The Adventures of Tintin - Part 1

Quick question, I have never seen a film in 3D and I was thinking of seeing this as a first try. Is it any good in 3D?

Alright cool. I'll probably try it then. I'm not sure how I'll turn out but I guess that's the point :p

The 3D is actually well made for this movie, as a lot of foreground and background stuff is given realistic depth. Kind of like a moving View-Master thing.

Just saw it (2D). I'll copy paste what I said from the other thread.

A solid film. Stunning visuals, entertaining action (Morocco :D ) and solid acting (never knew Daniel Craig could pull of being a villain).

But the film really does suffer from a dragged on pacing. Just when it seems that one scenario is about to end, it drags on into another scene.

And I know Tintin probably does speak out loud in his comics (never grew up with them or read them), but I just found myself being annoyed by his constant need to explain the situation.

All in all, not a bad film, but definitely not something I'd see a sequel (like the ending implies) to.

PS. I'd say I preferred watching The Hobbit trailer beforehand to the whole film :p

3/5

Saw the film over the Christmas break. I enjoyed it overall, although I did notice where it drifted out of one book and into the next. Most of Red Rackham's treasure was ditched apart from the ending in Marlinspike Hall, so it was really more an adaptation of Secret of the Unicorn and Crab With the Golden Claws. However, I think it probably would've been too much to have Red Rackham's treasure and to introduce Calculus.

My one disappointment was that there wasn't a really distinctive Tintin theme music, since the score was by John Williams. There wasn't something as instantly recognisable as Indiana Jones, Superman, ET, Jaws, Star Wars etc. It would've been great to have something more memorable.

I thought the way they wove the 3 Tintin stories together was quite cleverly done. And agreed about the non-introduction of Professor Calculus, but I don't think he and his inventions would have served much purpose with the way Spielberg/Jackson were telling their story. Perhaps with Calculus' possible introduction in the next film could we see some of his other inventions at work? Which story to read next? Prisoners of the Sun or the Seven Crystal Balls? ;)

Rating: 9/10 - LOVED IT!!! Can't recall the number of times I read Secret of the Unicorn while growing up but can never for the life of me comprehend why I never even got round to reading Red Rackham's Treasure. The first book I ever read of Tintin was The Black Island but it's a shame I never got to read them all as a kid like the Asterix books. But now I'm catching up!! :)

I thought the theme was very distinctive, but also, I feel it's obvious the next movie is going to be able finding the rest of the Unicorn's treasure. They did imply that, and I could see them merging that somehow with the Calculus Affair.

Had fun and it made me want to read the old Tintin books.

I was back and forth with the movie during the pre-production/post-production wait if I wanted to see this but glad I did. Would go see a sequel!

Saw this today--8/10. Really fun film that manages to feel like Herge's comics, for the most part. Jackson and Spielberg's team of animators give Zemeckis a run for his money and create interesting cariacatures rather than dead-eyed zombies, but even the most realistic look Tintin looks life-like and doesn't dip into uncanny valley territory. The actors all give really good performances, and none of the characters felt extraneous or there just because they were in the books.

The few problems I had with this were the pacing and climax--the movie just sort of ends rather than building to a conclusion, and given the scale of the first 2/3 or so, it's a small ending too.
The crane fight, while an appropriate callback to the tangled masts of the two ships, nevertheless feels very un-Tintin in general and out of character for Sakkarin specifically. The fact that it happens right after the much superior chase sequence feels a little overmuch as well.
But overall I enjoyed it, and I'd gladly see another from these two.

I thought the theme was very distinctive, but also, I feel it's obvious the next movie is going to be able finding the rest of the Unicorn's treasure. They did imply that, and I could see them merging that somehow with the Calculus Affair.

I hope not, they could jump a few months ahead and mentioned in the dialogue that Haddock and Tintin had found the rest of the treasures. I think that The Calculus Affair would be a good introduction for Calculus, more so than The Seven Crystal Balls and it has the Cold War as its background so it has good things going for but then again it's up to Jackson, which I guess he's leaning towards more to Seven Crystal Balls & Prisoners of the Sun, nonetheless I'm interested to see his take on the series.

75 million domestic
295 million foreign

interesting

My biggest problem with this movie was the whole time im thinking well whats the point. He's not out to rule the world, he just wants some treasure. Why risk your lives over nothing.

My biggest problem with this movie was the whole time im thinking well whats the point. He's not out to rule the world, he just wants some treasure. Why risk your lives over nothing.
For Haddock it was about family honor and Tin Tin risks his life all the time he will do anything for a good story or adventure.

A stunning movie with some great motion capture performances. I really enjoyed how detailed they made the movie and I thought the story had a lot of great adventure. I haven't read or watch Tintin so I knew very little about it besides the look of Tintin. My favorite moment has to be the chase in Morocco, hands down and I wish I saw this in 3D.
9/10

Oh, I saw the movie in late January. I liked it a lot. I have never read a Tintin comic, but the movie was very good and entertaining. No complaints about dragging from me. I liked the acting, the pace, the animation and I specially liked the treatment about Capt. Haddock's alcoholism (the scene where he gets sober in the middle of the desert which symbolises a feeling of loneliness and dryness; also the scene where he 'recovers' his memory and, yes, how alcohol helped them to get another clue to solve the case).

But, as many Spielberg movies, and as many movies nowadays for me, it is at the last part of the movie where I get this feeling of the movie being truly worthy or just a very efficient entertaining formula and Tintin didn't quite do it for me as something more than Spielberg's entertaining skills. I considered it a very fun movie but when I got to the bottom of it, there was little more to take off it.

3.5/5

FBtintin.jpg

in march the BR will be realesed. i hope we will get a lot gif's. almost every scene in this movie looks special. and the way Spielberg used physical comedy from TinTin,Haddock and Snowy. perfect.

i still think that TinTin was stylized realistic. and not one single shot looked fake. there was no dead eyes from Tintin and Haddock. i need the bluray now.

to bad teh movie underperformed in the US. it was so entertaining .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"