The Adventures of Tintin - Part 1

I honestly think this movie is extremely enjoyable and John Williams score makes the film for me. It would be nothing without his music.

I hope for the sequel Jackson won't switch over to Shore instead of Williams.

Great movie. I still can't believe Red Rackham was Craig.

I honestly think this movie is extremely enjoyable and John Williams score makes the film for me. It would be nothing without his music.

I hope for the sequel Jackson won't switch over to Shore instead of Williams.
Secret of the Unicorn is a Spielberg film and the sequel is going to be Jackson's, right? Then why can't he add some of his flavors to the Tintin universe?

is it just me or are there parts of this that look LIVE-ACTION when watching it on blu-ray?

I know the artistic freedom is practically limitless, but sometimes I wonder "if they are making things so real... why don't they just use a real object for that particular scene?".

Doesn't seem like anyone is in a rush to make this sequel.

I know the artistic freedom is practically limitless, but sometimes I wonder "if they are making things so real... why don't they just use a real object for that particular scene?".

To push CGI to make it look even more real? :huh:

Secret of the Unicorn is a Spielberg film and the sequel is going to be Jackson's, right? Then why can't he add some of his flavors to the Tintin universe?
His film-making is obviously very different from Spielberg's so his film-making will add its own flavors.

The original Star Wars trilogy is directed by different directors, but Williams Score unifies them and adds continuity.

And plus Williams has established so many different themes and motifs, it would be great to see their continuation. His Tintin theme is a classic.

Yeah. He has a licensed gun and was a darn good shot in the film I would say.

the idea of a teenager having his own flat and a career in journalism that he seemingly never gets paid for (and he has no boss apparently) is strange!

i dunno if i need the Tintin movies to feel super unified. i love Howard Shore's stuff, i think he'd do great, but PJ has also worked with James Newton Howard (King Kong), so that could be another good option. or, sure, just use John Williams again. it's all good.

or Brian Eno, lol, that'd be weird. i keep forgetting he did The Lovely Bones (or maybe it's cuz i keep repressing that movie from my memory).

I think personally John Williams should return for any future sequels. The theme was great but I wish they would have incorporated the theme from the 90's cartoon!

I think personally John Williams should return for any future sequels. The theme was great but I wish they would have incorporated the theme from the 90's cartoon!

Me too! That theme was flawless!! Can't wait to learn who they get to cast as Professor Calculus and to see what stories they can weave into a full movie.

I reckon how cool would it have been if Hergé when he was alive actually went back and updated the artwork for his first couple stories especially the Land of the Soviets. And how funny would it have been if Spielberg and Jackson actually paid homage by shooting such a scene of how he got his trademark hairdo.

the idea of a teenager having his own flat and a career in journalism that he seemingly never gets paid for (and he has no boss apparently) is strange!

I don't know if he's meant to be a teenager or more like a young man in his early 20s.

I think he's meant to be in his 20's. At least in the movie he seemed to be. I never read the original comics and don't know a lot of the details about it.

Never saw his age mentioned in comics, unless it's in the first comic, one not adapted to animation, and I haven't read either
My father said he's 16, he introduced us to TinTin comics, and comics in general
The movie doesn't make him look older than the comics

I never got the impression from the comics that he was only a teenager but in his early 20s.

I thought he was in his early 20s too. He's so independent.

Peter Jackson Says He’ll Make the TINTIN Sequel After He Finishes THE HOBBIT Trilogy

When director Steven Spielberg’s animated pic The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn was first announced, Spielberg and producer Peter Jackson made it clear that their intention was to switch roles on a proposed sequel, with Jackson then taking the helm as director and Spielberg assuming the role of producer. Though not a massive success domestically, Tintin did swell business overseas, raking in a worldwide total of $373.9 million. We’ve been hearing from both Spielberg and Jackson that they still plan on making the Tintin sequel for the past couple of years now, but production has yet to begin. The latest we heard was from Spielberg earlier this year, who said they were hoping to have the follow-up ready for a 2015 release.
So what’s the holdup? Well you can chalk it up to Jackson expanding his The Hobbit adaptation to three films. The director recently provided an update on Tintin, revealing that he plans on moving back on to Tintin once he’s finished with The Hobbit. Hit the jump to read on.
adventures-of-tintin-sequel-peter-jacksonSpeaking with BadTaste.it (via CS) at the premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Jackson said progress on the Tintin sequel will resume once he’s finished with The Hobbit:
“As soon as I’m free of The Hobbit, I’ll be going back into doing Tintin. It was held up by The Hobbit, but we have every intention of doing another Tintin movie and it’s just waiting on me to be done with these Hobbit movies.”
The initial plan was to film the performance capture portion of the Tintin sequel earlier this year before Jackson went into post-production on Smaug, but that was derailed when Jackson had to go back into additional filming on The Hobbit in order to expand the adaptation into a trilogy. Given that Jackson went back for additional filming on all three Lord of the Rings films, there will likely be a small bit of pickups for The Hobbit: There and Back Again next year, but if for some reason there’s not, it’s possible that Jackson could squeeze a month of Tintin shooting into his schedule at some point. But that’s a big “if”.
Judging by his comments here, it sounds like Tintin won’t be picking back up again until after the release of There and Back Again next December, so the earliest release window for a Tintin sequel now seems to be 2016 given the extensive amount of post-production needed to render and animate the performance capture portions of the film.

http://collider.com/peter-jackson-tintin-2-sequel-the-hobbit/

The Script For The Next Tintin Movie Has Just Been Finished
No ambiguity there. Well, except for in respect of Spielberg’s role.

Screenwriter Antony Horowitz Reveals Script For Next 'Tintin' Is Done
Kevin Jagernauth said:
Speaking with the Daily Mail, novelist and screenwriter Antony Horowtiz provided an update on the his work on the sequel, the tentatively titled "The Adventures Of Tintin: Prisoners Of The Sun." "I’ve just finished writing the new Tintin film for Steven Spielberg," he revealed. And that's it. (And note, Spielberg is a producer on the movie, and directed the first installment).

Doesn't seem like there's a strong desire to do a Tintin movie after the last one.

TinTin was on TV and i rewatched. this was such an entertaining adventure movie.

the photorealistic stylized ''caricature'' look still holds up 3 years later.

we need the sequel. lets hope Peter Jackson will direct

Jackson Working On "Tintin 2," Spielberg Project

By Garth Franklin Thursday June 30th 2016 01:07PM
Hard to believe but it has been five years since Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson teamed up to adapt Herge's "The Adventures of Tintin" into a CG animated mo-cap features. Scoring good reviews, the film was only a soft opener in the states with $77.5 million, but in the rest of the world which grew up on the comic the film managed a further $296 million - certainly enough for a sequel to go into production.
However that hasn't happened. Jackson was to direct the film which it was thought would be based on "The Seven Crystal Balls"/"Prisoners of the Sun" two-parter, but instead opted to tackle the "The Hobbit" trilogy. With that all over back in late 2014, it remains surprising that we've yet to hear anything further which has prompted concern the project had been cancelled.
Speaking with The New Zealand Herald this weekend, Spielberg talked about his future collaborations with Peter Jackson and confirmed that the "Tintin" follow-up is still on but he's doing something else first: "Peter was so busy with 'The Hobbit' that it took him away from 'Tintin' and he's doing another film for my company now. It's a secret, nobody knows about it. Then after that he'll do 'Tintin.'"
Jackson has long been excited about doing a new take on "The Dam Busters," but he was only going to produce that project.

I will believe the sequel will happen when I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"