Edge of Tomorrow - Part 1

God this movie rules. I use Paxton's quote of "Tip of the spear, edge of the knife, crack of my ass!" an unreasonable amount. Do I try to do the accent? Of course.

I particularly loved the ending of this movie with how Cruise looks at Blunt and then the credits song just starts

This movie had aged like fine wine. Sure makes me miss Bill Paxton.

If the mimics have the same power to reset time and the day...how can they even lose?

Also, why would Brigham assign Cage, a public affairs officer with no combat experience, into a war on the frontlines with real experienced soldiers? That seems massively stupid. In the book and comic, Keiji was already a recruit for the SDF and they didn't have this contrived and convoluted setup to put him on the battlefield.

I don't get why you would make a sequel to this. The first movie didn't really do a great job of explaining its ending. Quit while you are ahead. Not everything needs a sequel.

Is the first movie an entertaining action film? Yes it is. But so is Oblivion. What do you even do with a sequel? The movie came out 10 years ago. It didn't even make that much money.

The first movie is awesome so if the same creative team came back I would be more than down for a sequel.

They've been discussing this movie for over a decade now.

I didn't feel that there was any need for this to have a sequel, so I too prefer he does more original stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"