Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point me to any film Ledger had done that showed he was capable of doing a voice he had in TDK. I'll wait.
The difference is that not a lot of roles require you to be Joker levels of creepy, whereas ATJ has had many many roles where if he had some hability to deepen his voice or sound more serious he could've done it. The Outlaw King is one, The Wall, Godzilla, Age of Ultron, etc. and in not a single one of those he did so. In not a single one of his performances he made a voice that even approximated Batman or Bruce Wayne for that matter.

And maybe he does have some sort of hidden Troy Baker levels of vocal talent that allow him to completely change his voice. But that's an extremely hypothetical scenario since there's nothing in his resume to suggest that (and if he had those talents he'd be looked for by everybody in Hollywood and that's not the case, his career has been declining since 4 years ago) and by that same hypothetical logic one could argue Liam Hemsworth is an Oscar level talent even though there's nothing in his filmography to suggest he is

The difference is that not a lot of roles require you to be Joker levels of creepy, whereas ATJ has had many many roles where if he had some hability to deepen his voice or sound more serious he could've done it. The Outlaw King is one, The Wall, Godzilla, Age of Ultron, etc. and in not a single one of those he did so. In not a single one of his performances he made a voice that even approximated Batman or Bruce Wayne for that matter.

And maybe he does have some sort of hidden Troy Baker levels of vocal talent that allow him to completely change his voice. But that's an extremely hypothetical scenario since there's nothing in his resume to suggest that and by that same hypothetical logic one could argue Liam Hemsworth is an Oscar level talent even though there's nothing in his filmography to suggest he is
It's really quite simple, Invader. He hadn't attempted to deepen his voice for any of his past roles because none of those roles demanded it of him. Just like nothing Ledger had done prior to TDK called for him to break from his own characteristic deep voice. We don't know what these actors are capable of until they attempt to do it.

Batman's voice plays into the intimidation factor that the character is trying to achieve. Keaton understood that, and Bale understood that. I would assume that Reeves and whoever he casts in the role will understand that too. If that means ATJ deepening his voice, then that's what they do.

Last edited:
ATJ walks into the DC conference room:

Reeves: You're the perfect age range, have the perfect physical built, enough of a resume to give you some cred, you also have that unknown name and face the GA won't be able to place you right away, BUT...I have never seen you deepen your voice. You're out! Now get the hell outta here!

Point me to any film Ledger had done prior to TDK that showed he was capable of doing the voice he had for The Joker. I'll wait.
Heath was always doing interesting things with his voice, tbh. Monster's Ball (although his Australian accent was always leaking though), Lords of Dogtown, I'm Not There...

Heath was always doing interesting things with his voice, tbh. Monster's Ball (although his Australian accent was always leaking though), Lords of Dogtown, I'm Not There...
I don't recall him ever altering the pitch as dramatically as he had in TDK.

Actors in their late 20s

Joe Alwyn - 28
aNVMww9.jpg

Tom Bateman - 29
fdmXHG2.jpg

Taron Egerton - 29
FMn8TSY.jpg

Alden Ehrenreich - 29
B7A0487.jpg

Nicholas Hoult - 29
1vsMlXk.jpg

Josh Hutcherson - 26
l38LydL.jpg

Jeremy Irvine - 28
PCLSbPf.jpg

Logan Lerman - 27
Z27IwvR.jpg

Alexander Ludwig - 26
MPmJfNz.jpg

Jack O'Connell - 28
QqFVh3s.jpg

Alex Pettyfer - 28
9gjF84c.jpg

Aaron Taylor-Johnson - 28
Mh7NuWg.jpg

Callum Turner - 29
JNWo6Q2.jpg

Jack Reynor - 27
Pq8zSNA.jpg

Many different Bruce Waynes :ebr:

Aaron Taylor-Johnson - 28
Mh7NuWg.jpg

OMG look at how he flaps his coat. Reeves will never cast him if he sees this picture because Batman does flap like that and he wants an actor who can flap the way Bale flaps.

I'd be willing to give ATJ a chance. Ben Affleck doesn't have the most deep speaking voice in his every day life but was able to "put on" a little more gravely voice for Batman in BvS. Also if Reeves has ATJ use a modulator for his Batman I think that would nip some of the potential issues.

The voice acting direction for DC animated films has become pretty bad... I tried to watch Death of Superman and the mediocre acting was really distracting. Jason O'Mara is definitely the worse voice actor for Batman as well

The voice acting direction for DC animated films has become pretty bad... I tried to watch Death of Superman and the mediocre acting was really distracting. Jason O'Mara is definitely the worse voice actor for Batman as well

Watch the new Justice League vs the Fatal Five movie, it's awesome!

I don't want no more gravely voice Batman. I want something silky smooth.

Sisto has been the only actor to voice Batman where I feel his voice could actually make criminals cower and turn away in fear. A damn shame his only turn is in such a limited role.

I remember so many fans bashing his take, but I was one of the few who loved the freshness of it.

Would anyone be alright if they used a modulator to help with the voice like Batfleck/ Telltale games or should they go with a more growling voice?

Nothing wrong with a voice modulator. The tech exists and Bruce Wayne is a celebrity. It would be common sense to use one.

Yeah, digitizing his voice would be even worse than the hoarse death-metal vocalist thing we get all the time lately.

Just have him sound like this calm, confident, I'm-better-at-everything-than-you-and-you-don't-really-concern-me-thug-guy guy. Deep, sure, imposing, totally. But like an adult, a dude who's seen it all, you can't throw anything at him he's not prepared for. That doesn't mean he can't ever get p*ssed off & lose his cool, especially with guys like Joker, but let's go for that calm & in-control "I can deal with smalltimers like you in my sleep" Conroy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"