Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

M'Baku and Nakia, both originally villains in the comics, are much more interesting characters as heroes in the MCU in my opinion.
Yes, very much agreed. M’Baku seemed a little on the line at first but that worked really well. He’s a great ally who adds some X-factor into the mix.

Did unfortunately see a pretty big spoiler online, but heading out to see this movie now. Can't wait!

As I have stated in my last post, they handled the antagonists better in this one than in the first one and I thought that Klaue should have lasted a few more movies, or at least be still alive at the end of the first movie to pop up somewhere else in the future

Um, you realize the primary antagonist of the first movie was not Klaw, right?

Um, you realize the primary antagonist of the first movie was not Klaw, right?

Yes, but he was one of the antagonists. At least don't kill him, so that he can return in the future, which I thought was a mistake to do that because there was potential for more appearances for him.

I do think Klaue being a behind-the-scenes arms dealer could have had more to contribute in future MCU projects. Kill him at some point but not necessarily that early.

I do think Klaue being a behind-the-scenes arms dealer could have had more to contribute in future MCU projects. Kill him at some point but not necessarily that early.

I would have waited to have killed him off. He was killed off too soon.

For me it brought up feelings of grief that I didn't even know that I had because I lost my brother a couple of years back
Me too. I lost my mom last year and I couldn't stop shedding tears. Cried like four times watching this. I can't remember the last time watching a movie got to me as much as Wakanda Forever did.

I wonder how much this changed from the original story before Chadwick’s passing. Namor was still the villain. RiRi was probably still there.

Queen Ramonda probably still died

I have a feeling the original story was more “paint by numbers” like MoM was about protecting someone and the unfortunate turn of events made it more interesting.
I would guess time would have gone
to the boss of the mercenaries
since Shuri's grieving her brother storyline would have been absent

I would have waited to have killed him off. He was killed off too soon.
As a franchise with a closing date due to things like Chris Evans aging and refusing to keep bulking up there is every reason to sacrifice some mid ranked characters for the story. So that we know it is serious as everybody doesn't get up after being smashed

Me too. I lost my mom last year and I couldn't stop shedding tears. Cried like four times watching this. I can't remember the last time watching a movie got to me as much as Wakanda Forever did.

Like it was emotional for me but cathartic

What a powerful movie. Every actor brought their A-game especially Letitia wright and Angela Bassett. Angela Bassett wasn't surprising, the academy owe that woman an Oscar, but Letitia wright really impressed me, what a great actress. Moving from a supporting character to a lead character is not easy at all but she delivered. Namor was a great villain and the actor was phenomenal.

I'm probably in the minority but I enjoyed Wakanda Forever more than the first one. I found the story more engaging and the acting in it was some of the best in the MCU, maybe even the best in CBMs. Ryan Coogler is really good, marvel better hold on to him.

10/10 movie for me. Marvel is back

Need some time to gather all my thoughts, but I absolutely loved it.
Great to hear. I was the same after seeing it, definitely enjoyed it a ton but it takes a while to digest it all. It’s certainly not a typical MCU film.

Great to hear. I was the same after seeing it, definitely enjoyed it a ton but it takes a while to digest it all. It’s certainly not a typical MCU film.
It definitely isn't a traditional MCU sequel or movie, but I think that's exactly why it worked. This feels more like the Empire Strikes Back of a Black Panther trilogy.

Posted this in the Misc. Comic thread. Thought I’d post it here.
I sometimes agree with him on principle, but I also think he can be a bit hyperbolic a lot of the time. This is not one of his best takes.
The BvS “Martha” comparison, not the other stuff.

Then again, he was a big fan of Doctor Strange 2, the film that indulged in the Sam Raimi craziness at the expense of Wanda‘s previous character arc and turned her into a psycho, powerful crazy woman needlessly killing characters for her children, and Falcon and the Winter Soldier, whose politics were very confused and muddled with its support of cops and centrist rhetoric in the finale.

But, hey, character assassination and weird political stances is fine as long as the thing that you’re watching has a unique vision and style.

who if anyone was the Black Panther during the snap?

they had already believed him to be dead during those 5 years, so, why was it only now that they felt he needed to be replaced... or that it effected their political infrastructure

not that they shouldn't have been effected by his lost (emotional and such), but, like they already went through it once, they should have had some contingency plan in place,.. no?

Oh I haven't thought of that.

He was indeed gone for 5 years after Infinity War.

I’ve said that the first Black Panther felt like the closest thing that black people had to a Star Wars just set on earth and in Africa. This film felt to me like if in Empire Strikes Back Luke died at the beginning and Leia become the main character and while I thought this movie was good (7/10 compared to the first Black Panther 9/10 for me) it’s still not the same as Empire/Black Panther with Luke/T’Challa as without. If you guys get what I mean. Still a good movie just missing Chadwick but Ryan Coogler and the cast and crew created the best possible film due to the circumstances so overall I really liked it but it’s just not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"