Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Bats more than just staying and watching like he did in the Doonsday fight in JL.
Give him a break, he beat Superman before it and cleaned the warehouse. Unless he has an effective weapon (which he didn't), he can't do anything against beasts like DD.

Batman played a pivotal role in the Doomsday fight by shooting the necessery Kryptonite bomb.

Well said.

Yeah, as much as some of us aren't in favor of seeing Batman and Superman kill again, I think we should brace ourselves for the possibility of that happening again in the very near future.

But Superman didn't kill in BvS. He even says he didn't, and Martha reinforces that.

Batman played a pivotal role in the Doomsday fight by shooting the necessery Kryptonite bomb.

And making the kryptonite spear...

Yeah, I'm not sure how crucial that single kryptonite grenade was, but they would sure be in a sh**ty situation if Batman didn't create the only weapon that could kill Doomsday. By accident, but still. :oldrazz:
And he was the one who drew Doomsday to the docks where the spear is.

Anyway, I don't mind him not being of much use in the fight itself, actually I was amused by how useless he was, I expected him to have more of those grenades and weaken Doomsday gradually. It would actually make sense for him to immediately go for the spear while Wondy and Supes are fighting, but the story called for Superman and Lois having a tender moment together, so yeah, Bats did seem to stand with a dick in his hand in the beginning of the fight. Again, much to my amusement.

Seems pretty crucial. Doomsday was about to heat vision WW while she was holding onto the lasso and the grenade stopped it.

Seems pretty crucial. Doomsday was about to heat vision WW while she was holding onto the lasso and the grenade stopped it.

Was he? I saw the film two times and somehow I never caught this.

Okay, the fat kid might have been kicking my seat during the first view, but what distracted me during the second one...? :hmm

the last grenade allowed Diana to continue to hold Doomsday in place and help Clark deliver the final blow.
Unfortunately led Doomsday with no options but to use his last resort though

Last edited:
Then I stand corrected. It was crucial.

Yeah, I'm not sure how crucial that single kryptonite grenade was, but they would sure be in a sh**ty situation if Batman didn't create the only weapon that could kill Doomsday. By accident, but still. :oldrazz:
And he was the one who drew Doomsday to the docks where the spear is.

Anyway, I don't mind him not being of much use in the fight itself, actually I was amused by how useless he was, I expected him to have more of those grenades and weaken Doomsday gradually. It would actually make sense for him to immediately go for the spear while Wondy and Supes are fighting, but the story called for Superman and Lois having a tender moment together, so yeah, Bats did seem to stand with a dick in his hand in the beginning of the fight. Again, much to my amusement.

You never should've expected that he have more grenades, because we see him only make three. It does beg the question though: what tools does this Batman have in his utility belt? He does seem to be pretty ill-equipped compared to previous Batman incarnations. It's like all he has are lead smoke grenades.

the last grenade allowed Diana to continue to hold Doomsday in place and help Clark deliver the final blow.
Unfortunately led Doomsday with no options but to use his last resort though

Took me till the third viewing to catch that it was perfectly timed. He waited until the last possible moment, and diffused Doomsday's evolution. Absolutely crucial.

Even though they've never worked together, this film portrayed their teamwork quite well.

You never should've expected that he have more grenades, because we see him only make three. It does beg the question though: what tools does this Batman have in his utility belt? He does seem to be pretty ill-equipped compared to previous Batman incarnations. It's like all he has are lead smoke grenades.

He had batarangs, those mini-explosives for guns, a grapnel gun, the bat-brand...

I meant before watching the film. They did show us that he makes only three in the film (and the Gotham trailer, but I didn't see it before I saw the film).

He has that huge lead smoke grenade he threw at Superman (couldn't possible fit the utility belt, but whatever, if we're to be honest even batarangs wouldn't fit), gun disruptors, batarangs, bat brand, explosives (used to destroy floor at the docks)... and I think that's all we saw him use. I think he's not any worse equipped than previous Batmen... we rarely see Batman use more gadgets than this in a single film.

As always they can give him whatever they want in subsequent films and say "it was in the belt for the entire time, you just didn't see him use it". That's the magic of the utility belt.

Took me till the third viewing to catch that it was perfectly timed. He waited until the last possible moment, and diffused Doomsday's evolution. Absolutely crucial.

Even though they've never worked together, this film portrayed their teamwork quite well.

Ah, good... I'm not the only who missed that.

Teamwork was indeed portrayed well. You can see that they're not used to working with each other, but they still complemented each other's attacks well.

Last edited:
I meant before watching the film. They did show us that he makes only three in the film (and the Gotham trailer, but I didn't see it before I saw the film).

He has that huge lead smoke grenade he threw at Superman (couldn't possible fit the utility belt, but whatever, if we're to be honest even batarangs wouldn't fit), gun disruptors, batarangs, bat brand, explosives (used to destroy floor at the docks)... and I think that's all we saw him use. I think he's not any worse equipped than previous Batmen... we rarely see Batman use more gadgets than this in a single film.

As always they can give him whatever they want in subsequent films and say "it was in the belt for the entire time, you just didn't see him use it". That's the magic of the utility belt.

Ah, good... I'm not the only who missed that.

Teamwork was indeed portrayed well. You can see that they're not used to working with each other, but they still complemented each other's attacks well.

Fair points.

This is a little OT, but I also realized something after my second viewing. It's been said by detractors of the film that Superman doesnt say anything to wonder woman. I even thought that at first. But, he does speak to her (I wish they would've at least quickly introduced themselves to each other. Anyway, I digress).

Richard Cetrone (Batfleck's double on BvS and SS) was on the BvS London premiere.

You know what that means right?

12912514_1593541157634435_531832289_n.jpg

Last edited:

Besides batarangs and all kinds of grappling lines that he can use to throw big crates at people, and vice versa, he also had devices he threw at weapons which disabled them. That kinda beats most of what previous versions had. He also had bullet-resistant armor we saw being actually useful. And a device to distort his voice without needing to ruin his throat.

Speaking of that crate throw...I wish it broke when it hit the guy. Just a small small thing but I feel like it would've looked cooler.

But yeah my favorite without a doubt were those....I'ma call them sticky explosives, that he threw on the weapons and detonated. So many arkham references in that fight. I damn near squealed when he did a grapple takedown!

I dont know what that means...

He was in London, the same time as Momoa, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher. So that means we will have the same stunt double and probably the same fight coreographer.

Watching all the recent Warner bros animated movies of batman and justice league. Why can't we have a live action batman with that level of intelligence and detective skills? The movies make me so mad in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"