Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

It's not so surprising as it's been the lowest-rated of the DC shows for a while, despite being the best/most consistent in quality.

Yeah I heard the ratings weren’t good, I mean I know with CW shows there’s a lot of stuff that ratings don’t really matter as they have deals with streaming services across the world and tv stations etc. But I guess there has to be a cut off at how low the ratings can get.

Yeah I heard the ratings weren’t good, I mean I know with CW shows there’s a lot of stuff that ratings don’t really matter as they have deals with streaming services across the world and tv stations etc. But I guess there has to be a cut off at how low the ratings can get.
Yeah the CW doesn't care so much about live ratings, so I'm guessing it wasn't doing too well in those other metrics either. I was looking at the current top 200 torrents on, uh, a site, a couple weeks ago, and the last episodes of The Flash, Supergirl and Legends were still on there despite being almost a year old, while Black Lightning was not. It just doesn't get the viewership it deserves in general, imo. I think it's the combination of having both more obscure characters and less of a "fun factor" than the others.

Yeah the CW doesn't care so much about live ratings, so I'm guessing it wasn't doing too well in those other metrics either. I was looking at the current top 200 torrents on, uh, a site, a couple weeks ago, and the last episodes of The Flash, Supergirl and Legends were still on there despite being almost a year old, while Black Lightning was not. It just doesn't get the viewership it deserves in general, imo. I think it's the combination of having both more obscure characters and less of a "fun factor" than the others.

Its on Netflix over here, first two seasons the episodes dropped straight after the US like a day or two later but S3 didn’t come on until it finished, I bet you’re right it probably didn’t do well in the other metrics. Such a shame and I have to admit I’m kind of guilty of not knowing how good it was until it was too late.

Here's to the First super family of the Arrowverse
black-lightning-season-four-key-art-1253965.jpeg

Gonna miss this show but at least it’s on their own terms. I’m actually ok with the spin-off mainly because Salim is still going to be the Showrunner on it I believe. But still salty that we ain’t gonna get GA&TC but whatever lol.

Gonna miss this show but at least it’s on their own terms. I’m actually ok with the spin-off mainly because Salim is still going to be the Showrunner on it I believe. But still salty that we ain’t gonna get GA&TC but whatever lol.

It isnt on their own terms though. The actors found out it was canceled when we did.

So anyway, season four premiere starting now. The line "Where IS Jennifer" just reminded me that, oh yeah, China Anne McClain is leaving.

This episode has been on point. Much better than every other CW show that has premiered this season.

Jefferson is close to becoming the bad guy himself! Full on Injustice Lightning.

“This one’s for the streets Black Lightning’s back”
Felt so good to hear that again.

Ok that was a very good premiere. It was tough seeing the family just going threw it after they were so unified at the end of last season but as we know the Pierce family is strong and they’ll make it through in the end. Still upset that this is the final season.

After the last couple of seasons that saw large-scaled threats, they cut back to smaller and more personal with the family dealing with the fallout in different ways. Though I hated the time jump, it was a good setup for the rest of the final season.

Good premiere. Very interesting set ups. Happy to have Lala back right from the start.

Good premiere. I don't follow the BTS interviews or anything with this show, so I wasn't expecting the time jump, but I think they're handling it well.

Since TheCW seems to not care about this show anymore now that its canceled, they should just drop all the episodes at once. Another week with no promotional material.

From the sounds of it, they are all original characters.

Damn Jeffereson. At least he didn't fry the guy, at least? The family dynamics continue to be great and real. Loved Anissa "game recognize game" bit.

This no promo thing is really annoying. :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"