Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

the film's issues started when Chadwick Boseman died and it's been downhill ever since.

And it should be Nakia. Been a fan of Lupita since 12 Years a Slave, and while I am happy she didn't fade into obscurity, she could be used more, not just in the MCU. She should not have gotten a CGI only role in the last Star Wars trilogy.

Resurrected Killmonger would have been crap. The What If episode made me further think the character was amazing in the first movie and should just remain that way. Hated the episode about him saving Stark.

I would have gone with Nakia.
Nakia and Okoye would've been interesting because they are genuinely great characters and fan favorites. And they already have warrior backgrounds.
M'Baku would've been interesting because you could play up his estrangement from the Jabari Tribe. And he already has a warrior background.
W'Kabi would've been interesting because you could play up his redemption arc and shift the narrative focus away from the royal family and onto him and Okoye. And he already has a warrior background.

My first choice, from day one, was to recast T'Challa. I think had Disney simply not committed to anything and let some time pass after Boseman's death, temperatures would've cooled and things could have gone ahead as planned. I think they reacted too quickly and now we're getting a sense of "buyer's remorse" with that decision.

Nakia and Okoye would've been interesting because they are genuinely great characters and fan favorites. And they already have a warrior background.
M'Baku would've been interesting because you could play up his estrangement from the Jabari Tribe. And he already has a warrior background.
W'Kabi would've been interesting because you could play up his redemption arc and shift the narrative focus away from the royal family and onto him and Okoye. And he already has a warrior background.

My first choice, from day one, was to recast T'Challa. I think had Disney simply not committed to anything and let time pass after Boseman's death, temperatures would've cooled and things could have gone ahead and planned. I think they reacted too quickly and now we're getting a sense of "buyer's remorse" with that decision.

I agree with all of this :up:

T'Challa being out of the MCU sucks. It just really, really sucks.

Namor not fighting T'Challa sucks.
Dr. Doom not fighting T'Challa sucks.
Ororo not marrying T'Challa sucks.

So much great material squandered by not recasting.

The vaccine is not to prevent one from being sick, as you can still get it even vaccinated. It prevents the symptoms from being severe enough to prevent hospitalization.

Also I get the feeling Riri Williams will replace her as the smartest person in the MCU soon anyways.

Nakia and Okoye would've been interesting because they are genuinely great characters and fan favorites. And they already have warrior backgrounds.

My first choice, from day one, was to recast T'Challa. I think had Disney simply not committed to anything and let some time pass after Boseman's death, temperatures would've cooled and things could have gone ahead as planned. I think they reacted too quickly and now we're getting a sense of "buyer's remorse" with that decision.

The fact that Daniel is returning for this movie and JLD is rumored to show up as Val makes me think he'll be her version of the character.

I know we haven't a situation quite like this one, but we've had 3 iterations if spiderman, 3 iterations of hulk, 2 daredevils, 3 big screen supermen, now 6 big screen batmen with 3 jokers and the list goes on. And coming from a black man, I'm saddened to see that this character cannot live on in spite of real life tragedy. I understand that Chad made the role, but this role can inspire others to fill those shoes and carry the torch set a blaze by him. To do the role in their own way but still carry the same responsibilities and duty to honor the character and people he represents.

The vaccine is not to prevent one from being sick, as you can still get it even vaccinated. It prevents the symptoms from being severe enough to prevent hospitalization.

Also I get the feeling Riri Williams will replace her as the smartest person in the MCU soon anyways.

What about Reed Richards?

Was writing that during work....I meant to say smartest youngster in the MCU soon.

Depends on what they go for with Reed and the FF. They may opt for a younger team.

Depends on what they go for with Reed and the FF. They may opt for a younger team.

True. I hope not as young as the last FF movie. By younger, I wouldn't mind Reed Richards closer to 40 than 50.

*Sigh*

Honestly, I wish they could just delay this and recast T'Challa. Is anyone here excited for a Wright Shuri Black Phanter? And now that apparently she's gone full anti-vaxxer, I hate that she's the new face of the franchise even more.

I don't think it's safe to say she is the new face of the franchise. This seems more like a ensemble act with no specific lead yet.

If she is the new Black Panther, she is the lead.

I don't think it's safe to say she is the new face of the franchise. This seems more like a ensemble act with no specific lead yet.

Wakanda Forever is a transition movie, but I'm sure that by the end of the film she's gonna be the new face of the franchise as the Black Panther...

Wakanda Forever is a transition movie, but I'm sure that by the end of the film she's gonna be the new face of the franchise as the Black Panther...
It certainly is now

I still think they're all going to be black panther. I think they'll treat it like black panther by committee if you will.

like in Spartacus…
I‘m Black Panther…I‘m Black Panther…I‘m Black Panther….

Here's hoping they recast Letitia Wright if Shuri is indeed the new BP.

I think it's really pathetic how everyone turns on someone just because they don't align with the popular narrative. People have the right to choose what they want in their bodies for ****s sake. Letitia is NOT ant-vax. That's such a lazy label like a lot of labels born during the Gen Z social media era. She's anti MANDATE, which any self respecting person should be.

I'm not vaccinated and never will put that in my body. I respect the athletes and celebs who are starting to break rank and not willing to sell their soul. Meanwhile, it's hilarious seeing our robotic society just up and turn on people like that due to nothing more than a difference of opinion. Bunch of government and media zealots.

They better not kick out Letita like they did Gina Carano. If Disney keeps pulling this crap I'm pretty much done with them.

Now that being said, Letitia probably shouldn't be bringing it to the set. Have your views on your own social media and what not but keep it out of work. Unless the media is making a mountain out of a molehill in this regard. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

Why? This is so petty. Grow up.
Growing up is taking your medicine, like an adult. Especially when you have people out there more vulnerable then you, who can't. Pettiness is not being considerate of your fellow human beings.

That this is all tied to transphobic and anti-Semitism just makes it all the more apparent who's in the wrong here. But please, keep going.

I think it's really pathetic how everyone turns on someone just because they don't align with the popular narrative. People have the right to choose what they want in their bodies for ****s sake. Letitia is NOT ant-vax. That's such a lazy label like a lot of labels born during the Gen Z social media era. She's anti MANDATE, which any self respecting person should be.

I'm not vaccinated and never will put that in my body. I respect the athletes and celebs who are starting to break rank and not willing to sell their soul. Meanwhile, it's hilarious seeing our robotic society just up and turn on people like that due to nothing more than a difference of opinion. Bunch of government and media zealots.

They better not kick out Letita like they did Gina Carano. If Disney keeps pulling this crap I'm pretty much done with them.

Now that being said, Letitia probably shouldn't be bringing it to the set. Have your views on your own social media and what not but keep it out of work. Unless the media is making a mountain out of a molehill in this regard. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.
As your province slides into overflowing hospitals due to uninformed people like you, I sincerely hope you learn to consider the impact of your actions on the lives and health of those around you. But you won't be doing it here.

UrQ8UKT.gif

It’s not a matter of you think or what I think or everyone else of us thinks…
It’s what Disney thinks. And this attitude doesn’t align with the company values.
And that’s probably why, they couldn’t keep Laetitia. The backlash and damage will be too big for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"