Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Bell is hot now. He can play Batman.

VECf5Z3.png

SXnQnlG.png

Armie Hammer as Batman
Ansel Elgort as Robin
Daniel Craig as Alfred Pennyworth
Brad Pitt as Commissioner Gordon
Robert Pattinson as The Joker
Eiza Gonzalez as Catwoman
Jack Huston as Harvey Dent
Jonah Hill as The Penguin
Lakeith Stanfield as The Riddler

Chalamet would be a great Robin but there would be too many jokes if Armie was also Batman

After thinking about it, Armie is probably the best of the younger options

I've got your Joker right here.

caleblj-2510.jpg

So I’m the only one who doesn’t like Eiza Gonzales for Catwoman?

Who is this young man and how long has he been possessed by Willem Dafoe

I think he’s more of a Brad Dourif.

Caleb Landry Jones. He played the brother in Get Out, and he was quite memorable (and creepy) in his limited role in that film. Very talented guy.

Joaquin Phoenix for the Joker! :woot:

Seriously though. If they're going the prequel route. **** it. Just make Joaquin Phoenix the Joker for this new Batman for one movie. If Joker makes huge waves and everyone loves his performance, I'm sure they can wave enough cash Joaquin's way to get him to appear one more time.

Last edited:

This young man appears in 3 of the Oscar nominated movies this year (The Florida Project, Get Out, Three Billboards).

And in American Made. He was in 4 of the best films of the 2017. Come on...

I think a younger Batman lends less credibility to the idea of Phoenix being the Joker in Reeves’ movie

It wouldn't surprise me if Reeves decides to not even use The Joker in his film/s. You've got Joaquin Phoenix doing a stand-alone Elseworlds film. You've got Jared Leto doing Suicide Squad 2 at the very least (WB seems pretty insistent that he's sticking around). Can't imagine they'd throw a third Joker into the fold.

I think a younger Batman lends less credibility to the idea of Phoenix being the Joker in Reeves’ movie

Hope so. Unless Matt decides he doesn't want to use Joker at all for his set of movies (assuming he does a trilogy), which I think is a mistake. I can't see them having a 3rd actor play The Joker within the span of 10 years. Just use Phoenix!

Also people complaining about Joker not needing an origin, I could see the end of that movie or at least a part of that movie adapting/made in the spirit of the line "If have to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!" where this could just be one of many origins. Leaving it open for Joaquin to appear whenever and wherever in the new Batfilm.

Caleb Landry Jones. He played the brother in Get Out, and he was quite memorable (and creepy) in his limited role in that film. Very talented guy.
I watched a clip of him from Get Out and it honestly sold me on the idea. :funny:
He’s intense and creepy and he definitely has a look that would work for Joker.

It wouldn't surprise me if Reeves decides to not even use The Joker in his film/s. You've got Joaquin Phoenix doing a stand-alone Elseworlds film. You've got Jared Leto doing Suicide Squad 2 at the very least (WB seems pretty insistent that he's sticking around). Can't imagine they'd throw a third Joker into the fold.

I was thinking the same.
I can’t imagine Reeves or any director wanting to use a character that’s already being played by two other actors.

Agreed. I'd only see Reeves going for Joker if he wanted to do something like "A Death in the Family"- but if his trilogy starts off with Bruce this early into his career as Batman, I'm skeptical that he'll be able to introduce Dick as Robin, develop him all the way into becoming Nightwing and introduce and develop Jason in his stint as Robin too in less than three films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"