Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Part 2

Watching this film again last night does it occur to anyone that the apes in the movie are way too big compared to their real world counterparts? Seeing Caesar walk next to Franco he's only a foot smaller at most, Franco being close to 6ft means Caesar is close to 5ft whereas real chimps only get to 4ft maximum. You could say this was due to the ALZ12 in his system but even the apes not exposed to ALZ13 where of similar size to Caesar. Do think this was a conscious choice by the director, easier for the CG team or just a mistake?

a stylistic choice so they could do more bigger action scenes in the third act.

It works in regards to showcasing the beginning of the evolution. I think they did it to show how the stuff affected his physicality as well. He's more or less a mutant among apes.

Probably a combination of stylistic choice and show the effects of the drugs. With the amount of research all these people do its certainly not a mistake. Kind of like the Velciraptors in Jurassic Park, they're way bigger than their real life counterparts

Don't remind me of that. It still hurts to know that one of my favorite dinosaurs is the size of a chicken.

They could still **** you up if they ganged up on you.

They could still **** you up if they ganged up on you.

That in itself is not saying much. My impression of most Hype members is that a gang of actual turkeys could **** them up.

Total Film asks one half of the movie's writing/production team what elements from the original Apes saga will inform the sequel, and while Jaffa remains tight lipped on plot details, he does address the above issue..

"I don't foresee that. But it's interesting you should ask that, because it's the one big element that we made a conscious decision not to explore in the first one, and we were worried that there might be some backlash in the science fiction community because of it. When the story first came together we were very, very excited, and yet before we pitched it, I thought, 'The one thing missing though is time travel. But it's not necessary for this particular telling'. And I don't really foresee it, to tell you the truth."

I knew they were smaller but...a chicken?!?! Childhood shattered. :csad:

If it makes you feel any better, the Urahraptor is much much bigger.

Utahraptor_scale.png

I knew they were smaller but...a chicken?!?! Childhood shattered. :csad:

I realize the "velociraptors" in Jurassic Park were genetically engineered, so their lack of resemblance to actual velociraptors could be explained away, but I still can't figure out why they didn't just choose a real species of dinosaur that was actually that size. There are several to choose from.

If it makes you feel any better, the Urahraptor is much much bigger.

Utahraptor_scale.png

I wonder what that guy in the diagram is waving about.

"Dude, stop waving at the camera and look behind you!" :eek:

Raptor is just a scarier name. And it's become more synonymous with "awesome dinosaur" than t-rex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"