Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Part 2

nocaesarno_yw7p95b3.gif

Last edited:
nocaesarno_yw7p95b3-avvy.gif

Took it and made a gif avvy, I didnt get everything on purpose and kinda think it looks like he's saying "baloo" or "balloon"

I had chills in the theater when Caesar stood up and screamed "no!" Great moment!

Yeah, it was easily the holy crap moment of the year.

My theater went completely silent when Caesar said no.

As it should have!

I was watching a special feature on the DVD and one of the guys who wrote the movie said they centered the whole thing around that moment.

They also said they'd like to come back to the Icarus if they get to do another one

I love the gorrilla's expression when he says that.

Yeah, I really did too. He had such a strong visceral reaction. It was almost as if he couldn't quite grasp the significance of what had just happened, but understood it was a pretty big deal.

Also, that orangutan looked awesome. Probably the best-looking effect in the movie. Just throwing that out there since I saw the movie recently, but haven't had a chance to comment on it yet.

Im gonna be honest and say I thought the Orang was real for the longest time

I had chills in the theater when Caesar stood up and screamed "no!" Great moment!

I knew it was coming as I had read it on here and I STILL got chills at that moment, amazing scene.

Great film. Hope the sequel is as good and delves into the transition of superiority from Humans to Apes.

Why do you keep randomly jumping from topic to topic? Are you high?

To be honest, I was kind of confused why you brought up "I am Legend".
I assumed you ment that it had a black lead. But Will Smith is the black lead for alot of movies. And he generally plays the generic "oh hells yea!" kind of black guy you would typically see in a Michael Bay type movie. To have a female Asain as the main love interest in a mainstream pop-corn movie and a black, British fellow as the rich, clever bussiness serving as the bad guy is highly unusual. When you think about it, for such a mainstream American movie, None really I can think of.

If I have missed something here and you are talking about something diffrent, that's probably your fault, not mine. replying with a movie title alone is incredibly vague.

Last edited:
As it should have!

I was watching a special feature on the DVD and one of the guys who wrote the movie said they centered the whole thing around that moment.

Cool, especially since the word 'NO' is the forbidden word/ outlawed in Battle of the Planet of the Apes.

They also said they'd like to come back to the Icarus if they get to do another one

I hope all they show is the search party being sent after Taylor and crew; the ones that crash land in Beneath the Planet of the Apes. I don't want them to muck up the original movies timeline too much.

Why aren't there any Gibbons in POTA? They're a species of ape too! Are all the other apes racist or something? :oldrazz:

Just watched this movie and it was very good. Much better than the trailers let on.

I'm interested in where the sequel will go, especially how they didn't actually completely take over as I originally thought they would. Although the next ending did give a good idea as to how they will rise.

But I wonder when and where it will take place?

I recently watched all Ape movies and i am still shocked about what i saw and wanted to share.

What's funny is that i had never watched the old movies before,...

and i always thought of them as a campy series full of the American typical hero sh*** that saves the day in the end and everyone is cheering happily.

Ha Ha! I guess you are not familiar with films of the early 70's, particularly science fiction movies!

Seriously, I'm glad Rise has gotten some of you interested in visiting the originals! Planet of the Apes was my Star Wars before Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"