Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Part 2

The unsettling thing is that Franco starts hitting many of the same notes when he talks about his upcoming film "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."

He says he "doesn't feel the same way" about the film that he feels about "Milk" or "127 Hours"...that he doesn't think of "Apes" as showing off his creativity...and that reshoots pushed the film in the direction of more action and less character development.

"I was just doing my job," he says, and later adds, "I was an actor for hire."

And then he adds, "critics will be out to kill this movie and blame me for it."

Hear that, critics? "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," it seems, belongs in the same category as the last Oscar show: if it isn't good, it isn't James Franco's fault.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-jamesfrancotre76k7fw-20110721,0,338128.story

Well thats it folks......

Its kind of weird that an actor would say that. Talk about negative publicity for a movie, I assume Fox is not amused.

idk I get if you didnt like how the movie turned out, but idk maybe it's just my personality but I wouldnt badmouth my own movie like that before it even came out

are you serious:huh:

the cgi looks breathtaking especially Caeser

Then why can I CLEARLY tell it is CGI? It is not breathtaking, it is not seamless.

Ever heard of Davy Jones or the Na'vi? They are breathtaking.

Anyone with eyes can tell the apes are CG and are clearly not real apes! If I thought these apes were REAL and then learned it was CG then that would be considered breathtaking. That is not the case.

idk I get if you didnt like how the movie turned out, but idk maybe it's just my personality but I wouldnt badmouth my own movie like that before it even came out

I have respect for him for admitting that he only took the role for the paycheck. Better than Bay and Shia promising that Transformers 2 would be a great film and then after it is released admits they suckered the audience into a crapfest.

I agree...its a bit sleazy. Especially since the film hasn't come out yet.

I have respect for him for admitting that he only took the role for the paycheck. Better than Bay and Shia promising that Transformers 2 would be a great film and then after it is released admits they suckered the audience into a crapfest.
I don't. Thats a faux pas. He is not the only person working on a movie. There are hundreds of people who worked on this film and put effort in....then you have someone who is suppose to be on your team go out and say "the movie sucks guys and its not my fault". If the movie really sucks we would all find out eventually after critics panned it but there is no need for that to come out of his mouth. It shows lack of respect for his coworkers, imo.

Then why can I CLEARLY tell it is CGI? It is not breathtaking, it is not seamless.

Ever heard of Davy Jones or the Na'vi? They are breathtaking.

Anyone with eyes can tell the apes are CG and are clearly not real apes! If I thought these apes were REAL and then learned it was CG then that would be considered breathtaking. That is not the case.

I agree, the CGI is a mess. This movie makes "Congo" look like a masterpiece. I think there are some shots of Caesar that look incredible, but any time there is more than 1 ape in the shot, it looks pretty awful.

But I felt the same way about Avatar. Close-up shots of blue Jake look great, but far away shots look like blue, lifeless Gumbi

Why didn't they use actors in makeup like Burton's movie,because that looked a million times better?

I'll be surprised if this movie makes more than $40 million opening weekend, I'll be surprised.

Why didn't they use actors in makeup like Burton's movie,because that looked a million times better?

the actors in Burton's movie and the previous ones were more "Ape-men" not just talking apes.

A guy in an ape suit no matter how well done would've been silly because ROTPOTA is supposed to be the beginning of what would turn into those creatures.

I wasn't too thrilled with Tim Burton's ape movie so I'm holding off on this one unless I hear good reviews on it otherwise it's straight to HBO for me on this one.

the actors in Burton's movie and the previous ones were more "Ape-men" not just talking apes.

A guy in an ape suit no matter how well done would've been silly because ROTPOTA is supposed to be the beginning of what would turn into those creatures.

exactly thank you

these are real apes in movements not ape men like the originals no human can replicate the mannerisms and movements of a real ape

And Caesar isn't supposed to look exactly like a real ape, he's been genetically altered. He's going to look a little off.

The good thing about using CGI Apes is that PETA won't have to be enraged at the filmmakers for abuse of actual chimps.

Wow... I'm surprised Franco is openly trashing this movie.

I mean seriously James... your rep already took a major hit over the Oscar thing... and it's not like you're always "showing off your creativity" as an actor, unless I missed something really significant in Your Highness.

Man Franco sucks for doing that... at least have respect for all the other people who might be working their asses off on this film.. Even if it turns out to be ****, at least shut up if you have nothing nice to say... what a jack ass

Franco seems like he's always beyond being just a an actor. Like he's doing films like your highness and apes to support his true calling higher education.

And Caesar isn't supposed to look exactly like a real ape, he's been genetically altered. He's going to look a little off.

This movie needs more cg ape ballsacks.

I can see why they chose to do CGI apes, they need to be able to do a lot more than humans in ape-suits can do... Just look at the trailers and clips where you see apes swinging around, climbing buildings, jumping on helicopters, etc... I get it. I'm just saying that it looks pretty bad. Weta has done much better before, but that was when they only needed to work on 1 giant ape instead of 100 normal sized apes.

Ah James what an idiot. No matter how much you don't like the movie, you don't trash it openly like that especially with hundreds of people working the butts off. From seeing the trailers and what not he deserves to get ripped because he is lifeless. The actual movie may be different but I wouldn't count on it.

No matter how bad this movie gets trashed by critics (or cast members).I'm still going to see it mostly because I love the Apes franchise.I just hope for the best.

I think that this movie is going to be s**t eventhough the latest trailer is excellent (Fox almost always cuts good trailers for their movies, bad or good) but Franco (who looks to be giving an awful performance if one goes by the previews) needs to shut the hell up. It's wrong to trash your movie before it even comes out. Other people worked on that film.

He sounds like a pathetic spoiled little twrip. I'm slowly but surely begining to dislike him. He's overexposed, still blaming everyone but himself for that Oscar hosting debacle and continues to choose crappy films. I'm damn near done with his weed infested smug ass.

I think that this movie is going to be s**t eventhough the latest trailer is excellent (Fox almost always cuts good trailers for their movies, bad or good) but Franco (who looks to be giving an awful performance if one goes by the previews) needs to shut the hell up. It's wrong to trash your movie before it even comes out. Other people worked on that film.

He sounds like a pathetic spoiled little twrip. I'm slowly but surely begining to dislike him. He's overexposed, still blaming everyone but himself for that Oscar hosting debacle and continues to choose crappy films. I'm damn near done with his weed infested smug ass.

You may as well say you're done with Hollywood period, then.

^Not every person who smokes weed lets it bleed into their performances like he does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"