Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

FeJYfkvVIAAA0Ml

Great poster and trailer. And I guess that confirms officially who the new Black Panther is.

Yeah, I know, the whole situation with Leticia and her saying some admittedly stupid and ignorant things about Covid/masks, she should be held accountable for what she said, and that will inevitably create some drama in regards to her taking on the main role of Black Panther, etc.

However, I know that there are hundreds, even thousands, of casting crew, including Ryan Coogler, the cast and the writers, who worked their asses off and put their heart and soul into this to make this into the best thing it can be amidst a horrible tragedy, from what I can tell of the trailers so far, and one person’s actions shouldn’t take away from and ruin all of that. The impact and legacy left by Chadwick as a person and as the title role of this movie is much too big for the stupid actions of one person to tarnish. No matter what any of the actors or crew say or do, his legacy will outlive them. No one and nothing can take away from what he did and accomplished in life. If they were able to, then he didn’t leave much of a legacy to begin with, and we probably wouldn’t be a giving this film as much attention and due as we are.

I’ll admit, I’ve had some reservations with the potential rumors of who would be taking on the mantle, but I’m also open to and willing to give the film a chance to see how they handle things. I trust Ryan Coogler to do right by this and handle this with the most care, craft and respect. He hasn’t let me down yet.

Won’t be able to go to theaters to see this due to dealing with some physical stuff that’s keeping me at home, but I am definitely going to make this mandatory viewing when it comes out on Disney+ on day one.

Last edited:
Here's to hoping we hear the term 'mutant' in this movie at some point.
Maybe an easter egg about a weather witch or something, like a man fighting with metal claws in a bar?

It looks amazing but I wish they had a different actress to play BP. Letitia Wright is insane.

I hope at some point, we hear what the original story was between T’Challa and Namor before they had to rewrite. Obviously won’t be anytime soon but I wonder if it was pretty straightforward.

I hope at some point, we hear what the original story was between T’Challa and Namor before they had to rewrite. Obviously won’t be anytime soon but I wonder if it was pretty straightforward.
I sure hope so. I still haven't heard the Nolan brain-trust tell us what 'Dark Knight Rises' would have looked like if we hadn't lost Heath Ledger.

I love that we can see Namor rocking those ridiculous winglets on his ankles in the trailer. Love it.

Some really cool shots in that new trailer but I enjoyed the teaser more personally.

Teaser was better, but this trailer was still awesome.

Tickets booked!

I don't agree with what Letitia did on set, and I despise her anti-vaccines ideas.

But hey, I don't really hear these complaints about Evangeline Lilly who did pretty much the same.
And if we can accept her as Wasp and be excited about Quantumania, I think we can also give Wright a chance to have a change of heart (or at least be more discreet about her beliefs) and wait for what she, as an actress, can bring to the character in the future.

easy for me: I already didn’t liked her as Tauriel and Kate in Lost was also pretty annoying - and I don’t like her as Wasp

Got my ticket, didn't know they were coming out today. I predicted next week, didn't see any trailers on tv regarding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"