• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Bioshock Infinite

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock. Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.

Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.

Trailer:
[YT]pV_TDxl2UIo[/YT]

whatisicarus.com

Last edited:
Um...how do i put this lightly...

F**K YEAH!!!!

I think Bioshock 2 was a much better game gameplay wise. After finishing it I went back and played the original for contrast recently, pretty tedious by comparison.

Sounds like an interesting premise, I guess. I enjoyed the first two enough that I'll give this one a chance

I just hope they take more ques from their best game System Shock 2. I felt Bioshock took out some of the RPG feel to it. But sounds like another cool environment. Guess I'll have to keep dreaming about a System Shock 3 though. lol

For me, I thought the first Bioshock was pretty good. Totally undeserving of the "instant classic" status it received right out of the gate, but pretty good. I had zero interest in the second game. This one however, I think I'm excited for more than the original. It's very evocative of a lot of classic steampunk imagery.

I just woke up and saw the amazing trailer.:awesome: Loved the first two games and this makes sense where the story of rapture(Now called Columbia) should go but I still want a prequel game.

Edit: Nevermind I just read the preview from ign and the game is a prequel it's set in 1912

Last edited:
Will this have anything to do with BioShock 1 and 2?

Granted, I know it's a prequel, but, you'd think it would have something to do because they kept the 'BioShock' name in it.

We don't really know, Kotaku says it will obviously be "connected" but it is NOT a prequel...

So...yeah...whatever that means.

I don't think it really has anything to do with Rapture. It looks like Rapture's opposite. A city in the sky as opposed to underground.

How do these people get their plasmid-ish powers? Weren't those due to deep sea slugs?

The ideas presented in the interview and gameplay preview sound interesting. Too bad about the steampunk design though, the art deco flavor looked a lot better.

We don't really know, Kotaku says it will obviously be "connected" but it is NOT a prequel...

So...yeah...whatever that means.

How can it not be a prequel? It's set 48 years before the first game's events and it has the title of 'BioShock' in it, lol.

How can it not be a prequel? It's set 48 years before the first game's events and it has the title of 'BioShock' in it, lol.

I'm guessing this series is going to become a series of isolated stories that have people with genetically altered states (hence the title) and deal with ideological issues and are "spiritual successors" to each other, but the stories and characters will not be related at all.

I'm guessing this series is going to become a series of isolated stories that have people with genetically altered states (hence the title) and deal with ideological issues and are "spiritual successors" to each other, but the stories and characters will not be related at all.

Hrm, I suppose.

Where do you go after having an utopia in the water and above the sky?

Hrm, I suppose.

Where do you go after having an utopia in the water and above the sky?

Lava planet. :o

The best part of this trailer was the sign "burden not Columbia with your chaff" and then right afterwards the patriotic jingle while some guy's not trying to help you at all. I hope what Infinite does is go for a more psychological horror, one of those "creepy small towns" type scenarios but in Columbia. The trailer itself didn't really convey that, though.

For me, I thought the first Bioshock was pretty good. Totally undeserving of the "instant classic" status it received right out of the gate, but pretty good. I had zero interest in the second game.

Neither did I for the most part, Bioshock just seemed like a somewhat copy pasted, watered down System Shock 2 in my eye's. I merely bought Bioshock 2 months after release due to a 50% off steam deal and approached it with extremely low expectations. It was rather surprising to say the least, thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend renting it just to give it a try even if there is little to no interest.

Last edited:
Looks amazing. I've loved the series thus far.

Neither did I for the most part, Bioshock just seemed like a somewhat copy pasted, watered down System Shock 2 in my eye's. I merely bought Bioshock 2 months after release due to a 50% off steam deal and approached it with extremely low expectations. It was rather surprising to say the least, thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend renting it just to give it a try even if there is little to no interest.

Cool.

I might try it when they put in Games on Demand on Xbox Live.

Last edited:
I'm halfway done with the first one, after that i'ma do the second. So i'll be done by the time this comes out, and i'll definitely will be getting this.

I love the series, I'm actually playing the second one now, on the weekends, so this one's a no brainer for me!!!:awesome::up:

You have to wonder if this game has nothing at all to do with Bioshock, but the publisher made them call it that because it's recognizable.

I could just be making this up, but I seem to remember Ken Levine saying in no uncertain terms that he was finished with Bioshock.

You have to wonder if this game has nothing at all to do with Bioshock, but the publisher made them call it that because it's recognizable.

I could just be making this up, but I seem to remember Ken Levine saying in no uncertain terms that he was finished with Bioshock.

He said he was done with rapture:

At Irrational Games, we believe that in order to fulfill expectations, you have to defy expectations.

When we completed the original BioShock, we felt we had said all we wanted to say with Rapture, but we weren’t done with the idea that is BioShock. BioShock is so much more than a story of a single place or a single time. We had so much more we wanted to say.

http://irrationalgames.com/insider/announcement-from-ken-levine/

Lava planet. :o

Could there ever be a space station maybe floating above Earth?

Or maybe something like Land of the Lost/Lost World where there's a civilaztion within the core of the Earth.

Hrm...I would hope there's a BioShock 3 though. There are certain plots from both games that could be tied up to make a complete trilogy.

I always wanted them to do something on the moon. Just make the big daddy suits spacesuits lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"