The Punisher Ben Barnes IS Jigsaw

Why not do something different or better than the War Zone movie?

Again, Mason Verger looked very different in Hannibal the TV series, but the makeup work was still good IMO.

The whole point is that Billy Russo was a vain, petty narcissist. He was full of vanity. The whole point of Frank's actions was so that Russo would have to continue living with a mangled face that would repulse him or the women Russo would try to woo. Russo was begging for him to kill him. Instead, Frank wanted him to live with the shame of having a mangled, deformed face.

Instead, he's just got some scars. His face was not damaged beyond repair, it's still mostly intact.

Why not do something different or better than the War Zone movie?

Again, Mason Verger looked very different in Hannibal the TV series, but the makeup work was still good IMO.

The whole point is that Billy Russo was a vain, petty narcissist. He was full of vanity. The whole point of Frank's actions was so that Russo would have to continue living with a mangled face that would repulse him or the women Russo would try to woo. Russo was begging for him to kill him. Instead, Frank wanted him to live with the shame of having a mangled, deformed face.

Instead, he's just got some scars. His face was not damaged beyond repair, it's still mostly intact.

I mean we don't know the whole story of this season... which is why, I'm reserving my judgement until I see the product.

A second failed attempt by Russo to kill Castle would cause him to repeat the same mistakes and mangled his face further. He doesn't even look completely crazy like the Jigsaw I know.. he just looks pissed and looking for revenge. I just don't know yet and probably won't know until I watch the new season. I feel people are just jumping on this too soon.

You guys can be completely vindicated at the end of the final episode on Netflix. But without a script on my lap and knowing the full context of the scene... I just don't see this outcry will amount to much this early on.

So on this alone, I'm not completely on the "omg! What is Netflix doing?!" bandwagon just yet.

Last edited:
I mean we don't know the whole story of this season... which is why, I'm reserving my judgement until I see the product.

A second failed attempt by Russo to kill Castle would cause him to repeat the same mistakes and mangled his face further. He doesn't even look completely crazy like the Jigsaw I know.. he just looks pissed and looking for revenge. I just don't know yet and probably won't know until I watch the new season. I feel people are just jumping on this too soon.

You guys can be completely vindicated at the end of the final episode on Netflix. But without a script on my lap and knowing the full context of the scene... I just don't see this outcry will amount to much this early on.

So on this alone, I'm not completely on the "omg! What is Netflix doing?!" bandwagon just yet.

The reason this doesn't really fly with me is that it sort of renders their last fight sort of pointless. So it didn't happen and they are going to hold it off this time only this time Frank is REALLY going to jack up Russo's face this time and make sure they can't fix it better at all?

A lot of missteps in the first season. We shall see. For example, Frank quits being Punisher twice.

Also Frank playing surrogate father for Micro's family. They telegraphed Micro's wife hitting on Frank from a mile away.

Second of all, why would that family not even know what Frank Castle looks like? Dude was a publicly and well known vigilante in New York City.

For comparison on TV shows with makeup heavy central characters, here's Richard Dormer on Rellik. He's a detective who was horribly scarred by an acid due to an attack by a serial killer.

dormer-3.jpg

Last edited:
Well, they aren't going to be calling him Jigsaw because of that face. Watch it be something lame like it being the brand of the jacket that he is wearing. Yes, there is a clothing brand called Jigsaw.

They'll have to call him Scarface or something like that.

Or maybe he's called Jigsaw because while recovering in hospital, he had to keep himself busy doing jigsaw puzzles.

I bet in every season of the Publisher, Frank's going to smash his face in a mirror and he'll get a few more minor cuts and bruises. :o

Oh come on, the issue he fought the Grammar Nazi was amazing!

My phone keeps on auto correcting to turn him into the Publisher!

Most boring superhero ever.

Depends. He might be able to take other people down with his words in print. That can be very damaging. And if he has a personality like J Jonah Jameson, then he might not be so boring.

The Publisher! Clearing your house!!! :o

If Billy Russo is in such good shape after such severe injuries, can't he go back for a couple more treatments? His surgeon could fix his face completely and make him as good as new.

He certainly does a better job than most of the botched jobs that happen to celebrities who go under the knife.

If Julian McMahon hadn't played the villain in Runaways, he could've played Russo's surgeon. :o

If Billy Russo is in such good shape after such severe injuries, can't he go back for a couple more treatments? His surgeon could fix his face completely and make him as good as new.

He certainly does a better job than most of the botched jobs that happen to celebrities who go under the knife.

If Julian McMahon hadn't played the villain in Runaways, he could've played Russo's surgeon. :o

it happened in your post in the john wick/death wish thread too haha.

Hmm seems like Barnes is hinting we might see the Jigsaw that all fans want to see at some point.

PS. BossLogic is a so damn talented. :)

*looks online to see everyone complaining about Jigsaw*

*Looks back at DDS2's Finn Cooley*

I don't get it...

All jokes aside, Ben Barnes' version of the character was already above and beyond his comic book counterpart so the lack of substantial scars doesn't particularly bother me.

Well Finn Cooley is dead as far as we know.

I think these shows in general don't want to play up the comic book aspects and styles as much. That's been clear for the last nearly 4 years now.

Well Finn Cooley is dead as far as we know.

I think these shows in general don't want to play up the comic book aspects and styles as much. That's been clear for the last nearly 4 years now.
It's a valid criticism. I've just accepted where they are going with it at this point especially since this is likely getting cancelled soon

They made the whole Jigsaw gimmick internal. It was his mind that was the jigsaw rather than his face. Metaphor. blah blah blah.

Anyway, Billy is dead now, so that's all with that. Probably for the best with the show ending.

Even with the lackluster facial scars, this version of Jigsaw outshines his comic counterpart on almost every other level. Gonna miss Ben Barnes in the role.

I've seen the whole season, so here are my thoughts:

Honestly, people who were willing to accept season one Billy Russo and not season two Billy Russo are pretty hypocritical. Season one Billy Russo was nothing like the comics character. At least season two's version of the character was leading a gang of some kind. He's pretty much his own character. I would argue it's a character worth creating for the comics (I don't think there's a direct analogue, although the comics have explored similar themes), but he's far from the relatively low level gang leader that Jigsaw was. The facial scars are tangential to that regardless of whether he's clearly scarred or horribly disfigured.

I have to say, not only was Jigsaw a highlight for me in season 2, I honestly think he was THE highlight of the season. Ben Barnes brought his A-game, and Billy Russo was easily the best/most interestingly developed character this season. Not even close.

I have to say, not only was Jigsaw a highlight for me in season 2, I honestly think he was THE highlight of the season. Ben Barnes brought his A-game, and Billy Russo was easily the best/most interestingly developed character this season. Not even close.
Yes, I thought he was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"