Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Yes the rumors do date back to Boseman still being with us, but that is an aspect of the film I don't expect to change. The script may not have been done, but more likely they were already working on concept art and props and such already. Often times they are with these types of things. That is a lot of work to throw out entirely and start from scratch. If they were doing that, I would have expected a longer delay than 2 months. So I think the core story if Atlantis is involved likely is still the plan.

The issue is that Wakanda is landlocked and I wonder how Atlantis will be involved.

Until he was cast for this movie, I didn't know Tenoch Huerta could speak English. So when he was first cast, I looked up any English language stuff he did on YouTube. I saw this:

Although he is an Oscar Winner, I don't know how they would bring back Daniel Kaluuya's W'Kabi unless there are other plans for him after Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.......like making him the Black Panther alternate in a Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts team up. W'Kabi is still alive and was most likely in a Wakandan Prison during the events of Infinity War, so it's not impossible that JLD's Valentina wants to recruit him for the future. I think it's a long shot, but it would be the best way to keep the Oscar winner in the MCU long term.

Director Ryan Coogler is returning to direct from his screenplay, and Feige says that everyone from the original cast is also coming back — without, of course, star Chadwick Boseman, who died in August 2020 after a four year battle with colon cancer.

Michael B. Jordan? :ninja:

Daniel Kaluuya is back as W'Kabi. They must have plans for him then.

I mean him and Okoye were significant supporting characters in the first one.

I'm curious who will be revealed as the king of Wakanda during the 5 year 'blip.' Once T'challa was dusted, someone else must have done the challenge for the kingship. 5 years is a long time.

Isn't he shooting Creed 3 soon?
No MBJ listed
E5PQZW6XEAQW998

Still need some convincing on this Wakanda vs Atlantis conflict, but I'm willing to wait and see.

Having in mind what they've decided to do with it, title "Wakanda whatever" would be more fitting here.

Any chance for a W'Kabi redemption arc?

I don't want to sound insensitive, but they really should just recast T'Challa. I suspect Boseman would want the character to continue on, and the fact that the script keeps changing suggests that the filmmakers can't crack the code on how to proceed without him.

This does not inspire confidence at all.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but they really should just recast T'Challa. I suspect Boseman would want the character to continue on, and the fact that the script keeps changing suggests that the filmmakers can't crack the code on how to proceed without him.

I am of the opinion that because Chadwick's illness and death surprised everyone, they are not ready to recast. I could be wrong though.

I'm fine with this one movie being filler until they do recast him. Let the wound heal a bit and then move on. If they use Ta-nehisi coats as inspiration they can really play with T'challas storyline, maybe seeing the future or multiverse, do the galactic empire.

Last edited:

I mean not necessarily. You know Marvel, they could be doing certain changes to tie things together and making sure every little detail is put in place since this is the first movie without Chadwick. I have faith in Ryan Coogler, the man is a talented writer/director and I'm sure he'll be on point.

But yeah, sometimes I'm on the recast T'Challa boat too.

I also have mixed feelings about the matter. Obviously, no one could could play T’Challa as well as Chadwick, and I totally understand the reasoning as the wound would still feel fresh.

But, T’Challa became king, and we hadn’t scratched the surface with the character as he took his rightful place, and other possibilities.

Lots of actors can play T'Challa and be as good as Chadwick. No one is going to play Chadwick as T'Challa.

How many brilliant actors played Batman and did it in a great and unique way each time?

Lots of actors can play T'Challa and be as good as Chadwick. No one is going to play Chadwick as T'Challa.

How many brilliant actors played Batman and did it in a great and unique way each time?

Whoops, I mean’t to say no one could do Chadwick as well as Chadwick, lol

I definitely feel like that's what the trick is, finding out how give us T'challa that still feels like the character without feeling like a riff on Boseman. I imagine marvel wanted to get a movie out on schedule and make the money, but also give themselves time to figure out how to move forward in a more sustainable matter for the IP in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"