• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Fantasy Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice returns!

I wish Michael Keaton could have played Gomez Addams at some point post-Batman.

I hope they don't revive that old "Beetlejuice goes to Hawaii" nonsense.
That sounded like a terrible idea.I just hope they can pull this off right. Also they need to ignore the cartoon. Beetlejuice either needs to be a villain or the lesser evil.

Why wouldnt Keaton return, its not like he's busy

i just watch bettle jucie today . i hope if they do make squeal they would realsed the catoon. i used to watch it all the time the specail ediiton dvd got 3 epsidoe it not eneogh i hope they relase best of or voulme one i used to love the cartoon long as kenton or tim burton is back iwouldnt mind johny deephow about chrisian bale?

As an English major, I am deeply offended by this post.:oldrazz:

Keaton shall return! i remember in an interview not too long ago he was asked what his favorite role was, and he said it was Beetlejuice. the interviewer also asked if there was ever a sequel in the works if he'd come back and he said yes! :awesome:

I don't doubt that Keaton would return given the opportunity. I just hope this new film doesn't hurt the old one. I mean, knowing who's writing the sequel (the guys behind Hot Tub Time Machine?) the project kinda loses steam for me right from the start.

I'd be accepting of a Beetlejuice sequel only if Keaton and Burton return. It's not Beetlejuice without Keaton in the role and Burton directing him.

Its nice to hear Burton at least wants to be involved in this project...

MTV: Is it true that you're considering doing another "Beetlejuice" film?
Burton: Yes. I love that character, and Michael [Keaton] is so great in it. I always think about how great and fun that character was, so I just said to ["Vampire Hunter" writer] Seth [Grahame-Smith], "If you have some idea about it, go for it, and then I'll look at it freshly." In the past, I tried some things, but that was way back when. He seemed really excited about it.

MTV: Has he run any of his ideas by you yet?
Burton: No. I told him to try some stuff, but he hasn't come back to me yet. Michael was so great in it. I'm sure he'd strangely tap right back into it.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1677141/tim-burton-dark-shadows-frankenweenie.jhtml

Well as long as Burton and Keaton come back, I'll give this a chance.

it's been known for awhile that Keaton is down to come back. and it's nice to see that Burton wants to be involved in some way. in fact, last i heard Burton was going to produce the Beetlejuice sequel. hope this gets off the ground soon.

If Burton and Keaton are involved, I'll watch it. Does the film need a sequel? No. But if they come back, I'll give it a shot.

Well burton could end up just being a producer on the thing.. keaton bearing story likely would do it. Though its really up to studio on casting. I would hope they do get keaton.

Well burton could end up just being a producer on the thing.. keaton bearing story likely would do it. Though its really up to studio on casting. I would hope they do get keaton.

Burton wont do it without Keaton...

And you can bet your ass the studio want Burton involved.

Not to mention 20th Century Fox wanted Tom Crusie for Edward Scissorhands but Tim fought for Johnny... so its not always up to the studio.

Isn't Burton notorious thought for not knowing a good script when he sees one? So the movie could still end up really really bad.

One can only hope...

beetlejuice.gif

If Burton and Keaton are involved, I'll watch it. Does the film need a sequel? No. But if they come back, I'll give it a shot.

Other than a planned trilogy, what sequel is neccessary really? Now in terms of something like this, Beetlejuice isn't exactly something we absolutely desire to see, but it's Keaton and Burton joining up again.

He should have played Willy Wonka instead of Depp. :csad:

I will bet Tim burton will produce it.Michael Keaton has expressed Intrest In doing sequel In past so he should return.

Burton is on board.

http://www.planetfury.com/content/tim-burton-signs-beetlejuice-2

Tim Burton has publicly stated through MTV that he is, in fact, going to be involved in the upcoming sequel to the 1988 horror-comedy classic Beetlejuice.

A sequel to Beetlejuice has been talked about for over twenty years. Last September, it was finally announced that Warner Bros. Pictures was moving forward with a script written by David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith; however, it was unknown whether Burton — or Michael Keaton for that matter — would be involved with the new film.

Tim Burton is now officially on board. Keaton has said in the past that he'd love to be involved in revisiting the role, so it seems reasonable to expect that he'll make a similar announcement sometime soon. Actress Geena Davis has also recently said that she'd love to be involved.

The one quite obvious actress who apparently hasn't publicly said anything one way or the other is Winona Ryder, who played doom gloom goth teen Lydia Deetz in the 1988 original. Time has moved onward, so obviously Ryder's character could not be a teen in the sequel, at least if played by Ryder (who is the only one who should play it). Can't we have a 40-something wise-cracking doom gloom goth? Of course we can. Ryder needs to bite the bullet and sign on.

Let's just be happy about one thing: This is reportedly not a remake. Everyone breathe a sigh of relief. This is just a straight sequel, though where it will take the story is anyone's guess.

This project is in its very early stages and there is no official release date (except — let's guess it at October 2013).

Yeah thats what we've been discussing...

He'll no doubt be involved as a producer and creative director.

As much as I'd like to see Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis come back, it wouldn't make sense because ghosts aren't supposed to age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"