into a film unless they intend on adopting elements from other books. They will need to introduce Professor Calculus of course, so I'm wondering if Tintin should already know him like how he already knew Thompson and Thomson in the last film. Maybe he doesn't need introducing to Tintin, but I wouldn't mind either way.

I really like the film. It felt like an Indiana Jones adventure. But, something about it seems off. I can't really say or articulate what it is.

They were uncanny valley looking? Is that what was off?

Yeah, it could very well be that.

Well, I for one hated John Williams' score, blasphemous as that statement sounds as I type it, lol. I love the man but his weird, lifeless score for this somehow made the already wonky pacing feel even more noticeably awkward.

His intro theme is average, the film score has touches of his Star Wars work.

I watched the first film recently and loved it, but the ship has sailed for a sequel to this movie.

Not in the US (obviously) but at least it did well worldwide where Tintin was always popular. Whaddya mean the franchise is dead?! Did you even read the article?

On a brighter note, I always knew they intended on keeping the films going. I never got round to reading all the Tintin books unlike Asterix, which I 'was' a big fan. I did, however, pick up the Animated Series on Bluray shortly after the 2011 movie came out so upon reading the news, I decided to watch through The Seven Crystal Balls and The Prisoners of the Sun. That should be plenty to adapt into a film unless they intend on adopting elements from other books. They will need to introduce Professor Calculus of course, so I'm wondering if Tintin should already know him like how he already knew Thompson and Thomson in the last film. Maybe he doesn't need introducing to Tintin, but I wouldn't mind either way.
Yet it's 2018 and they avoided making the sequel all this time.

This movie was awful. IMO. The direction was all over the place. During the end scene with the car the camera was all over the place I had to look away. The cgi was vomit to my eyes.

Did this movie do well in belgium? The character is a Belgium creation?

I think it was unsettling how they tried to make it so human and yet not very

This movie was awful. IMO. The direction was all over the place. During the end scene with the car the camera was all over the place I had to look away. The cgi was vomit to my eyes.

Did this movie do well in belgium? The character is a Belgium creation?
Are you talking about the 2011 animated movie?
It's very well directed, with some impressive CGI balancing the style of Herge with more realistic looks.
Nothing felt out of place or out of shot.

Loved the first one, pretty much gave up hope the sequels would ever happen though. Believe it when I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"