Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice returns!

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
Once upon a time, Tim Burton flirted with making a sequel to Beetlejuice called Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian, but the ill-advised project never got past the scripting stage. Will the same fate befall the latest attempt to sequelize the 1988 comedy? Deadline reports that author Seth Grahame-Smith (who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter) and producer David Katzenberg (the 28-year-old son of industry mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg) have made a new Beetlejuice movie the priority of their fledgling production company, KatzSmith. Deadline says the film will be a continuation of the original story (à la Tron Legacy?) but not a remake, and while it's unknown whether Burton will be involved with the project, Grahame-Smith did script his current movie, Dark Shadows. Are you levitating over this news, or does it scare you half to death?

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/09/beetlejuice_2_sequel.html?mid=partnerfeed
Original Story: http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/kat...s-deal-will-bring-beetlejuice-back-from-dead/

Beetlejuice in Hawaii sounds like it would have been a terrible idea, because it sounds like it would have been a pretty generic sequel that tries to mix things up with a gimmick instead of finding something worthwhile to continue the story with. I am not the biggest fan in the world of the Beetlejuice property, but I think they were fortunate to have not wasted their time with the original sequel treatment.

no keaton, no deal

burton can produce but recently he's become to much about the style rather than the story

If this movie ever gets made,I'll consider seeing it.

Knowing Burton and how he likes to team up with Depp I wouldn't be surprised if Depp is cast as Beetlejuice. They really should get Keaton back though.

I'd love to see Johnny Depp's take on Beetlejuice but I wouldn't mind Keaton back in the role either. Contingent on a good story to justify it obviously. Beetlejuice is a character who doesn't have to be the same actor nor does he have to haunt or pester the same people in the same location so it is somewhat surprising no one has gotten a sequel off the ground before.

Knowing Burton and how he likes to team up with Depp I wouldn't be surprised if Depp is cast as Beetlejuice. They really should get Keaton back though.

I actually think Depp would make a brilliant Beetlejuice but Keaton was so good in the role.

It's got to be Keaton, period. Burton doesn't have to direct but I think he should be involved in the story, design and production in the very least.

I'd like to see Burton's take on the Netherworld from the cartoon. Something I hope he considers is making this one more in the tone he originally wanted the first one to be.

I want to see that too. He gave us the smallest taste of what was going on there but most of what we saw outside the waiting room area was too brief so the cartoon had to takeover and make it up themselves.

We shall see how this one shapes up and it's direction!

After much thought I've realized I'd give my left nut to see Micheal Keaton play Beetlejuice again.

but if they're going the reboot route they can shove it.

Something I just remembered is Michael Keaton doesn't like to do sequels. In fact he's only done two, Batman Returns and the character Ray Nicolette from Jackie Brown in the movie Out of Sight. Whether he would come back for Beetlejuice is a big question.

Hell NO on Depp as Betelgeuse! **** NO. Keaton or no deal.

This isn't a Batman or Bond cast where there have been a bunch of Betelgeuses, Keaton is the only one that should play the character.

Henry Selick should direct if Burton doesn't want to do it, and bring Winona Ryder back.

Something I just remembered is Michael Keaton doesn't like to do sequels. In fact he's only done two, Batman Returns and the character Ray Nicolette from Jackie Brown in the movie Out of Sight. Whether he would come back for Beetlejuice is a big question.

He said a few years ago that he would return for a sequel if they ever made one.

I'd rather this not be live action.

And, yes, Keaton is a must.

Keaton or bust.

Casting aside, I'd like to see how the afterlife has changed since the Maitlands died. Where could they go with the story?

This doesn't need to be made... but I would lie if I didn't want to see Keaton again.

I'd just hope Keaton will have that same energy. He probably will, but goddamn, the idea of an older Beetlejuice is interesting. Maybe it takes place after his head has been slowly grown back and he's taking it easy. He's on vacation until he gets pulled back into ****.

But what made Beetljuice so special was that he was a supporting character.

This doesn't need to be made... but I would lie if I didn't want to see Keaton again.

I'd just hope Keaton will have that same energy. He probably will, but goddamn, the idea of an older Beetlejuice is interesting. Maybe it takes place after his head has been slowly grown back and he's taking it easy. He's on vacation until he gets pulled back into ****.

But what made Beetljuice so special was that he was a supporting character.

Agreed. That's one thing that actually surprised me when I watched the movie, because I had grown up with the animated series where he and Lydia were the lead characters, but didn't end up watching the movie until I was around 9 or 10. I was surprised that he wasn't the lead, but I've quite come around to it.

Really? I'll see it, but...really? Well, there's one thing I'll add. Since it's a sequel, they need to go darker. Like, much darker.

Beetlejuice was a huge part of my childhood. Love the flick and watched he cartoon religiously. If the story is right and Keaton returns, I'm all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"