Shazam Black Adam spin off with The Rock

JL had the same complaints. You would think they would have learned. At the least Give some backstop on the heroes.
It's suppose to be new leadership at WB but it sure seems the same doesn't it.

They'll never learn. They want quick money and have no faith in these films. No mention of a JSA spin off or Fate spin off says plenty

I'll bet money that if this makes 500 million or less, you'll hear phrases soon after from WB like..
"We're gonna reevaluate"
and
We're looking at making some films with newer fresher heroes
Or
Hey, we have more batman on the way.

Also I know some of you might call me crazy but I actually prefer this film over Shazam. Now don’t get it twisted Shazam is the better film and I definitely connected to it but right now I feel more connected to Black Adam and the story it told however basic and generic it was so I am admitting that so it might change once I rewatch Shazam but as of now I am more camp Black Adam.

I feel the same way. Sure Shazam told a better story, but Black Adam had freaking Dr Fate and Hawkman. Way more awesomeness per minute in Black Adam.

i'm one of the few people who liked WW84.

WW84 is magic, and Gadot’s performance is indeed a big reason why. She killed it.

I'll bet money that if this makes 500 million or less, you'll hear phrases soon after from WB like..
"We're gonna reevaluate"
and
Or

Has worked out for them in comics for decades.

Like The Rock would say "IT DOESN'T MATTER" because this movie actually was a damn good movie

I feel the same way. Sure Shazam told a better story, but Black Adam had freaking Dr Fate and Hawkman. Way more awesomeness per minute in Black Adam.
I really liked Fate and Hawkman and Hawkman especially was in it a ton. The awesome for me in Shazam came when his family all got their powers which was at the end. I do think Shazam 2 is going to have a high "awesomeness per minute" stat though. :cwink:

I see WB is copying the MCU move of having a bunch of movies that have "ok, I guess" levels of quality.

Despite this movie's flaws I had a really good time with it overall. Easily one of the better experiences I had watching a comic-book/superhero movie this year outside of The Batman.

I had some issues with the third act, but I found this to be insanely entertaining for the most part. Action packed almost from beginning to end and Jaume Collet-Serra's stylish direction was definitely on display here in full force.

Such an underrated director IMO and Aldis Hodge/Pierce Brosnan really stole the show.

oof, the Rock chose to act stoic, stiff, and expressionless the whole time & never let up. Made the character boring in his own movie, imo. Disappointing b/c I know he could've pulled it off.

oof, the Rock chose to act stoic, stiff, and expressionless the whole time & never let up. Made the character boring in his own movie, imo. Disappointing b/c I know he could've pulled it off.
Regular Jumanji/Get Smart Rock would have worked fine lol.

"We're gonna reevaluate"
and
Or
During their earnings call Zaslov said the plan was to focus on the core characters of Superman, Batman and Ww. So if this underperforms then it's possible he thinks it's the result of it not being one of the core ones and he may double down and only focus's on those heroes.

i hope that's not the case just mentioning it as a possibility. If that is the case Blue Beetle would be in serious danger

During their earnings call Zaslov said the plan was to focus on the core characters of Superman, Batman and Ww. So if this underperforms then it's possible he thinks it's the result of it not being one of the core ones and he may double down and only focus's on those heroes.

i hope that's not the case just mentioning it as a possibility. If that is the case Blue Beetle would be in serious danger
Seems dumb when The Batman is already going to have sequels and associated projects regardless and WW should be getting a sequel. All it means from where we are is to do Superman and not give too much of a **** about other stuff. The natural way to do it would involve giving the core the highest priority anyway and still doing tons of other projects, both big and small.

If the new WB leadership is smart they'll listen to all criticism and praise around this film. Lot of being am mostly it was fun but the story was really weak. This is a movie they can build off of no doubt going forward whether it bombs or not.

It has potential. They need to pick a direction to go though.
If they would've stuck with Black Adam just being more of a bad guy it would've been great. If the Rock doesn't want to play a villain then don't pick one and then try to make him heroic. There are plenty of hero characters to choose from. We are supposed to be setting up the Villain for Shazam.

I liked some parts of this, I like when characters that can fly hover. You don't see that too much in live action I appreciate it. I liked how black adam flew, his power was great to see in live action. Dr. Fate was cool, but wasted. So now they have to recast. I would've liked an explanation of which version of Hawkman this was. I am excited to see Superman and Black Adam. I hope they just do Superman and Shazam vs Black Adam, similar to the animated movie. Not the same story but the team-up to fight Black Adam I liked.

I do wanna see more of these characters but with a better script next time. I'm pulling for this movie to have solid legs so that it can justify its existence and give us more.

I dunno what was worse or tackier, Black Adam playing Power by Kanye or Watchmen playing Hallelujah

It was Aquaman playing Ocean to Ocean. :o

Not that I've seen Black Adam yet, but Hallelujah in Watchmen was at least somewhat funny.

This is why I find comparisons with Hobbs & Shaw weird. In H&S, the Rock is *fun*, he has charisma and humor. If he brought that kind of energy to Black Adam, we'd probably be talking about the second coming of Aquaman now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"