Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

FeJYfkvVIAAA0Ml

130.00 million Mexicanos - "¿Que, somos los malos? ...¡Chingón!"

evil-are-we-the-baddies.gif

6vkd8j.jpg

Namor looks fantastic.
Love they didn't shy away from the wings and flying.

And here's to them being allies against the manipulation of an inevitable common foe, by films end.
6vko8s.jpg

Last edited:
Visuals are still outstanding (except 1-2 shots maybe), but I still have concerns that Shuri as Black Panther will work.

I don't know why I thought all this time that the movie was coming out in December or at least later this year. November 11 is gonna be here in no time at all. Hell, it's right around the corner.

Visuals are still outstanding (except 1-2 shots maybe), but I still have concerns that Shuri as Black Panther will work.

I left the theater wanting so much more Shuri - now we're getting her as BP and I couldn't care less, because of her actions in real life.

While I'm still not sold on the "Shuri as Black Panther " thing , I'll give the film itself a chance to convince me otherwise.

I actually like the teaser better although this one had some good shots.

Was that Chadwick’s reflection in the window at 1:08?

This movie looks SO GOOD. This could be top tier MCU.

I'm skeptical on shuri taking the BP mantle. Shuri is a tech person and not a warrior like her brother, Coogler is gonna have to REALLY sell us on her being worthy to wear and fight in that costume.

I don't agree with what Letitia did on set, and I despise her anti-vaccines ideas.

But hey, I don't really hear these complaints about Evangeline Lilly who did pretty much the same.
And if we can accept her as Wasp and be excited about Quantumania, I think we can also give Wright a chance to have a change of heart (or at least be more discreet about her beliefs) and wait for what she, as an actress, can bring to the character in the future.

Just to back up and for clarity's sake. Did Wright's statements on vaccines actually lead to anything like production being held up? Same with Evangeline Lilly too, really, but did her comments cause any sort of result? Or was it just actors or folks grumbling about it. With, Lily, it was about the vaccine being mandated that she had an issue with, and Wright denies making the statements at all.

But were there ever any actual delays as a result of what she said or her apparently not being vaccinated?

I've never been in love with MCU Shuri but I'm open to the idea in terms of how Coogler utilizes her for his vision. Likely that's her as BP at the end of the trailer.

I am pretty pumped at seeing Riri though. Hope they do her justice and I'm already bracing for the grifters to hate on her.

But yeah can't wait for November.

Last edited:
Just to back up and for clarity's sake. Did Wright's statements on vaccines actually lead to anything like production being held up? Same with Evangeline Lilly too, really, but did her comments cause any sort of result? Or was it just actors or folks grumbling about it. With, Lily, it was about the vaccine being mandated that she had an issue with, and Wright denies making the statements at all.

But were there ever any actual delays as a result of what she said or her apparently not being vaccinated?

The only thing I remember was production stopped when Wright got hurt doing stunts and Covid was going around. I remember Lupita had Covid but that's about it.

There were rumors of rewrites and reshoots, but never any confirmation

The one thing that bothers me with her is in all the interviews I've seen with her over the past two years, she seems so blah and uninterested in the conversation. I don't know if it's depression from the loss of Chadwick, or shame from the whole anti-vax thing, but she seems very out of it, and I hope that doesn't translate to her performance

I have faith in Ryan Coogler. He's proven himself time and time again to be a formidable writer and visionary and it's clear Feige trusts him also.

I know he and this cast will give us a worthy and satisfying story.

I don't agree with what Letitia did on set, and I despise her anti-vaccines ideas.

But hey, I don't really hear these complaints about Evangeline Lilly who did pretty much the same.
And if we can accept her as Wasp and be excited about Quantumania, I think we can also give Wright a chance to have a change of heart (or at least be more discreet about her beliefs) and wait for what she, as an actress, can bring to the character in the future.

thats-exactly-what-im-saying-chido-nwokocha.gif

Pretty sure the delay only was due to Letitia's injury on set. I don't like Letitia's views but I do think we got a lot of misinformation on how she was on set related to it from netizens who disagreed with her.

I actually like the teaser better although this one had some good shots.

Was that Chadwick’s reflection in the window at 1:08?
That was Namor about to smash the window.

Love they didn't shy away from the wings and flying.
Seems like they're even leaning into it harder. We hear from M'Baku that instead of him being "King" Namor, they see him as an incarnation of Kukulkan (the Mayan name for Quetzalcoatl) because he has feathers that he can fly with.

Here's to hoping we hear the term 'mutant' in this movie at some point.

Reactions: Lip
I know Wright's beliefs left a bad taste in people's mouth, but I trust Coogler with this. If she is or isn't the Black Panther, I think he has a good arc in store.

With no surprise, tickets are getting sold out for Thursday and Friday. Thankfully I got mine for Thursday for Dolby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"