Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting caption. Provided that you don't have weird teeth, unusually large lips or a condition like prognathism, a strong jaw and chin will almost always make for a comic accurate Batman. This is especially true since the upper part of the face is mostly concealed. Whatever the case, Pattinson has the latter in spades!

I made the picture so my caption was meant to imply “holy smokes, this guy looks shockingly great” - I’ve done Nicholas Hoult (interesting) and Oliver Jackson-Cohen (fantastic) in the cowl, but Pattinson has an uncanny fit to every cowl I tried him in. He’s f’n Batman. Great actor, right age range, weird franchise to rehab himself from, perfect look, and enough actual name recognition to power the franchise. He’s got my vote.

I made the picture so my caption was meant to imply “holy smokes, this guy looks shockingly great” - I’ve done Nicholas Hoult (interesting) and Oliver Jackson-Cohen (fantastic) in the cowl, but Pattinson has an uncanny fit to every cowl I tried him in. He’s f’n Batman. Great actor, right age range, weird franchise to rehab himself from, perfect look, and enough actual name recognition to power the franchise. He’s got my vote.

It's a good manip. Well done! :up:

It's nice seeing some people come around on Batman & Robin, lol. I see it as one of the underrated comedies of the 90's, and always did :p

It's nice seeing some people come around on Batman & Robin, lol. I see it as one of the underrated comedies of the 90's, and always did :p
It's easier to accept Batman & Robin since we ultimately got the Nolan trilogy out of it. Had the Nolan trilogy never happened, I think B&R would still leave a bitter taste in people's mouths. Holding a grudge against it at this point is just sour grapes.

Batman & Robin is hilarious once you accept it for what it is. I have no shame in admitting that I watch it from time to time.

It's a disgrace of a film, whatever way it's seen.

Also, how big (tallness, and muscularity) do you see batman being? any flexibility to what you'd accept?

Batman & Robin is hilarious once you accept it for what it is. I have no shame in admitting that I watch it from time to time.
...surely you mean Batman Forever?

Years ago I tried giving B&R the benefit of the doubt, but it truly is an awful film under any lense. Only redeeming qualities for me are the Bruce/Alfred scenes and Uma's hammy performance.

...surely you mean Batman Forever?

Years ago I tried giving B&R the benefit of the doubt, but it truly is an awful film under any lense. Only redeeming qualities for me are the Bruce/Alfred scenes and Uma's hammy performance.
Nope, I honest to God enjoy the hell out of Batman & Robin.

Let's be clear though. I'm laughing at the movie because of how awful it is. It is by no stretch of the imagination a good movie.

So ATJ is out of the running. He’s in the Kingsman prequel.

Can't relate on TDKR, but on the other stuff, I feel the same way.

I wish I enjoyed TDKR as much as plenty of people do on here. But I just can't :csad:

Batman & Robin is good for a laugh. I'm a sucker for hilariously bad movies.

Was anyone really interested in a Kingsman prequel anyway?

I don't think I'm as afraid of anything as y'all are of a 22-year-old twink starring in Netflix romcoms.

Years ago I tried giving B&R the benefit of the doubt, but it truly is an awful film under any lense.

Psh, n00b.

Forever's better, there's actually a really good movie buried somewhere in there even with all its flaws, but B&R's a blast. And not in an ironic hipster way.

Ahnuld, Adam-West-Meets-neon-gay-nightclub tone, Smashing Pumpkins, what the hell's not to love? :)

B&R is the worst film ever to be made. Simple as. It is everything that a Batman should not be. JS can apologise as many times as he likes, it needs burying in the deepest, shallowest pit ever created (and not the Lazarus pit either) and simply put there to die.

Charlie Cox has a too distinguishable nose (which oddly was barely even covered in DD), and more importantly: we already had a Daredevil as Batman.

I dunno.

B&R is the worst film ever to be made. Simple as. It is everything that a Batman should not be. JS can apologise as many times as he likes, it needs burying in the deepest, shallowest pit ever created (and not the Lazarus pit either) and simply put there to die.

Uma was pretty in it.

@Mando

Zr9Nh73.jpg

I kind of don't want someone who already did their time as a superhero. Like, I think Nicholas Hoult would probably do fine, but I would lose a little excitement if it was like "Hey, the guy who's worn blue fur on-and-off for the past eight years is Batman now."

Maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"