Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

My guess is that DC-related shows are just transitioning to being an HBO Max-only type of thing. As the CW shows end, so does having to give these shows’ newer episodes to Netflix.

My guess is that DC-related shows are just transitioning to being an HBO Max-only type of thing. As the CW shows end, so does having to give these shows’ newer episodes to Netflix.

CW already ended its deal with Netflix so I dont think that has anything to do with it. And DC shows make way to much money for WB at TheCW which they co-own. They arent going to drive the network under just for HBO Max.

Show peaked in S1. Not surprised but I'm disappointed it didn't get more seasons. It had more stories it could tell, like Static or The Outsiders.

Or maybe they got there...S2 was a slog and I'm stuck in early S3. Idk.

I thought S3 was great...but it is funny that as soon as they set up their own Justice League...it all falls apart. Sara/Barry will be the only ones left.

CW already ended its deal with Netflix so I dont think that has anything to do with it. And DC shows make way to much money for WB at TheCW which they co-own. They arent going to drive the network under just for HBO Max.
Perhaps, but looking at how AT&T pushed for the Snyder Cut even though it doesn’t make much sense to do so, I could see them pushing WB to have DC-related content to help bolster their HBO Max subscription numbers. Just from a “anything is now possible” point of view for me.

Perhaps, but looking at how AT&T pushed for the Snyder Cut even though it doesn’t make much sense to do so, I could see them pushing WB to have DC-related content to help bolster their HBO Max subscription numbers. Just from a “anything is now possible” point of view for me.

They already have Titans, Harley Quinn, Young Justice, Doom Patrol, Green Lantern, Gotham PD. They arent going to add a slew of other shows and keep them from CW where they are made for super cheap. Any new DC shows on CW will automatically go to HBO Max after they finish airing anyway.

They already have Titans, Harley Quinn, Young Justice, Doom Patrol, Green Lantern, Gotham PD. They arent going to add a slew of other shows and keep them from CW where they are made for super cheap. Any new DC shows on CW will automatically go to HBO Max after they finish airing anyway.
My point is, that a focus can shift towards their streaming service rather than the CW. Only time will tell if it plays out that way. Like I said, anything is possible at this point.

Well, at least there will be an end to the story. I was really hoping for a just Black Lightning/Flash though.

I'm hoping for an Outsiders storyline with Katana.

We're seeing lots of shows ending such as Arrow, Supernatural, Supergirl, and Black Lightning. I can see Legends being next.

Even without the Painkiller news, I'm surprised by this. Especially given that the show was just brought into the Arrowverse proper. That and I would've figured another of the long running shows like Flash would've ended after Supergirl. But for Black Lightning to be next...I wonder if they have plans, if this was always in the cards, or something else.

Hope it ends on a high note, but I'm sure it will. When it comes to the DCCW shows, Black Lightning, for my money, has been the most consistent as far as its quality, which I can't say for Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, or even Legends.
Agreed. For me personally there hasn’t been an episode I didn’t like. Sure some episodes are better than others but for the most part imo there really hasn’t been a episode that I didn’t like. Also I think this was planned because I think that Salim Akil said that he had a three season plan. Yeah I’m sad that this show is ending but I’m that if the Painkiller back door pilot is cool them I’m hoping it gets picked up.

No, to a PAINKILLER spinoff.
I would watch a THUNDER & LIGHTNING spinoff.

No, to a PAINKILLER spinoff.
I would watch a THUNDER & LIGHTNING spinoff.

wouldtn have happened.Turns out one of the actress was gonna leave anyways before cancellation/ending. Think she had a spiritual awakening or something.Put out a video today/

It’s absolutely disgusting the CW didn’t tell the cast and they had to find out online.

In regards to the show itself, I dropped Black Lightning after about 9 episodes of Season 1. Not because I thought it was bad, I just had too many other shows to watch and it wasn’t doing enough for me to keep going with it. But now I know BL is ending after this next season I’m gonna binge it all and catch up.

China (Jennifer) revealed everyone found out like us and that this was her last season regardless. She'll have a reduced episode count and is looking to do more meaningful projects.

It’s absolutely disgusting the CW didn’t tell the cast and they had to find out online.

In regards to the show itself, I dropped Black Lightning after about 9 episodes of Season 1. Not because I thought it was bad, I just had too many other shows to watch and it wasn’t doing enough for me to keep going with it. But now I know BL is ending after this next season I’m gonna binge it all and catch up.

I stopped watching regularly last season since I felt it had gotten away from the smaller scale street and neighborhood level charm that made the first two seasons strong.

Even with that said, it was by no means cancelation worthy.

The Flash has been a lame duck since season 3, yet they don't seem to have an issue of continuing to renew it with all its blandness season after season.

As an African American, I find it especially disappointing they pull the plug on a show with a black hero and a mostly black cast, especially since there aren't very many led black Superheroes on tv.

Yeah, the new Batwoman is black, which is fine, but Black Lightning was something different all together ,and it was refreshing.

Maybe in their minds with Painkiller getting its own series is "good enough " to maintain the brand. Still sucks though.

Hopefully they'll be smart enough to keep Cress Williams Jefferson Pierce aka Black Lightning floating around their different shows like Flash , Batwoman, and LOT.

:rolleyes: It isn't going to be long until the arrowverse wraps for good. If the CW keep cancelling their shows prematurely, people aren't going to tune in for the newer ones.

Both Supergirl and Black Lightening are coming to an end, Legends can't have many seasons left, and I'm not expecting Batwoman to last much beyond a third season.

Soon it's just going to be Flash. I've certainly no interest in any additional spin-offs at this point; for fear that as soon as I get into them, they'll wind up cancelled too.

I don’t see the Arrowverse ending for good anytime soon, they’ve announced several new shows. It’s not like shows are ending and nothings taking their place. I think the CW is looking to refresh its lineup in some respects.

yea.This could be good. But need to refresh their storytelling and quality too.Star girl will be a great step forward provided they can keep quality. Superman and lois looks to be more dark almost black lightning like in some aspects. But its already got itself into controversy...And yea dunno how their "mature" take will be handled. Wondergirl could be great tbh if they plan it out well. painkiller..seems weird of a choice but maybe they just want to keep the actor or whatever.Could be good.

Legends I hope stays.Could prune the cast somewhat.Or hell cancel it but do a JLI show.similar writing.
Batwoman s2 looks weird but I have more hope tbh without ruby.Shame about Kate tho. Flash I honestly dont give a damn.Worst of the cw storytelling faults ut I hear its gotten better.
Supergirl..Superman is a spinoff but I wonder If they could aim for another one.

Yeah, I don't see the universe ending anytime soon. Shows are ending, but the DCCW could be in a transitional phase right now. The flagship show already ended, Supergirl is soon to end, and now Black Lightning is on its way out.

In the meantime, the second show in the universe is still going, so hopefully The Flash can bounce back. With Supergirl gone, the DCCW will soon have Superman & Lois and, with that, a show centered around Superman of all heroes. Who would've thought that possible when this universe was just Arrow and Flash? Wonder Girl is on the way, the CW will soon be the main home for Stargirl, and here's hoping that Batwoman will bounce back after Ruby Rose's departure. Plus, there's the Painkiller series down the line.

Yes, losing Supergirl and Black Lightning in one swoop isn't good. Especially in light of the heroes forming the Superfriends at the end of Crisis. Three of those founding members are or soon will be gone. Technically four if you also count J'onn since he also got a seat at that table. But like any roster of heroes, new members can be added. Sure, the excitement for the DCCW is no doubt not what it once was before, but I'm curious to see how this universe continues to evolve.

I’ve just finished S1 of Black Lightning & I have no idea looking back why I dropped this show. I mean it was because I was watching so much other stuff but it’s damn good. Guess I just wasn’t feeling it then, ah well worked out well for me as I have another 2 seasons to binge now.

My favourite character is definitely Anissa, what a total badass she is.

Yeah, I don't see the universe ending anytime soon. Shows are ending, but the DCCW could be in a transitional phase right now. The flagship show already ended, Supergirl is soon to end, and now Black Lightning is on its way out.

In the meantime, the second show in the universe is still going, so hopefully The Flash can bounce back. With Supergirl gone, the DCCW will soon have Superman & Lois and, with that, a show centered around Superman of all heroes. Who would've thought that possible when this universe was just Arrow and Flash? Wonder Girl is on the way, the CW will soon be the main home for Stargirl, and here's hoping that Batwoman will bounce back after Ruby Rose's departure. Plus, there's the Painkiller series down the line.

Yes, losing Supergirl and Black Lightning in one swoop isn't good. Especially in light of the heroes forming the Superfriends at the end of Crisis. Three of those founding members are or soon will be gone. Technically four if you also count J'onn since he also got a seat at that table. But like any roster of heroes, new members can be added. Sure, the excitement for the DCCW is no doubt not what it once was before, but I'm curious to see how this universe continues to evolve.

I really think the pandemic has pushed some of these decisions, I reckon they would have likely given Supergirl & Black Lightning an extra season on top of their next seasons. I think had that happened we’d have definitely seen one crossover with the “Super Friends” team.

I think they’re in a rebuilding phase, a little like the MCU, I expect The Flash to go 2 more seasons and who knows if they do a 9th they may just go for a 10th (which if it did I wouldn’t be shocked to see it have a reduced count). So we could get Flash, Superman & White Canary rebuilding the team maybe with the new Batwoman, WonderGirl and who knows maybe even Stargirl if they cross over into that world. Guess time will tell.

:rolleyes: It isn't going to be long until the arrowverse wraps for good. If the CW keep cancelling their shows prematurely, people aren't going to tune in for the newer ones.

Both Supergirl and Black Lightening are coming to an end, Legends can't have many seasons left, and I'm not expecting Batwoman to last much beyond a third season.

Soon it's just going to be Flash. I've certainly no interest in any additional spin-offs at this point; for fear that as soon as I get into them, they'll wind up cancelled too.

That's extreme lol. The Arrowverse still has as many shows in production as it had last year and more than what it had 3 years ago. They also have 2 potential shows in development (wonder girl and painkiller).

CW hasn't canceled a show that's gotten a 2nd season and ended before a season 4 in almost 10 years. 4 seasons is their minimum once you get past season 1 so Batwoman will have an unofficial 2 season pick up regardless.

I really don't like how they did this show regarding this decision.

They'll have Superman and Lois, Stargirl, Batwoman (for at least one more season), Painkiller, and Flash , Wondergirl ,with LOT keeping its off and on seasonal status.

Still though, they are losing popular and beloved characters like Arrow , Supergirl, and Black Lightening and bringing in mostly young turks with Flash being the veteran.

So far ,Stargirl is the only one proven to be an instant success, while Painkiller , Wondergirl, the new Batwoman, and even Superman and Lois, still remain to be seen .

So its not as if its all clear sailing from here. They still have something to prove, and the audience will decide if the shows take off.

But no, the Arrowverse isn't going away anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"