Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Part 2

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65801

Twentieth Century Fox has set a June 24, 2011 release for Rise of the Apes, a completely new take on one of the studio's most beloved and successful franchises. Oscar®-winning visual effects house Weta Digital – employing certain of the groundbreaking technologies developed for Avatar – will render, for the first time ever in the film series, photo-realistic apes rather than costumed actors.

Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce for Chernin Entertainment under its new pact with Fox. Acclaimed filmmaker Rupert Wyatt (The Escapist) is directing from a screenplay by Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa, who also are producing.

Rise of the Apes (tentative title) is an origin story in the truest sense of the term. Set in present day San Francisco, the film is a reality-based cautionary tale, a science fiction/science fact blend, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.

Disney•Pixar's Cars 2 is also scheduled for a June 24, 2011 release.

I would like to see Tim Roth in an Apes movie one day as a simian lie detector. His name could be Dr Cal Lightmonkey.

The extended clip shows that Caesar looks CGI, you can really tell when he hits the car,
it doesn't bother me too much, but let's say CGI is still not flawless.

The make up in the previous Movie was amazing, but the jumps with cables were terrible, so each technique has its own difficulties.

Yes, he definitely looks CGI. There's just a certain quality about him that isn't completely realistic. The previous movie at least didn't take you out of the movie in that respect.

neither does this movie:dry:

i think this movie will surprise people

Last edited:
TV spots are making it seem better&better to me,The CGI sure ain't perfect like I thought it would be after looking at the first shot......But still don't ruins anything for me!!!

It surprises me that the film is only $90 million in budget.

Notice Caesar in the clip is playing around with a Statue of Liberty toy.

This movie looks okay I guess, but I just can't help but feel like I've pretty much seen the whole thing in the previews. Anyone else feel that way?

I remember reading somewhere that the apes aren't going to talk, or Caeser is only going to have one line of dialogue. I think it would be cool if that one line was a nod to the older films. For example, it would be cool if Redneck Malfoy or someone else came after Caeser and said they were going to dissect him and study him and Caeser was like, "You'll take no stinking part of me, you damned dirty human."

if he has one line it should be to Franco's character at the end.

If he throws it in a sandbox I will walk out of the film. lol.

I hope it lands with part of it sticking out of the sand.

Also, the one line of dialogue that Caesar should have is "take your stinkin' paws off me you damn dirty human!" Even though I think one of the apes said that in the previous Planet of the Apes movie.

Just saw the clip with Draco's character. Dude's sleazeball American accent is decent. You can get hints of his previous character though.

I have one problem with this movie...and it is that the CG sucks.

Well actually it's really good...but it is CLEARLY CGI. I'm completely taken aback by what looks like a good movie due to seeing what is clearly a bunch of glossy CG apes that do not fit in with everything else.

The reason Davy Jones and the Na'vi look so photorealistic is because we have no real counterpart to compare them to. But seeing as we know what real apes look like, the digital ones in this movie just don't do it for me. Why couldn't they have just used real apes and animatronics with CG for only the necessary shots?

Because it is clearly digital, there is no weight there. Harry and the Hendersons look more realistic than this. No lie.

are you serious:huh:

the cgi looks breathtaking especially Caeser

Why couldn't they have just used real apes and animatronics with CG for only the necessary shots?

if read the recent interview with the director you will know why

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"