Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching all the recent Warner bros animated movies of batman and justice league. Why can't we have a live action batman with that level of intelligence and detective skills? The movies make me so mad in that regard

You realise you're comparing a fraction of 2 and 1/2 hrs of footage to dozens upon dozens of animated episodes right? Besides, Batman in BvS managed to track down the kryptonite and steal it from Lex so I think that counts for something.

You realise you're comparing a fraction of 2 and 1/2 hrs of footage to dozens upon dozens of animated episodes right? Besides, Batman in BvS managed to track down the kryptonite and steal it from Lex so I think that counts for something.

No I don't agree with that at all.

They established a smart batman, for example, in the recent animated movie justice league war with a much lower run time.

Maybe it's easy to pull off in animation?

Lex wanted him to steal the kryptonite. The fact that he was so easily manipulated by lex and couldn't figure out superman is Clark Kent was another thing that bothered me.

Everything else about BVS batman is perfect though. Guess I'm too greedy.

Relax. Batman wasn't himself. We got our Batman back. It took one dead Superman.

He will be busy using his detective skills in JL to find other members.

Watching all the recent Warner bros animated movies of batman and justice league. Why can't we have a live action batman with that level of intelligence and detective skills? The movies make me so mad in that regard
Because a large segment of people will scream Bat God and rage about how he's OP and unrealistic compared to the other fictional characters who can have whatever powers the writers choose to give them. That's the way this works.:woot:

Why can't we have a live action batman with that level of intelligence and detective skills? The movies make me so mad in that regard

Why? You saw him being a detective thruought the movie with the White Portuguise plot.

Or are you simply mad, that the one person smarter than Batman got the best of him, due to Batman's crisis?

They established a smart batman, for example, in the recent animated movie justice league war with a much lower run time.

Lex wanted him to steal the kryptonite. The fact that he was so easily manipulated by lex and couldn't figure out superman is Clark Kent was another thing that bothered me.

Lex is pretty smart too. :)

Well, it was made clear on many occasions that he is not himself for majority of BvS. Someone who is in the state of mind he is can be manipulated rather easily.

Even by that little prick. :oldrazz:

I think Batman may not be thinking correctly during the White Portuguese investigation, be it because of concern about one certain Kryptonian or because he is short of one sidekick.

It may be possible that Bruce didn't even care if Superman had a secret identity.

It may be possible that Bruce didn't even care if Superman had a secret identity.
Not really, unless we accept he didn't recognize him after he saw him both at the library and after the chase. But it's not really important.

I think this is correct. It is made clear that he sees him as a thing, an alien, a threat to be destroyed before it gets to destroy us, but never as a "human" being. The first time he truly starts to think of him that way is when Lois says "that's his mother's name". That's the entire point of that scene, by the way. Seeing how close he was to become someone else's Joe Chill (or, in DCEU, never identified mugger :oldrazz:) Bruce hurled the spear away in disgust.

And before the fight scene, Bruce compares fighting Superman to hunting an animal when he says that the first Waynes that lived in America where hunters.

And before the fight scene, Bruce compares fighting Superman to hunting an animal when he says that the first Waynes that lived in America where hunters.

Yup. Which just made me realize something... Superman is basically Batman's Moby Dick in BvS.

That was an amazing line when juxtaposed with what Jonathan Kent says to Clark in MOS, "So farming, feeding people, that's not useful? My family's been farming for five generations, Clark."

Which shows why there is a basic difference in approach the same problem, which comes from the history associated with their families in past, even though they share same ideals.

That was an amazing line when juxtaposed with what Jonathan Kent says to Clark in MOS, "So farming, feeding people, that's not useful? My family's been farming for five generations, Clark."

Which shows why there is a basic difference in approach the same problem, which comes from the history associated with their families in past, even though they share same ideals.
Really sweet observation. :up: Damn, this movie gets better and better... As if I didn't love it already.

Isn't it beautiful?

Yes, it is.

I believe that scenes where Pa Kent talks about the flood on the mountain and Bruce talks about Waynes being hunters inside the ruined manor follow one another. I remember that I found it interesting that Kents are farmers and Waynes were hunters.

Animation is a different medium than a full length live-action film. Animation are mostly for kids, teens, and fans, while blockbusters must appeal to general adults and layman. Almost every first Batman feature of every franchise includes his origin in some form, and backstory on how he got that way. You don't get any of that in animation. Aside from year one, non of the films talk about Batman's origins. It just goes straight into the action and main plot. There was quite a bit of exposition in BvS about how Bruce became the way he is throughout the 20 years. Add in the fact you got a duo hero situation with Superman too, that doesn't leave a lot of time for Batman to do Batman-y stuff aside from the action.

Which brings me to one of my concerns in JL, since they are going to introduce 3 major founding members, are they going to dab into the backstory for each via flashback, like Bruce's "Beautiful Lie" sequence, or are they just gonna go the animation route and just introduce them and go straight into the plot, and leave their origins for the solos? Avengers had a similar issue with half the roster, since we only got origins from Hulk, Cap, Thor, and IM. But this worked for Avengers because lets be honest, no one really cared about Black Widow or Hawkeye until after the film. And those 2 still aren't getting solos. Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman are higher in the totem pole, so I'm not sure if introducing them like BW or HE would work. Or maybe it will. Who knows.
Yup. Which just made me realize something... Superman is basically Batman's Moby Dick in BvS.

Seriously I find new angles to this film everyday!

Seriously I find new angles to this film everyday!

Definitely. There are new things to notice with every rewatch.

Probably my favorite so far (and I apologize for not remembering who on these boards noticed it) is the "Excalibur" parallel of Superman dying while delivering a final blow to Doomsday in the exact same manner as Arthur does while killing Mordred.

And we saw the poster of "Excalibur" in the Waynes murder scene.

At WB's CinemaCon DC universe presentation.

http://dcfilms.tumblr.com/post/142713509191/actor-ben-affleck-and-actress-amy-adams-speak

tumblr_o5jsrkBoXh1uorz8zo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_o5jsrkBoXh1uorz8zo2_r1_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"