Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batfleck’s digitized voice sounded fine to me.

Me too.

Even as Bruce Wayne, Affleck had a more "masculine" voice. And that was not what i remarked in his career as an actor. Like Boom said, those actors has coach and so on, and if Reeves want ATJ, you can be sure, he will have "the voice"

Actors in their late 20s

Joe Alwyn - 28
aNVMww9.jpg

Tom Bateman - 29
fdmXHG2.jpg

Taron Egerton - 29
FMn8TSY.jpg

Alden Ehrenreich - 29
B7A0487.jpg

Nicholas Hoult - 29
1vsMlXk.jpg

Josh Hutcherson - 26
l38LydL.jpg

Jeremy Irvine - 28
PCLSbPf.jpg

Logan Lerman - 27
Z27IwvR.jpg

Alexander Ludwig - 26
MPmJfNz.jpg

Jack O'Connell - 28
QqFVh3s.jpg

Alex Pettyfer - 28
9gjF84c.jpg

Aaron Taylor-Johnson - 28
Mh7NuWg.jpg

Callum Turner - 29
JNWo6Q2.jpg

Jack Reynor - 27
Pq8zSNA.jpg

Many different Bruce Waynes :ebr:
Some of these choices are simply laughable.

I'm not against a digitized voice but if an actor can do a Keaton or Conroy type voice on his own, then I'd much rather have that.

I'm not against a digitized voice but if an actor can do a Keaton or Conroy type voice on his own, then I'd much rather have that.
Agreed. Great voice-acting is an underrated talent. I wish there were more live-action actors (besides Daniel Day-Lewis) who could alter their voices the way some voice actors like Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker do on a regular basis. I mean, you listen to Smith's Batman voice in Arkham Origins, and dude sounds absolutely nothing like that in real life. Ideally, a live-action Bruce Wayne could pull off a similar dichotomy. But if not, as I said, there's nothing wrong with a voice modulator. It makes total sense to use one from an in-story perspective.

See, I thought Bale's voice in Begins was great in places. One of my favorite scenes from the trilogy is still the one where he interrogates Flass in the alleyway. The tampering with the register in the sequels made it borderline spoof for me. One way to fix that....don't write a lot of dialogue for Batman. He's not supposed to be chatty.

Bale's best Batman voice wasn't even when he was Batman. It's when he first arrives at Ra's al Ghul's temple and gives his "I seek the means to fight injustice" line. He uses a hoarse whisper that would have worked great for Batman.

Last edited:
I'm extremely curious as to what Pattinson would do with the voice if he was cast. He always does interesting things with his voice, in fact he's the one that experiments the moat with it out of all the namea we've mentioned.

See, I thought Bale's voice in Begins was great in places. One of my favorite scenes from the trilogy is still the one where he interrogates Flass in the alleyway.

Well, me too. And Begins is my favorite live-action Bat-flick of the bunch.

But that scene's a very early-days Batman just starting out (first time he's been out in the real-deal suit from memory?), and Bale's Batman was always pretty much this blunt-force-trauma thug without much else going ton anyway.

I just don't see why a Batman in any other context than fresh-newbie would get so riled up over a mere drug bust and an arrogant mobster. It works with Bale's guy, but just hoping we get someone a little more...capable, sophisticated in our Bats this time around. Yeah yeah, we all want the badass ninja-kicks and totally single-handedly curbstomping a half-dozen armed mob guys in a fight, absolutely.

But then he can brush himself off, adjust his cape or whatever, walk over calmly to the head-honcho criminal dude and very calmly, arrogantly, "you're nothing"-ly assert himself as the goddamn Batman verbally without screaming, before hauling the guy off to dump outside Gotham Metro.

We got some of these vibes with Keaton & Kilmer (I guess even Clooney), but it'd be cool to take it a little further and get like a slightly-younger live-action take on what Conroy was going for here.

After all the rampant speculation, wouldn't it be funny if Reeves ended up going the Brandon Routh route of getting an almost complete unknown with only a few minor credits to their name?

After all the rampant speculation, wouldn't it be funny if Reeves ended up going the Brandon Routh route of getting an almost complete unknown with only a few minor credits to their name?
Even if he goes that route chances are we've mentioned him here because we've mentioned even guys that appeared only on one episode of Pretty Little Liars, telenovelas, and so on. We've really gone bottom of the barrell more than a few times.

But if Reeves can somehow find an unknown 26 year old that is handsome, not boyish, has a deep voice, is tall, not an *******, can stand the pressure, and has some absolutely superb acting range at the levels of Jake Gyllenhaal then that'll truly be a welcomed miracle.

Yeah. That's the whole thing, it's not impossible, but it's a tall order to get someone who can do it all. Especially at that age, and with an at least moderate sellable name quantity.

I don't think compromizing on some of it is a big deal, like if you find a guy who nails all of it but he's only 5'10, you know, **** it, make up with difference with big boots and crafty camera angles or whatever.

It's the personality and gravitas that's the prime important thing, and that "able to be taken seriously" factor sort of gets trickier the younger you go. You want 20s, but not a naive & precious has-never-taken-a-punch-in-real-life 20s. I guess handsome is a prerequesite for the playboy-Bruce aspect, but you can probably go too far in that direction too.

He's probably been brought up a bunch of times before, but revisiting Boardwalk Empire again pretty recently I'm kind of getting potential-Bruce/Bats vibes from Jack Huston there.

Probably a couple of years out of this younger range they're looking at, and he's not much of a "name" (stateside anyway, maybe in the UK), but kinda feel like that's one option that could really work. That introverted & unsettling Keaton-esque thing, with some traditional Bruce Wayne appearance, and can come off as convincingly dangerous and laser-focused.

Yeah. That's the whole thing, it's not impossible, but it's a tall order to get someone who can do it all. Especially at that age, and with an at least moderate sellable name quantity.

I don't think compromizing on some of it is a big deal, like if you find a guy who nails all of it but he's only 5'10, you know, **** it, make up with difference with big boots and crafty camera angles or whatever.

It's the personality and gravitas that's the prime important thing, and that "able to be taken seriously" factor sort of gets trickier the younger you go. You want 20s, but not a naive & precious has-never-taken-a-punch-in-real-life 20s. I guess handsome is a prerequesite for the playboy-Bruce aspect, but you can probably go too far in that direction too.
Dude
Literally the only reason they'd go towards an unknown is to find someone that can do it all. Otherwise you might as well just go with Jack O'Conell or some of the highly mentioned names if you're going to compromise on something because the problem with the currently mentioned names is that with all of them you have to make a compromise

Everything about Affleck worked in BVS, and almost nothing about him worked in Justice League. So weird.

Not weird at all, you had a competent director with BvS, you had a director with one hand tied behind his back on JL only for him to be dismissed and a parade of c*ck wombles destroy any fabric of continuity gained by a producer's remit and a studio's interference by drafting in another director with the purpose of destroying from the outside in.

Funny that Madden’s name has come back up amid this discussion on altering voices. I’m not sure how he would do with a deep, throaty Batman voice but he has altered his voice somewhat regularly throughout a lot of his work. He did kind of a general English accent in Game of Thrones and Bodyguard (if I’m remembering right), his natural Scottish accent in Ibiza and an American accent in Klondike and The Take. All sounded good but also, his Scottish accent has a bit of a higher pitch to it than the others, so he may be capable of lowering his voice to Batman level.

I guess I have a more forgiving ear when it comes to accents. I thought Madden's American accent was fine in Klondike and The Take, but pretty much everybody else I've spoken to thought it was abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"