Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Part 2

I think Franco's a good actor and I kinda thought he got too much flack for the Oscar thing (the hosts suck almost every year) but his comments here are just asinine. If the movie comes out and is a critical and financial bomb, then yeah, have at it... but coming out and admitting that you were just cashing a paycheck before it even hits theaters certainly doesn't make me interested in seeing your movie.

On the other hand, maybe I should thank him for saving me a few bucks.

I thought the CGI, looks real enough not to be a distraction. I saw a trailer for it that ran before Capt. America & from that trailer...it looks great. And the story of how hes looked as an outcast & slowly starts the revolt is diff. from any other trailer i saw on the net.

I've been hearing people say "we gotta see that" whenever I see commercials or trailers, so it may be tracking pretty good. It's a summer blockbuster, so hey.

I've been hearing people say "we gotta see that" whenever I see commercials or trailers, so it may be tracking pretty good. It's a summer blockbuster, so hey.

I think it has potential to be in top 10 at the end of the year when all is said & done for Fox.

I agree, the CGI is a mess. This movie makes "Congo" look like a masterpiece. I think there are some shots of Caesar that look incredible, but any time there is more than 1 ape in the shot, it looks pretty awful.

False.

riseuktrailer-568x220.jpg

My main problem with the effect so far is that theres just something off with the movement on some of the non-caesar apres when they are jumping around. Seems like they are moving to fast or theres weird blurryness to it. Kind of like watching a cg animated movie on an HD tv at Best Buy, how it always looks kind of off.

Impressions are flooding in from various screenings atm

trend seems to be overwhelming positivity

Well that was unexpected. Maybe I will go see this then if the positive reaction continues.

It's looking good for the film now,IF this becomes a success with critics and even do decent at the box-office.....Then Franco will end up coming off even more of a *****e!!

The Comic-Con trailer is awesome,The very end is indeed a spoiler But I don't think that guy is a big character and either way it kinda gave me goosebumps!!!

I'm to hear that this is getting good reviews. :up:

I think it looks good. Or at least the latest trailer makes it look good. I certainly want to see it. I think it will do surprisingly well.

But Franco needs to shut it. Critics DO tend to notice when an actor gives a good performance in a crappy movie. And a strong lead can turn a Meh movie into a Good movie. Or a Good movie into a Great one. If the critics go after him, it IS his fault.

The first trailer i saw i thought it looked pretty crappy with a long title.

Then today i saw the trailer with Captain America showing the chimp aspect of it and it was actually quite touching because it personally amazes me how the 1% difference between our DNA is responsible for the vast difference between us as species. I think it has the potential to be a really great film now!

It does show how Tom Felton's character dies

The hose is turned on him and he's pushed into some electrical wiring or his prod mixed with water kills him

These movies where the human's lose always puts me in a depressing mode.

Well, the truth is something that all humans dread. We are NOT the top dog in the yard. If you even gave a gorilla or a three foot chimp any type of human intelligence, we'd be f**ked.

I might see this. The trailer looks pretty good, I think.

Believe it or not, I've never seen the previous POTA films in their entirity, just a few scenes from each, IIRC. I should watch the originals, sometime.

The effects look MUCH better in the third act trailer. :up:....also I hope this film gets great reviews and Franco's words bite him in the ass when the critics attribute the film's success to everyone but him

Anybody know how tall Caesar is suppose to be?,I created him in a wrestling game where it actually looks like him and even in his entrance he walks/poses similar like he does in the trailers and so I don't want to make him too short or too tall!(I made him 6 feet)

What's all this talk about Franco? What did he say exactly?

Top of last page

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-jamesfrancotre76k7fw-20110721,0,338128.story

The unsettling thing is that Franco starts hitting many of the same notes when he talks about his upcoming film "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."

He says he "doesn't feel the same way" about the film that he feels about "Milk" or "127 Hours"...that he doesn't think of "Apes" as showing off his creativity...and that reshoots pushed the film in the direction of more action and less character development.

"I was just doing my job," he says, and later adds, "I was an actor for hire."

And then he adds, "critics will be out to kill this movie and blame me for it."

Hear that, critics? "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," it seems, belongs in the same category as the last Oscar show: if it isn't good, it isn't James Franco's fault.

Anybody know how tall Caesar is suppose to be?,I created him in a wrestling game where it actually looks like him and even in his entrance he walks/poses similar like he does in the trailers and so I don't want to make him too short or too tall!(I made him 6 feet)

Chimps are like what 4 feet tall tops?

Chimps are not big, they can climb all over a normal sized human. They're just strong.

i kinda want to see this :awesome:

At first, I was skeptical, but as I'm seeing more footage, I really want to see this. It looks very interesting.

i think franco's honesty is fantastic. hollywood is always this annoyingly plastic sea of b.s. smiles and hollow hustling. it's great to hear franco being real about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"