Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddammit I hate the fact that there isn't anyone as obviously perfect for the role as Christian Bale was nowadays.

Sometimes a more dynamic actor with a wide range of acting capability like ATJ is better than a boring, conventional choice that's been in the conversation for 10 years who ain't that dynamic

Yeah... a dynamic actor with a wide range of capability is not an accurate description of ATJ

Yeah... a dynamic actor with a wide range of capability is not an accurate description of ATJ
Bro you're on record admitting not seeing many of his movies. Your argument is null and void until you take the time to consume his work. It's one thing to be dubious of acting range, it's entirely another to just plain not view material that is readily available to you.

This blind crusade you're on is incredibly bizarre.

Armie is a muscular Batman but one that can actually act and not to mention since The Lone Ranger and Social Network, Armie has become better as an actor. Armie Hammer just makes sense.
Armie can do comedy well as can be seen from movie "Mirror Mirror" (which will help him to act as Playboy Bruce Wayne)

Bro you're on record admitting not seeing many of his movies. Your argument is null and void until you take the time to consume his work. It's one thing to be dubious of acting range, it's entirely another to just plain not view material that is readily available to you.

This blind crusade you're on is incredibly bizarre.
Point me to a single performance of him where he makes his voice deeper.

I kinda don't even mind Taylor-Johnson all that much as an actor, he's kinda bland but not particularly offensive or anything.

But...in terms of Reeves looking at him for this? Kinda don't buy that for a second. Hammer either, but at least there I can kinda wrap my head around WB/DC being comfortable with putting that dude's name atop a poster as Batman. ATJ's just kinda "that guy the general audience has seen in various stuff and recogniz the face but not the name, and hasn't really done anything particularly impressive to stand out".

Again, I'm fine with either ATJ, Hoult, Hammer and Pattinson. I can see all of them gradually earn GA supports too.
Heck, Pattinson now a hot stuff in media just because he's working with Nolan.

tumblr_pg9i7hW2FA1qeo27wo5_400.gif

Goddammit I hate the fact that there isn't anyone as obviously perfect for the role as Christian Bale was nowadays.
i agree 100% pretty much every actor who i think would make a great batman is too old lol bale was the perfect age,look,size,and acting ability

Point me to a single performance of him where he makes his voice deeper.

You still can't be 100% sure he can't do it tho, since no recent character of his has required that, but he did change his accent and look for NA, which he was nominated for a few awards. He was also one of the best parts of Outlaw King. Jesus. We also don't know if Matt Reeves will go with that or even a voice change modulator thing. Bale's Batman voice became a joke, so eh. We shall see. BUT if by however unlikely he does get cast, ya'll is going to have to trust bald Reeves. lol

You still can't be 100% sure he can't do it tho, since no recent character of his has required that, but he did change his accent and look for NA, which he was nominated for a few awards. He was also one of the best parts of Outlaw King. Jesus. We also don't know if Matt Reeves will go with that or even a voice change modulator thing. Bale's Batman voice became a joke, so eh. We shall see. BUT if by however unlikely he does get cast, ya'll is going to have to trust bald Reeves. lol
Nocturnal Animals made me think that he COULDN'T play Batman. His voice in that (not the accent, but the actual pitch) is all kinds of wrong for Batman. I'm with Invader on this one.

Nocturnal Animals made me think that he COULDN'T play Batman. His voice in that (not the accent, but the actual pitch) is all kinds of wrong for Batman. I'm with Invader on this one.

Well, we are on the different side of things on this. Round and round we go. Being able to go with a deeper voice was never on my check list. Eh.

ATJ's voice is whatever, he just has no presence as an actor!

Having seen some clips from outlaw king i wouldnt be opposed to ATJ, he has range

Try to read Batman Ego or the final scene of TKJ with ATJ's voice.
It's impossible to not cringe or laugh upon that thought.

With respect, the spoiler info, i didn't understand... i haven't heard anything about that or know much. Could you please elaborate more pal?

I actually never heard that, or at least i don't remember - i always thought he was scheduled to be gl, also the green lantern one in bvs or jl i think it was, that test pilot, that was interesting but again, just rumour. Amazing what the internet does.
I wish i could, but i was just answering Invader Theory ;)

I am quite confident that ATJ has the capability of deepening his voice. Don't any of you guys ever try this for ****s and giggles? It is not difficult to do. These actors have access to the best dialect and vocal coaches in the world. This is as far removed from an actual issue as you can get.

He's a talented actor, he has the look, and he's within the age range that Reeves is supposedly looking at. He's an excellent prospect.

Some people can have a completely different voice upon voice training, thats true, but not everyone, some people are limited to what they naturally have. And again, I beg for someone to point me to a perfomance where ATJ makes his voice deeper for a dramatic role or at least one where he doesn't sound weird.

lol

Welp. It is a good thing that ATJ doesn't have to convince Invader, which seems far more demanding than bald Reeves.

Also, the last good and fun performance that I saw him give was in Outlaw King. He had the more memorable performance out of the cast, including Chris Pine. Eh.

46374423_2234277676847617_1056453312506560784_n.jpg

Some people can have a completely different voice upon voice training, thats true, but not everyone, some people are limited to what they naturally have. And again, I beg for someone to point me to a perfomance where ATJ makes his voice deeper for a dramatic role or at least one where he doesn't sound weird.
Point me to any film Ledger had done prior to TDK that showed he was capable of doing the voice he had for The Joker. I'll wait.

Point me to any film Ledger had done prior to TDK that showed he was capable of doing the voice he had for The Joker. I'll wait.

Offtopic, but I did like that weird 'The Order' flick he did. I think it had potential for a series but I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"