The Adventures of Tintin - Part 1

saw this thursday. I loved it. I agree, with flick chick to an extent on the slapstick. It got a bit over the top at times but I think that was more of Peter Jackson's creative input than Spielberg's. Slap stick has always been a creative staple of Peter Jackson's movies, frighteners, dead alive, the whole vaudevillian aspect of King Kong ect.

Yeah, that chase scene was jaw dropping. I loved the single shot.

This movie was literally amazing. Only one flaw I could find - I wished it was longer. But, that's saying something - leave them wanting more. That chase sequence? Beyond amazing. This team? If ever there's another Indiana Jones movie needs to be behind it. 10/10

The movie is opening terribly in the US, good thing it's overseas BO gross is strong.

I'll bring my spare pair of 3D glasses, just in case it's starting up after I watch War Horse next week.

I gotta say, the motion capture and the Herge-humanoids effect work has got to be either on-par or in many cases, one step above Avatar,...

If my local theater turnout is any indication, I'm pretty sure Tintin will be a somewhat disappointment a the box office, but I hope it'll make enough money for them to get the sequel moving forward quickly... :( I'd love to see Peter Jackson's take on it.

Well, being in a top film studio - they brought us in one day and let us ask any questions we had - one was about box office. Turns out that the overseas box office is A LOT more important than the domestic box office which for studios that money mainly comes from home video releases. Basically overseas carries a lot more weight than domestic box office. I don't fully understand it. But, that's what they told us.

Basically, a lot of us here in the states just don't know what the **** Tintin is. He was never as big an icon as he is in Europe. My dad though is aching to see the thing as he used to read the books when he was little apparently.

I'm not surprised it's not opening too well. He's not well known here. Worldwide on the other hand is a different story.

I'm not surprised at the numbers either. I thought maybe the juggernaut names of Spielberg and Jackson would bring in the numbers in the States, but I think in the end most of the GA probably looked at this as just another animated kids film for the Holidays; the significance of the source material obviously lost. The overseas BO will end up saving, but unless it has legs, I don't think there's a chance of Tin Tin getting any real footing here in the States.

I'll may end up seeing it today with my niece, or at least sometime next week. I wanted to pick up at least one of the books just to see what they were like, but I never got around to it.

Last edited:
Basically, a lot of us here in the states just don't know what the **** Tintin is. He was never as big an icon as he is in Europe. My dad though is aching to see the thing as he used to read the books when he was little apparently.
I remember watching the cartoon and the reruns on Nickelodeon in the early 90's...

and yeah, even though I expect Tintin not to do well domestically, you'd think that even if it was an original story per se a la Avatar, to most people, especially women and the older crowd, will never see this as more than a kid's movie, which at its heart, I'm not sure that it is.

So, this movie's audiences is going to end up being hugely narrow unless word of mouth spreads...

Well, being in a top film studio - they brought us in one day and let us ask any questions we had - one was about box office. Turns out that the overseas box office is A LOT more important than the domestic box office which for studios that money mainly comes from home video releases. Basically overseas carries a lot more weight than domestic box office. I don't fully understand it. But, that's what they told us.
i belive that they told you this. but they made a mistake. if the studio gets a bigger % from the domestic BO then i think domestic is more important :yay:

i hhope TinTin will be popular . i need to see a Peter jackson TinTin movie.

The movie is opening terribly in the US, good thing it's overseas BO gross is strong.

The last Narnia movie and Yogi bear had terrible openings also but somehow both made over 100mil domestic.December releases do that

Both movies had bigger opening weekends than Tintin. And both movies didn't open stateside in the US on X-mas weekend.

Also Narnia's US gross was pretty terrible for the franchise considering what the first one managed to do.

Both movies had bigger opening weekends than Tintin. And both movies didn't open stateside in the US on X-mas weekend.

Also Narnia's US gross was pretty terrible for the franchise considering what the first one managed to do.

Christmas Eve has always been of the worst days for box office. It's Christmas and after when the box office picks up.

Off to see this today. Review soon!

Finally saw the film, gotta say it was a bit underwhelming, it really seemed to drag on at times although it did improve toward the end. The animation was a bit weird to look at first, something very unsettling about the design style they went for. Overall it wasn't a bad film by any means, but just didn't really hit any high marks.

6/10

Finally saw the film, gotta say it was a bit underwhelming, it really seemed to drag on at times although it did improve toward the end. The animation was a bit weird to look at first, something very unsettling about the design style they went for. Overall it wasn't a bad film by any means, but just didn't really hit any high marks.

6/10
I'm going to kill you.

Shoot away, ain't gonna change my mind.

High or unrealistic expectations can always ruin a movie...I'm quite sure this was the case for you.

At least tell me you saw this in 3D?

I hate 3D and no I didn't have high expectation for this film, in fact I had no idea what to expect given I didn't really take much notice of the development of the film. I call it like I see it.

Animation was fantastic, but the film dragged for me...I think it could have been much better.

I hate 3D and no I didn't have high expectation for this film, in fact I had no idea what to expect given I didn't really take much notice of the development of the film. I call it like I see it.
I litterally have no interest in the film and your review of the film is exactly my review of the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"