Jessica Jones Krysten Ritter is Jessica Jones!

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
Marvel is mum as usual, but I hear they have tapped Krysten Ritter for the lead in the company’s straight-to-series drama Jessica Jones. Ritter was one of five actresses for tested for the role. I hear it came down to her and Teresa Palmer, with both doing chemistry reads with The Following‘s Mike Colter, believed to be the choice for male lead Luke Cage.

Spearheaded by Melissa Rosenberg, the 13-episode drama — the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal — centers on Jessica Jones, a superhero suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.

Ritter comes from a similar comedy background as Chris Pratt, the star of the latest Marvel hit superhero franchise, Guardians Of The Galaxy. While she recently did several comedy pilots and series, including cult ABC show Don’t Trust The B—-, Ritter also had a role on the dark AMC drama Breaking Bad. She is repped by WME, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and attorney Dave Feldman.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/krysten-ritter-cast-jessica-jones-marvel-1201309398/

Last edited:
wCb4DzM.jpg

My girlfriend love's her some Krysten Ritter so she will actually follow a superhero show now. :)

Yay! Krysten Ritter was my favourite choice from the shortlist... it's nice when your top choice actually gets the part! Krysten is the actress I was most familiar with, though I did have some knowledge of all of them. She has skill with comedy, but Breaking Bad showed she can play damaged characters, which should tie in nicely to bringing Jessica Jones to life. Plus, I like that they skewed a little older (though 32 is hardly old), which gives her a little more gravitas and a sense of having lived a life than casting a 20-something.

Yeah, very happy with this news. Good job, Marvel!

Love this. The Netflix shows just keep getting more interesting than the movies, IMO.

Oh I'm convinced that BREAKING BAD was basically her audition for this show ;)

She's really a marvel… Marvel!

And Mike Coulter getting Luke Cage? DAMMIT GIVE IT TO ME NOW NETFLIX!!! Why must I wait for good things like this?!?!

Do you think we'll see her powers in a non flashback scene during the first season at all?

Love how most places are posting art of Jessica Jones from the regular comic series and not ALIAS. Jessica in that series was a mess, and she wasn't a traditional "superheroine" in either looks or personality.

Ritter's not really a "conventional Hollywood beauty" but she's striking and talented and will pull off the ALIAS version no problem.

Will they be releasing a collection of that series prior to the show's release?

Love how most places are posting art of Jessica Jones from the regular comic series and not ALIAS. Jessica in that series was a mess, and she wasn't a traditional "superheroine" in either looks or personality.

Ritter's not really a "conventional Hollywood beauty" but she's striking and talented and will pull off the ALIAS version no problem.

Will they be releasing a collection of that series prior to the show's release?

I bought that massive, hefty hardcover omnibus they just released. Looking forward to tucking into that... then bludgeoning my enemies with it!

Poor Krysten Ritter: news of her casting as Jessica Jones had the comic news spotlight for maybe an hour before this Benedict Cumberbatch news broke...

Poor Krysten Ritter: news of her casting as Jessica Jones had the comic news spotlight for maybe an hour before this Benedict Cumberbatch news broke...

Actually, of the two, only Jessica Jones and Krysten Ritter trended in the US, from what I could see.

I think enough people were expecting BC to be cast that it took Marvel's wind out of their sails on that casting.

A lot of posters at other sites are complaining about this casting. I'm glad we have much more discerning tastes here. ;)

A lot of posters at other sites are complaining about this casting. I'm glad we have much more discerning tastes here. ;)

Given that most of the complaints I've seen are "She's not hot enough" or "Her boobs aren't big enough," I'm happy to disregard those opinions. :yay:

I hope they dye her hair brown, she probably looks a lot different without black hair.

I hope they dye her hair brown, she probably looks a lot different without black hair.

I don't think I've ever known for someone's looks to drastically change from dying their black hair brown...

I don't know the character, but as far as a series lead in a Marvel show goes, she's a swell choice. She was great on Breaking Bad and has a nice, distinct look to her that gives her more personality than your typical "TV Actor of the Week" model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"