BOX OFFICE Discussion

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
I wasn't gonna do one, but now that imlooking forward to this again, i am!:yay:

This my take on how Ff's box office will go; I am an admin on boxofficefanatic.com.....guess what we discuss and predict all day? I am also a reg. poster on the World Of Kj, also a box office/film discusison website so I do know about this subject:cwink:

Release Date
Opening on a Friday exactly two years after Batman Begins and less than 2 years after Fantastic Four, Rise of the Silver Surfer's release date pins it against Nancy Drew, a family movie aimed at young girls, after Oceans 13, a potential 100 million earner, and before Evan Almighty, the 180 million dollar comedy starring Steve Sarrell. Neither has much appeal to this film's main core audience of kids, teenagers, and action damns though EVAN takes away the comedy audience. That said, mid June does give it a shot at decent legs.

Marketing
As Fox's-the worlds greatest marketer-only big budget summer film, the marketing for this film should be enormous. Given the appeal, it's a sequel, and the quality of marketing we have seen thus far, it is safe to say this film will get fantastic marketing. After all, this is the studio who got X2 to get 4th highest opening weekend EVER at the time.

Original's word of mouth
It is rather obvious Fantastic Four was not the most well recieved film. It dropped on it's first Saturday(HIGHLY unusual for a kiddie/family film), dropped huge in it's second weekend, and had incredibly frontroaded dvd sales. That said, the interest in a good Fantastic Four movie is high and the original does have it's share of fans among kids and teenagers.

Prediction
Friday 6/15 - 28 million
Saturday 6/16- 27 million
Sunday 6/17- 20 million
Opening weekend = 75 million

Monday-Thursday=25 million

Opening week=100 million

2nd weekend=32 million -57%

Monday-Thursday- 12 million

3rd Weekend- 18 million-

Monday-Thursday-5 million

4th weekend-8 million

Total at this point=175 million

Overall total=195 million +205 million overseas=400 million worldwide

^ I agree with that 100%. If the next trailer shows Doom and blows me away I might have to up it but you're #'s are inline with mine.

Change your damn sig. LOL

Edit: Oh wait your domestic total is 195 million. Ok my first guess is 175 million. If Doom is badass and the trailers continue to get better 200 million is possible...but very tough.

I believe my Silver Surfer alone, will bring in an extra 100M bucks more than the first film worldwide. You all have no idea what a being of Silver, is capable of doing at the box office. And judging by the kooky actors they have and the guy from Charmed. The Surfer has never been needed more than he is needed now. Keep the marketing campaign high on The Surfer, FOX, and you shall see a surge. :cool:

^^^ This is correct. Me and my kids would have no interest at all in seeing this at the cinema if there was no Silver surfer. Because there is a Silver Surfer, we shall be there on opening night.

The manager of my local multiplex specifically called it "Silver Surfer" when I was talking to him about posters.
I asked 2 ushers (both guys) what they were looking forward to this summer. One said "Spiderman 3" and the other said "Rise of the Silver Surfer."

Since so far this DOES looks like a better, less sitcom-like take on FF and the teaser geared up excitement, I would guess this is gonna make more than the first, but I won´t guess any numbers (I´m not good at that).

opening weekend = 65 million

domestic gross = 180 million

overseas gross = 210 million

worldwide gross = 390 million

I'm pretty sure FOX's marketing machine will ensure a hefty opening...and I wouldn't be surprised if it far outpaces the first film's debut.

I like your predictions. I think they're pretty close to what's gunna happen.

Sorry, but my Silver Surfer will not see anything less than a 75M opening weekend.

Sorry, but my Silver Surfer will not see anything less than a 75M opening weekend.

I can agree with that.....going from a 56 million opening to a 75 million opening, in my opinion, would be close to a miracle.....

But HEY, I believe in miracles......:woot:

ooops....double post

sorry....

I can agree with that.....going from a 56 million opening to a 75 million opening, in my opinion, would be close to a miracle.....

But HEY, I believe in miracles......:woot:

Hey...it happened with X-Men and X2: X-Men United....lightning could strike in the same place again for FOX...

Hey...it happened with X-Men and X2: X-Men United....lightning could strike in the same place again for FOX...

Doubtful...................but I'm always up for a miracle.

Still way to early for predictions. If it hits right, if the critics like it, if it gets good word of mouth, if there is excitment from the non fans, then who knows. I'll wait till we get closer. About 15th of May, I'll put out the offical boxoffice prediction threads.

Still way to early for predictions. If it hits right, if the critics like it, if it gets good word of mouth, if there is excitment from the non fans, then who knows. I'll wait till we get closer. About 15th of May, I'll put out the offical boxoffice prediction threads.

:huh: :huh: Another thread...???? what's wrong with using this thread???????

nevermind.....nevermind........I forgot we have to have multiple everything so that Lightnin will have something to do......lmao:whatever: :cwink: :oldrazz:

I say 70/75 mill opening weekend, 165/170 mill dom. take, and 160/165 mill overseas, with a total of 325/335 mill worldwide..

Nancy Drew better not be a surprise hit like that Parada movie was last summer :o

Poll...?

Anyway I'm guessing that although FF1 wasn't very well recieved (especially by critics) Surfer should bring in some more income. I'm guessing around 70mill million opening & 165mill overall domestically with a total world wide gross of around 360.

I'll wait till we get closer. About 15th of May, I'll put out the offical boxoffice prediction threads.

Um, why? :huh: That would be redundant. This one is fine, and a poll can be added closer to release. In fact, watch this....

*edits title*

Et viola.

I think 72 million opening weekend.
(64 million minimum.)

Excel to make things manageable you should add a poll here for opening weekend that closes on opening Friday.

I still think we should wait before polling it (I know SHH is going to) just because so much can come out between now and say, May. People may want to change their votes based on new information later.

But it's whatever you guys decide; I'll support it.

Premature for a poll, in my opinion, unless there's gonna be another poll after, say, the trailer that runs with Spiderman 3.
A lot can come out between now and then that could shift opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skaboss241
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"