The Adventures of Tintin - Part 1

It doesn't really matter that it underperformed in US, this film was more successful in the foreign markets. $370,000,000 is pretty solid business considering the budget. Also yeah I love how they fixed the dead eye movement for TinTin, It wasn't Zemeckis Polar Express at all.

it breaks my heart that it underperformed in the US. its in a way proof that hollywood studios are right. only properties that are known to US general public will make money. and thats why remakes,boardgames,toys movies will not stop. NOOOOO

Jackson needs to make the sequel.

It doesn't really matter that it underperformed in US, this film was more successful in the foreign markets. $370,000,000 is pretty solid business considering the budget. Also yeah I love how they fixed the dead eye movement for TinTin, It wasn't Zemeckis Polar Express at all.

Remember the theatre chains get half of revenues so the studios got $186 million, not $370 mi. $135 million budget plus marketing it probably broke even after merchandise sales. With Blu-Ray and international TV rights it will make some money but it would've been great if it did another $100 million in North America so they could've gotten $50 million in profit.

Maybe with the BR release and being on TV will grow the young fanbase before the next one comes out.

the profit will be smaller because Spielberg's paycheck is very big.

Just saw it today, and I must say the animation, the details, everything was near perfection. No Zemeckis-type of animation.
And add to that the choreography in the action sequences, the camera movements. The continuous shot during the chase was amazing, I saw that thing like 4 times.
The story and character development, specially for Tintin, was a little poor. But if this is the first movie of a franchise, then I can overlook some things. After all, this is Spielberg we're talking about.

Just saw the Tintin over the weekend actually. Thought it was really enjoyable.

Finally saw this on Blu-Ray. Sorry I missed this one in theaters, it was stunning! I couldn't believe how beautiful the animation was. I also loved that even though it was PG, it wasn't afraid to kill quite a few people lol.

Saw it in onDemand. Loved it. I wanted to see it in theaters but i missed it. THe chase scene was awesome. It's a shame that I dont hear that many people talking about this. It was really well made, all the acting was on point, really looking forward to watching it again.

Is there any word on the sequel? Because I heard this didnt do that well in the US

I believe Peter Jackson is going to film the sequel either this year or next.

I thought this was good, but did anyone else feel this faltered towards the last act?

does anyone know what comics are best?

Personal favorites--

Cigars of the Pharaohs
The Blue Lotus
The Broken Ear
The Crab With The Golden Claws
The Shooting Star
The Seven Crystal Balls
The Calculus Affair
Tintin in Tibet

The first movie is kind of a mashup of Crab With The Golden Claws ad Secret of the Unicorn.

i'd like to collect these! i've read the stuff the movie was based on!

is it just me or are there parts of this that look LIVE-ACTION when watching it on blu-ray?

i agree. some look so realistic that you ask if they filmed something on location.

Yep. You're not alone. The animation is breath-taking.

I was never a fan of the cartoon when I was younger but I thought the movie was fantastic, really enjoyable. Would love to see a sequel.

I loved this movie, I can't wait for the sequel, if its still happening. Peter Jackson is suppose to be doing the next one right?

I was never a fan of the cartoon when I was younger but I thought the movie was fantastic, really enjoyable. Would love to see a sequel.

would you ever read the comic strip? it can be as fun as anything DC or Marvel puts out today which is saying a lot as they are quite dated!

i have weird feelings about this movie. on one hand, i really enjoyed it when i saw it in the theater and thought it was very well-made. on the other hand, i had very little desire to see it again. now, i did watch it again at home and still liked it, but i'm to the point where i don't think i'll ever want to watch it again. and i can't really put my finger on why, it's a fun, charming movie with great technical aspects and there are even some parts that are fairly memorable. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"