• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Fantasy Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice returns!

I'm so excited for this. Beetlejuice in Hawaii sounds terrible though. I hope they come up with a better story.

Bring in Depp as a love interest for Winona Ryder's character if she were to return & Depp's character & Beetlejuice could fight for her affection.:D

Didn't Keaton say in an interivew that he'd be open to play Beetlejuice again? If I remember correctly, the interview was quite recent.

He did. He did say the one character he would like to play again was Beetlejuice.

I'd love to see Johnny Depp's take on Beetlejuice but I wouldn't mind Keaton back in the role either. Contingent on a good story to justify it obviously. Beetlejuice is a character who doesn't have to be the same actor nor does he have to haunt or pester the same people in the same location so it is somewhat surprising no one has gotten a sequel off the ground before.

********, beetlejuice isn't a character like bond or batman with a variety of sources, keaton basically created the character and the attitude. the original concept had him being a real bastard and trying to rape lydia. when he was cast the writers started the changes

unless its a great imitation(which would be extremely redundant) keaton is the only person to play the character

I don't usually say things like this, but Keaton is Beetlejuice.

I was under the assumption Keaton would be returning , if not it would be sorely disappointing.

Keaton MUST come back! he has said in many recent interviews how much he loved playing that role and would be down to come back.

age doesn't matter because Keaton will be in make up anyway. and hopefully they get Burton to come back to direct as well, or at the very least be invovled as a producer/cosultant.

********, beetlejuice isn't a character like bond or batman with a variety of sources, keaton basically created the character and the attitude. the original concept had him being a real bastard and trying to rape lydia. when he was cast the writers started the changes

unless its a great imitation(which would be extremely redundant) keaton is the only person to play the character
Beetlejuice is a character who can look like what or whoever he wants which we saw in the first movie. It's based on one actor behind the makeup. But since Keaton said he'd be willing to come back it's better if he did. At the time I said Depp would be interesting I knew of Keaton's reluctance to do sequels but I didn't know he'd do this one.

Ya I would hope keaton returned. Burton probably less likely with all the other work he has on his plate. By at least be producer/consolulant would be ok.

I say stop motion with Keaton voicing. :up:

Keaton just turned 60 this week... so they had better get a move on.

Still I would hate him to taint his career and his original performance with something unneccesary.

BTW... I wonder why Keaton and Burton never worked together again after Batman Returns. He works with Depp frickin often enough that its hard to believe he hasn't thought of Keaton once in 20 years.

Keaton probably just working on things burton wasn't a part of.

Beetlejuice was a great movie and cartoon series back in the day....I wish they could just leave it alone....

The idea of a sequel is... interesting. But I won't see it if Burton and Keaton aren't involved. The first movie is so oddly unique, though; I really don't think it needs a sequel. And it hardly needs to be remade. We'll see where this goes.

Massive bump die to new piece of news:

Film will only be made if Keaton is interested in returning and they got Burton's blessing:

http://screenrant.com/beetlejuice-2-script-michael-keaton-sandy-138076/

“When Warner Bros. came to us about it, we said the only way we’d do it if we got Tim [Burton’s] blessing and involvement, and we got that, and the star of the movie has to be Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice, and it’s a true continuation 26 years later. Not just throwing him in as a cameo going, ‘Hey, it’s me. I endorse this movie.’ We’re not there yet [with Keaton] because we don’t have a film to present to him.”

I really want to see a sequel for Beetlejuice, but only if the story is right & if they bring Michael Keaton back. I'm not interested if they're going to just make a movie with a lame plot.

I hope they don't revive that old "Beetlejuice goes to Hawaii" nonsense.

As long as the story is good and Keaton returns, I'll be down for this one.

I'm a little bit worried about the "Burton's blessing" part. If I recall correctly, Burton has been quoted as saying something along the lines of: "I wouldn't know a good script if it bit me in the ass."

Keaton just turned 60 this week... so they had better get a move on.

Still I would hate him to taint his career and his original performance with something unneccesary.

This.

Beetlejuice was a great movie and cartoon series back in the day....I wish they could just leave it alone....

And this. Just leave it it the heck alone.

i just watch bettle jucie today . i hope if they do make squeal they would realsed the catoon. i used to watch it all the time the specail ediiton dvd got 3 epsidoe it not eneogh i hope they relase best of or voulme one i used to love the cartoon long as kenton or tim burton is back iwouldnt mind johny deephow about chrisian bale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"