Beta Ray Bill

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

I want to see him! however...I believe he would be the real harbinger of doom for Thor not Mighty Thor like most of you believe lol.

Because they ain't having 3 Thors lol

I want to see him! however...I believe he would be the real harbinger of doom for Thor not Mighty Thor like most of you believe lol.

Because they ain't having 3 Thors lol
I think neither of them will take Thor's place. Jane Foster will become Thor and will probably wield a version of a restored mjolnir while i see Thor giving Stormbreaker to BRB at some point.

Either way i think Thor is here to stay one way or the other. He might even be absent for a while after T:L&T but he'll eventually come back for sure.

Surely with the BRB tease we have in Ragnarok, he's going to appear here, right? Waititi is Marvel's best director so I have faith he'll bring the character.

I think neither of them will take Thor's place. Jane Foster will become Thor and will probably wield a version of a restored mjolnir while i see Thor giving Stormbreaker to BRB at some point.

Either way i think Thor is here to stay one way or the other. He might even be absent for a while after T:L&T but he'll eventually come back for sure.

Stormbreaker doesn't have an enchantment to give people the power of Thor, though. Unless Beta Ray Bill already has thunder powers of his own, Stormbreaker's not gonna do much for him.

I'm thinking Jane will give the hammer one last heave ho in her final act as Mighty Thor. In a post credit scene taking place years in the future, Mjolnir lands on an far-off planet in the midst of a terrible conflict, one in which a race of horse faced aliens are overwhelmed. One of their ranks investigates what looks to be a meteorite impact crater and BOOM! - Bill's ready for his close up in GOTG 3!

But if the hammer is still around and Jane dies you'd expect Thor to just summon it to him.

It was either going to be Bill or Jane and Jane won. Bill and Jane are essentially the same character, they become Thor by lifting the hammer. If you see one it makes the other redundant or superfluous. Cap doesn't count as he is his own character before and after lifting the hammer.

Stormbreaker doesn't have an enchantment to give people the power of Thor, though. Unless Beta Ray Bill already has thunder powers of his own, Stormbreaker's not gonna do much for him.
Not that we know of... There's ways to circumvent that angle though. Interestingly enough it does have some runes on it which have changed from IW to AEG. In IW it was "Honor", "Immortality" and "Loose the dogs of war" if i'm not mistaken... I'm not sure what was the inscription in AEG.

I could see BRB already having some powers of his own. He was a Champion in Sakaar so he's no push over. Stormbreaker is still an immensely powerful weapon capable of some massive feats. Stormbreaker was a big upgrade for Thor.

Surely with the BRB tease we have in Ragnarok, he's going to appear here, right? Waititi is Marvel's best director so I have faith he'll bring the character.
Waititi himself either thought up or approved that tease. So at a minimum we know it’s on his radar.

Maybe they'll introduce Jarnbjorn for Thor to weild if he gives away storm breaker?

Or maybe change it so Jarnbjorn is what BRB uses.

Stormbreaker in the MCU is very different anyway.

BRB is just the weird character Taika likes.
I‘m pretty sure he‘ll be in the movie and not only the post credits

Interestingly enough they took inspiration for the skull of Surtur in Ragnarok from this comic in particular.
So the seeds are planted for a Surtur inspired backstory for BRB which i would love to see.

DIG012091_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

roadworn-thor_marvel_gallery_5c4d27634536e.jpg

Give me a flashback of Surtur forging the Twilight sword. Surtur fight Odin in his prime... That would be the stuff of legend. And then somehow BRB planet being affected by the aftermath of the legendary battle giving the character much more depth and connectivity to the overall Thor mythos.

5367667-1965009138-24939.jpg

4304778-thorv1337p037pe.jpg

Give me a flashback of Surtur forging the Twilight sword. Surtur fight Odin in his prime... That would be the stuff of legend. And then somehow BRB planet being affected by the aftermath of the legendary battle giving the character much more depth and connectivity to the overall Thor mythos.

5367667-1965009138-24939.jpg

4304778-thorv1337p037pe.jpg

I would like to se Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson aka The Mountain as BRB.
At least the stand in body for the character. The dude is a beast of a man and would tower over Chris Hemsworth.

I hope BRB is a really imposing character.

So i thought about this and figured id throw it in type

Ryan Goslin was mentioned as being in talks-I feel he would make a great BRB and here is why

So play BRB as a suave very confident character like Thor but somehow far more successful especially with the ladies.

Thor has not faces a Thor like villian or character yet so why not take this opportunity and have Ryan do mocap and lines and be BRB but besting Thor at every corner.

As i thought about this i really hoped it would come to be.

I don't see a point in casting Ryan as BRB since he doesn't have a voice that really makes the character stand out, or even fit the character. That's most of what he would get to bring to the role as the visuals will most likely be CGI and the character doesn't move in a special way like the Hulk either.

I don't even really know what benefit there would be to throw in a third Thor in a film. Even two is enough to diminish the uniqueness of the character.

I don't see a point in casting Ryan as BRB since he doesn't have a voice that really makes the character stand out, or even fit the character. That's most of what he would get to bring to the role as the visuals will most likely be CGI and the character doesn't move in a special way like the Hulk either.

I don't even really know what benefit there would be to throw in a third Thor in a film. Even two is enough to diminish the uniqueness of the character.

100% this. Re-introducing and developing Jane-Thor will take up enough screen time without shoehorning in a brand new character we've never seen before and who ALSO needs a good amount of screen time to develop runs the risk of having a reverse Spider-Man 3 problem of too many heroes.

I'm all for BRB appearing in the MCU. I just don't want it to be done in a half-***ed way that ends up disappointing everyone.

I also don't see Ryan Gosling as BRB.
I could see him being Gorr though.

For me, Bill Nighy has the perfect voice for BRB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"