Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Why does Namor needs to be asian? Because he looks that way?
I would‘ve preferred Rami Malek for that role, but if they make Antlantis some kind of Mayan fallen kingdom, it‘ll be awesome.
Tenoch Huerta is not the actor, I would‘ve wanted for this, but the setting could be cool

He doesn't have to be Asian, because not all Asians would even look like Namor at all. Someone like Simu Liu would look nothing like him.

But there is something about Namor looking more exotic - whether that's Polynesian or from the South Pacific etc. The actor needs to have a certain haughtiness and arrogance though.

If Atlantis is a Mayan culture, than an actor from Middle-South America works.
It clearly looks like they want to go in that direction and cast Tenoch Huerta, because he fits into that culture.
Iron Man 2 already hinted, that Atlantis probably is between South Ameria and Africa, not in the Pacific

Tenoch Huerta as Namor?

Hmmmm…interesting if true. Would be cool to see some Aztec/Mayan imagery

If Namor returns for the third BP film, they could call it Black Panther: Atlantis Forever.

Cheering for Atlantis to flood Wakanda lol

where do Atlanteans and Wakandeans warriors collide? Wakanda has no coast. That Lake?
5BF5E03C-DE62-46A9-8D2B-7DE68D917DFA.jpeg

where do Atlanteans and Wakandeans warriors collide? Wakanda has no coast. That Lake?
View attachment 46320

I suppose he'll pop up there. All water connects to each other in the world so if he swims undersea enough he'll eventually show up there. :o

And if not there, then there are always swimming pools.

What he sounds like speaking English

He really does not look like Namor at all. He looks too mild mannered and amiable. There's not a trace of arrogance or haughtiness either in his personality, or especially in his face. He looks more like he'd be the helpful Atlantean sidekick.

If they were going for a Mexican/ Hispanic type of actor at least they should've picked someone more like Ricardo Montalban. Now he would've made a good Namor back in the day.

42690385-Space_Seed_098.jpg

Unless the major trades confirm it, I don't believe it.

They have confirmed his casting back in November, but never said who he was going to play:

Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ Sequel Shoot to Begin in July (Exclusive) – The Hollywood Reporter

Mexican actor Tenoch Huerta, who was one of the stars of Netflix’s Narcos: Mexico, is in talks to play one of the antagonists, sources tell THR. Letitia Wright, Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke and Angela Bassett are expected to return for the new feature, with some saying Wright’s character Shuri may take on a more prominent role.

It would be interesting if Namor shows up in Wakanda and tells them they're polluting the oceans and they tell him they're landlocked. That could be the end of the story.

View attachment 46320
Exactly what I've been wondering ever since I learned about this conflict and saw where they put Wakanda in the MCU.
It would be interesting if Namor shows up in Wakanda and tells them they're polluting the oceans and they tell him they're landlocked. That could be the end of the story.
THIS. Conflict resolution through diplomacy. :lmao:

More nonsense from Cosmic Wonder and his subscribers are falling for it:

I get the sense that the Namor thing, while likely, is a lot of people just assuming and hoping they're right. There's been talks about Namor being in a Black Panther movie for a while now, the trades reported Huerta being an "antagonist" and it being hard to see who else he could be playing in a Black Panther movie.

Some people think Huerta is playing Hector Ayala instead of Namor.

Namor has been rumored for BPII for a very long time, so that rumor is believable to me. The Mutants one...need more proof

Namor has been rumored for BPII for a very long time, so that rumor is believable to me. The Mutants one...need more proof

I am going to go with 40% chance Huerta is playing Namor. I say 40% because when The Hollywood Reporter confirmed his casting, they didn't say who he was going to play and yet when they recently announced the casting for Jamila Jamil in She Hulk, they said she was likely to play Titania. Also the rumors Namor was going to be in BPII dated back to when Chadwick was alive.

I am going to go with 40% chance Huerta is playing Namor. I say 40% because when The Hollywood Reporter confirmed his casting, they didn't say who he was going to play and yet when they recently announced the casting for Jamila Jamil in She Hulk, they said she was likely to play Titania. Also the rumors Namor was going to be in BPII dated back to when Chadwick was alive.

Yes the rumors do date back to Boseman still being with us, but that is an aspect of the film I don't expect to change. The script may not have been done, but more likely they were already working on concept art and props and such already. Often times they are with these types of things. That is a lot of work to throw out entirely and start from scratch. If they were doing that, I would have expected a longer delay than 2 months. So I think the core story if Atlantis is involved likely is still the plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"